Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here we go again.....

Blog Entries

Default Here we go again.....

Okay CockyHoskins, you can cut the over moderating bullshit anytime now. You're deletion of Scott's comments in his thread regarding Oblik was out of line and uncalled for.

Oh wait, I see you've now deleted the ENTIRE THREAD

SFG75 started a poll asking the membership if we though Oblik should remain a moderator, with two options, yes or no. Last time I saw it it was 10 for "No" and ZERO for "Yes"

So along comes CockyHoskins. He deletes the verbage in Scott's post, deletes the verbage in my post and deleted Ken's (cigarsarge's) post in its entirety. Then he posts this bullshit:

Calling out a mod is the best way to get banned boys. That is a fit you wont win. Keep it in bounds
    Well I'm "calling you out" Cocky, and I'm telling you to stop with the bullshit IMMEDIATELY!!! Do you think it's okay in your book for a moderator to break rules and do any goddam thing he wants just because he's a "moderator"? Well I got news for ya Cocky, you're dead wrong. Just because you're some kind of "moderator" doesn't mean you're above the rules anymore than anyone else here. Now that I think about it, I think we should have a poll to see what people think about your moderating tactics and if you should still be a moderator here. I vote "NO"

You had NO GOOD REASON to alter our posts THEN go back and delete the thread. It's been posted MANY MANY times on this board that moderating tactics like this are the fastest way to ruin this board. Go ask the children over at the Island how that all worked

This is what the thread used to say:

Posted by SFG75:

This guy stiffed my pass. He took an ISOM and put in a fake Cohiba. He also had problems in a previous pass at LTC. This guy has promised me time and again to make it up to me, but he's never delivered. Now he's angling to get into Cocky's pass. I'm not calling for his ouster from CSmokers, but I do believe that his suspect behavior and less than BOTL actions should disqualify him from being a moderator. I know he isn't around a lot, but when he slinks back in here not to post, but rather, to join a pass, you have to wonder about what his motives are.

Come on people, if CC and I can agree that he(Oblik) is a P.O.S., then what does that say?

Posted by cigarsarge:

It's up to hex what to do about Oblik. I think Oblik should step down on his own. He obviously has little interest in the board outside of how it can benefit him. He does not "get it" when it becomes to being a BOTL.

Posted by CoventryCat86:

I could have some fun with this but I'll control myself.

First off, Oblik signed up for the pass before he became MIA. I think the issue Scott raises about whether Oblik should be in the pass is a good one. Does anyone remember the texasaggie incident on CigarPass? He was a partcipant in servebig's (Barney's) "Everlasting gobstopper pass" BUT had not posted for over three months and his name was left in the pass order. So the pass gets sent to him and no one ever heard from him. Finally two months later, he starts with the excuses about "deathS in the family" "lost my job" but promises to send the pass back to Barney. In the meantime, he's seen attending herfs in the Houston area (probably smoking and giving away Barney's cigars ) Well this was last freakin' DECEMBER and I think servebig is still waiting for his pass.

Oblik has been virtually ABSENT from this site for over a month now. I think he told us all some story about being busy with "finals" well just how the fock long is "finals" week at his school?

Scotty also brings up the point about Oblik's behavior on ANOTHER board. Now Scotty this is where ya kinda piss me off because you keep giving me crap constantly about how YOUR behavior on other boards IS NOT RELEVANT here and I say it is. Now all of a sudden YOU have a problem about how Oblik treated you in a PASS (not as a moderator) on ANOTHER BOARD and you are trying to use this a fodder for your argument to have Oblik stripped of his moderator status. I find that rather amusing.

Now while I find it "rather amusing" I do believe that it is relevant (though others will certainlly disagree) as to how he should be considered here. I'm not sure that stripping him of his "moderator status" is any kind of punishment.

