Thread: Newbie Review #7 5 Vegas Robusto

The foothills of the Sierra mountains about 50 miles west of Lake Tahoe.

Default Newbie Review #7 5 Vegas Robusto

OK, this is a pretty average and easily obtainable cigar. I got a 5 pack on Cigar Bid for $9. But dang, I liked it

Easy draw, Easy to light, Stayed lit and had a great ash (I've always wanted to say that)

Forget the first, second, and third Third stuff. It was pretty consistent throughout. While I truly HATED the C.E.Beck cigar because of it's overwhelming spiciness, this cigar was spicy in a nice way. It has a bit of coffee flavor as well as the spice. Overall it was a nice set of flavors, it just wasn't all that complex.

I notice on the top25cigar site that people called this a "less complex" or "Plain" stick. One person called it "woody" and I can see how you'd say that about the taste. It was certainly not a sweet or chocolate style of cigar, but it's an interesting flavor.

The last 2 inches started to get a bit harsh so I let is die. But I liked it. It wasn't an "Oh My Gosh" great cigar but it's certainly a decent stick. And at $9 for 5 at CBid I can't complain. But I have to say that I liked it.

Newbie Appropriateness: Hmmmm. The taste might scare a total newbie away. But if you've had a few sticks already then you might really appreciate the mild spiciness.

OK, that's it. No writing about memories of deer in the woods or migrating geese this time. No reminiscing on the ever changing pageant of fall colors while attempting to taste the subtleties of a Sumatran wrapper around a Nicaraguan filler. That's it. Nothing to see here, no opus. Move along.

I have a couple laying in the humi, they are pretty good sticks and at the price, they are excelent for yardwork, golf, or other times when you want a stick which might get a tad bit abuse.
    Love the reviews, keep them coming.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Thread Information