Thread: CAO Cameroon

Default CAO Cameroon

5.5" Toro

Well what can I say. I expected more and received less.

Initial taste was ok. Nothing spectacular however it did have flavor unlike some.

The build was ok IMO. Burned fairly even throughout. Draw was a bit tougher than I like.

Possibly held my expectations to high on this stick but it just seemed to not go anywhere.

I noticed ZERO flavor transitions, and overall less than half way it became a "stinky" cigar. I did not enjoy that. I took it like a champ and stayed in it for the duration.

I would love to hear others description on this stick.

Quote Originally Posted by guado
    Well what can I say. I expected more and received less.
    That about sums up my experience with the CAO brand in general.

I do like the Anniversary line, and had a CX2 the other day that was OK, but the rest have been a letdown.

In spite of all evidence to the contrary, the entire universe is composed of only two basic substances: Magic and bullshit.

I actually like most of the CAO line except for the flavored cgars. Funny enough the only one of their line that I haven't tried is the Camerron. My favorites are Italia and Brazil in that order

Default I agree - lacking flavor

I am smoking one right now. I am not sure what the size is called. it is tapered at both ends and came in an square aluminum tube. I find this and many of the CAOs lacking flavor. The exceptions are the maduros and the Soprano editions. Both provided more flavor and were a bit more enjoyable. I would not buy these. At present, I would only smoke them if given to me. And only then if I had nothing else.

I smoked one of these today, and agree it was nothing special but still a good smoke. The draw and burn were perfect though and it gave me a huge buzz, could be because it was pretty cold out and I was smoking it fast. I really like the criollo, italia and anniversaire maduro though (haven't tried any others, yet).

I think it's a descent box press robusto for a beginner , but not worthy of a seasoned smoker. I do favor the mx2. Especially when it first came out and the wrappers were really dark black and greasy.

Thread Ressurection. I am glad it was brought up though. I am trying another CAO cameroon this or next week. I remember that week having a VERY off palate and I may have been unfair on the review.

I will repost my thoughts when I have this smoke again.

In general though I have enjoyed pretty much ever CAO with the exception of a couple.

bigsmoke Guest

I have never tried a CAO. They get ok reviews and the prices are good. I might pick up a box, any recommendations?

i like medium to strong ciggies, if that helps at all.

Quote Originally Posted by guado View Post
    In general though I have enjoyed pretty much ever CAO with the exception of a couple.
    That is my experience as well. I dont dig Cameroon much, but even so, the CX2 wasn't bad. I did have an MX2 which lackd flavor. I love the Saprano's and was on a big Brazil kick a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsmoke View Post
    I have never tried a CAO. They get ok reviews and the prices are good. I might pick up a box, any recommendations?

i like medium to strong ciggies, if that helps at all.
    Get a box of Saparano's!
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Thread Information