I think he should not be a moderator mostly since he's hardly ever here (LMAO well except for the fact that I LIKE moderators who don't over moderate and since he's seldom if ever here, that means he can't "moderate" right? ). I also believe a person should not be a moderator who alters and deletes posts for no good reason (kinda like you did Scotty over on the Island AND how Oblik did here when I first got here). I think Oblik was "counseled" here at some point (just a guess) because his heavy handed offensive over moderating and deletion of posts came to an abrupt end in early May (right around the time he disappeared )

I also will not sign up for a pass that he is a participant in because that is a train wreck waiting to happen IMO. I can see another texasaggie situation in the making.

HOWEVER, wait just a minute, JOE.M. lives in Albuquerque and I'm sure he'd LOVE to volunteer his services as "muscle" if Oblik tries to pull a disappearing act with this pass. YEAH, keep him IN the pass!!! Oblik may find it uncomfortable to walk with broken knee caps
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 06-14-2005 at 11:22 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

SFG75 Guest

We do disagree CC. I've never put fake cigars of any kind in a pass. You raised an issue that a pass owner didn't raise with me and I made up for it. Oblik hasn't. He's in a different class from me entirely. Not only that, but I've done five deals here-no one's complained.

I will let the matter rest after this, but CC is correct. This is relevant and this over-moderating is doing nothing to help the board. You WANT a cheater and a dishonest person in your pass?

BTW-Since when in the hell is the "politics" forum not for member gripes?? Wasn't that not why it was created in the first damn place?? WTF???

Edited: For to make the post less "stuffy"
    Last edited by SFG75; 06-14-2005 at 11:26 AM.

Blog Entries

Never mind........

Scott revised his post to remove everything I was bitching about
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 06-14-2005 at 11:31 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    No my beef with you is not "personal" it's due to the way you treat people and for many other reasons which have been aired out here time and time again so there's no need to go through them again. It is not "personal" as you suggest.

And again, I think your "personal" issues with Oblik might not catch you a whole lot of sympathy form others as far as you trying to convince them that Oblik should not be a moderator because of his personal dealings with you on another board. As much as I dislike you though Scott, I concur with you that Oblik's personal dealings with you or anyone on another board SHOULD be considered when it comes to deciding whether he should be a moderator here or not. At least we agree on that.

For what it's worth CC, I have to admit that I was wrong and you were right about Oblik. You said from day one that he was a piece of shit and I stuck up for him and others at LTC. I stand corrected on that and I was an absolute moron to think he was stand-up. I now see the error of my ways when it comes to him. Mea culpa.

Blog Entries

OH c'mon......

I edited my post......

You musta missed that!!!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

SFG75 Guest

OH c'mon......

I edited my post......

You musta missed that!!!

LOL-I saw it, but point well taken.

You did see mine right?

i think deleting posts is a bad idea, in general. i know oblik hasn't caused any of us trouble, but he seems to have done so to scott. if he won't talke care of this in pm's, then there's no reason scott shouldn't be able to point it out here. and there's no reason oblik shouldn't be able to publicly defend himself as he has done in the past. if he's not hiding, then, why must this be ignored? i understand if cocky wants to keep him in the pass. that's his deal. and he has placed him at the end which prevents him from ruining the pass for anyone but himself. which is a very trusting move. and i don't ridicule you for that because it general, i also give people benefit of the doubt, which he is doing. but its not right that we're not alloud to voice our opinions of one's mod status, whether it gets changed or not. there's no reason the poll should've been deleted, whether it would've affected hex's decision to keep him as a mod or not.

my $.02
    Last edited by Drake; 06-14-2005 at 11:42 AM.

8. Default

Cocky...care to tell where my post was out of bounds. I was not calling you out. I was expressing my concerns about a moderator that is never here. IMHO you were out of line in deleting my post. My issue is with Oblik. It is up to him to respond to my question about him...not you!!! Can't Oblik take care of himself?

I PMed you to give first hand knowledge of Obliks past actions. For some reason I got no response. I still wish you good luck in the pass. You're gonna need it.

Blog Entries

Well Oblik caused trouble for friends on mine on the Island and was pulling his over moderating nonsense with me when I first got here and I made an issue of it. I actually had kind of warmed up to Oblik figuring he now realizes the error of his ways regarding his heavy handed moderating and he apologized for his whole "fake" Cohiba escapade so I figured he was on his way to becoming a respectable BOTL.

BUT, this is why boards like this serve a good purpose. Based on posts by others, even posts by people who I generally do not "side" with (any guess who you think I mean ) my opinion of Oblik is wavering. Hey maybe he doesn't give a crap what I or others think of him but at least we're putting it out in the open for him to deal with as he sees fit.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

SFG75 Guest

Well Oblik caused trouble for friends on mine on the Island and was pulling his over moderating nonsense with me when I first got here and I made an issue of it. I actually had kind of warmed up to Oblik figuring he now realizes the error of his ways regarding his heavy handed moderating and he apologized for his whole "fake" Cohiba escapade so I figured he was on his way to becoming a respectable BOTL.

BUT, this is why boards like this serve a good purpose. Based on posts by others, even posts by people who I generally do not "side" with (any guess who you think I mean ) my opinion of Oblik is wavering. Hey maybe he doesn't give a crap what I or others think of him but at least we're putting it out in the open for him to deal with as he sees fit.

That was your 666th post.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge
    Cocky...care to tell where my post was out of bounds. I was not calling you out. I was expressing my concerns about a moderator that is never here. IMHO you were out of line in deleting my post. My issue is with Oblik. It is up to him to respond to my question about him...not you!!! Can't Oblik take care of himself?

I PMed you to give first hand knowledge of Obliks past actions. For some reason I got no response. I still wish you good luck in the pass. You're gonna need it.
    LMAO, so Cocky IGNORED a PM? Go figure.........

That is just plain rude and inconsiderate.

This speaks very poorly of the upcoming pass. If this is how Cocky conducts himself, count me OUT of any passes he has anything to do with organizing.

OMG, I'm playing with fire here taking on the big shot "moderator"

So Cocky, ya gonna delete this thread too? You can try but I'll just keep reposting it.........
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

SFG75 Guest

Oh yeah, CC-I was also a fucking idiot and over-moderated way too much at LTC. Being on the other end of this kind of thing is really different than when you're on the giving end. My god, I really was a prick!. Once again CC, I monstrously screwed up. Sheeesh.

I'll be back-gotta PM SLR over at LTC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SFG75
    That was your 666th post.
    LMAO!!!!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

14. Default

Maybe if people don't want to get called out, they shouldn't conduct themselves in a manner to get called out.

My posts over here have all been civil Cocky. You in an arrogant manner deleted posts in a political thread that was created so we could express ourselves in topics of a sensitive nature.
    I was not flaming Oblik. I was speaking my mind as well as the truth. Anyone with a brain can figure what he is all about.

Maybe Cocky could take a hint from Oblik and just pop in from month to month. Over moderating a board is the death of a board.

By the way...When you refered to CC, Scott and me as being a boy really pissed me off. I...Unlike you have never called anyone a name on this board. Boy is not a term of endearment where I live.

Don't threaten to ban me. If you are so inclined just do it.
    Last edited by cigarsarge; 06-14-2005 at 12:08 PM.

You guys kill me. I have been a moderator on this site since long before you ever showed up and that was the FIRST, I repeat FIRST, thread I have ever moderated, other than deleting the junk post out of the Cigar Pass thread.

I have sat back and watched you guys blast each other like a bunch of sixth graders and generally ruin Hex's site in my opinion. I haven't taken the time to read all the posts in this thread because I don't really care. But when you openly call up a thread to blast any poster, I think it has gone too far. Add to that the fact the poster being called out is a moderator and I think it warrants moderation. Like it or not, that's the way I think.

About everything is fair game here as long as hex allows it; that is why I have never stepped in, even though I get constant PM's to do so. However, a thread dedicated to whether someone should step down overreaches your authority as a user on hex's site.

As to comments about "how I conduct myself", feel free to hit the search button and look at every post I have ever done on this forum. You will not find one that is in the same Busch league as you guys. And as for participating in one of my passes, last I checked you weren't.

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge
    Maybe if people don't want to get called out, they shouldn't conduct themselves in a manner to get called out.
    Now that is a truly fucking novel idea.

Blog Entries

http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showpost...78&postcount=6

That post sums up how I feel about the situation. I will deal with it as I see fit and its not up for discussion. I would have closed the thread myself if I had been here first.

As far as posts being removed from the 2.0 pass thread, honestly they were not removed in the proper manner and I can’t tell what was going on. (I have instructed the mods on how to delete posts in the future). But in an organizational thread, off topic posts don’t belong. As far as I’m concerned they are game for deletion.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

SFG75 Guest

Today's Bullshit quote of the day:

At this point I am going to prepare an apology that will go web wide. As far as I know only 2 have been traded here, one in my pass and one in the recent one. SFG has contacted me and we will work something out. If it is still there, please leave it alone and just let it ride to SFG.
    http://www.letstalkcigars.com/viewtopic.php?t=642

Someone please ask me what my sigtag means.
    Last edited by SFG75; 06-14-2005 at 12:37 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cockyhoskins
    You guys kill me. I have been a moderator on this site since long before you ever showed up and that was the FIRST, I repeat FIRST, thread I have ever moderated, other than deleting the junk post out of the Cigar Pass thread.

I have sat back and watched you guys blast each other like a bunch of sixth graders and generally ruin Hex's site in my opinion. I haven't taken the time to read all the posts in this thread because I don't really care. But when you openly call up a thread to blast any poster, I think it has gone too far. Add to that the fact the poster being called out is a moderator and I think it warrants moderation. Like it or not, that's the way I think.

About everything is fair game here as long as hex allows it; that is why I have never stepped in, even though I get constant PM's to do so. However, a thread dedicated to whether someone should step down overreaches your authority as a user on hex's site.

As to comments about "how I conduct myself", feel free to hit the search button and look at every post I have ever done on this forum. You will not find one that is in the same Busch league as you guys. And as for participating in one of my passes, last I checked you weren't.
    Oh great big goddam deal, you've been here "so long" so that entitles you to be what exactly?

Oh so we've "ruined" Hex's site IN YOUR OPINION? There are MANY others who disagree wtih you completely. As a matter of fact, you've hardly been around enough as of late to know just exactly what the hell is going on here anyway.

And once again Cocky, you are DEAD WRONG with your stupid mentality that moderators deserve some kind of "special treatment" you just don't "get it" do you?

And this is one of the biggest crocks of shit I've ever seen from anyone especially a "moderator" who should know better:
    However, a thread dedicated to whether someone should step down overreaches your authority as a user on hex's site.
    "overreaches your authority" Screw you Cocky, Scott was offering HIS OPINION and started a poll to see how others felt about HIS OPINION. Your statement is laughable and downright stupid. You really have no business being a moderator especially if you continue to make irresponsible statements like that.

Oh this is a great one:
    As to comments about "how I conduct myself", feel free to hit the search button and look at every post I have ever done on this forum. You will not find one that is in the same Busch league as you guys.
    While a "Cocky" bastard like yourself would not consider that a flame or a back handed slap at other members, I got news for ya, "Cocky" IT IS

Moderators that flame and insult other members of the board especially other members who are more active here than he is SHOULD NOT BE MODERATORS

I think you should voluntarily step down as a moderator because you have proven yourself unworthy of the job.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 06-14-2005 at 12:43 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

SFG75 Guest

Wasn't this politics forum created for us to disagree?? Am I wrong in this interpretation? I don't remember any stipulation that some members are more equal than others. If Mr. Orwell...er...uh...anyone can point out where that specifically says that, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thread Information