Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: These are my 2 personal Humidors.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    "Like a man" that's precious. Why not address it out in the open? He raised an issue out in the open which means you should address it out in the open.

I will quote that same wise man once again:
    Just asked him to get what ever his problem is off his chest. No big deal. I'd like to get past these issues. I haven't been offering my work for sale and didn't bring up my site except where you've asked me to so I'm trying to understand why you are getting all Caputo on me.
    Don't hate, appreciate

Quote Originally Posted by Humidor Minister View Post
    Forgive me for addressing your issues like a man Kevin.
    That is fucking awesome. Nearly as good as your dumbass tagline.

Judging by what you've posted here so far, one can guess that:

1) Any of the humis pictured are for sale - even your "personal" ones. None of them are being used.
    2) Looking good is very important to you
    3) Your wooden ashtray is impractical because the grooves for the cigars probably won't accommodate a cigar (I'm just going by the 4x4 tiles in the background - could be wrong) and because it's made from wood (well, it probably won't like burn up, but I'd rather have crystal or stainless. Please don't post pics if you've made any out of these materials).
    4) You buy your cigars straight out of Cigar Aficionado. Or rather, other people tell you what you like.
    5) You blow your own horn. A lot.
    6) You have a sense of entitlement that will get your butt pounded and thrown out of here faster than you can say megalomania.
    7) and a few other things that just smell funny and cause others to not want to trust your motives.

Just try being honest and post your link in the retail section and then stfu and read more and post less. Nobody who's been here long is gonna gush over your mechandise. And nobody hates you either. You'd have to matter first, and you don't. Like Johnny Cash said to Rodney Crowell once when Crowell was newly wed to Cash's daughter and showed up drunk at some family function: "Son, I haven't even known you long to miss you if you were gone."

Oh yeah, I am positive that you don't have enough fuzz on your nuts to back up your strange little "gangsta woodworka" shit talk, so brace yourself junior.
    Last edited by basil; 05-05-2009 at 05:36 PM. Reason: word correction
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

The small desk top has rotated cigar for years and is always full. The big one is undergoing some changes but was full until that time. Neither is or ever will be for sale. I don't order anything on line. My close friends and I enjoy cigars in my shop or among ourselves. I don't smoke in public places such as a B&M to prove myself and I've forgot more about woodworking than you'll ever know. I'll hand your ass to you when it comes to woodworking son.

As far as the signature goes, it was directed to people like you. It usually says "The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the cheap price is forgotten"
    Last edited by Humidor Minister; 05-04-2009 at 01:08 AM.
    Don't hate, appreciate

Blog Entries

The small desk top has rotated cigar for years and is always full. The big one is undergoing some changes but was full until that time. Neither is or ever will be for sale. I don't order anything on line. My close friends and I enjoy cigars in my shop or among ourselves. I don't smoke in public places such as a B&M to prove myself and I've forgot more about woodworking than you'll ever know. I'll hand your ass to you when it comes to woodworking son.

As far as the signature goes, it was directed to people like you. It usually says "The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the cheap price is forgotten"
    You don't order cigars on-line? You don't smoke in public? Don't meet up with your botl's for a herf at the local b/m?

Really?

You know, bill - I saw you the minute you started posting at cigarlive. And I chuckled. I've been chuckling ever since. But I don't think you have it in you to understand why anyone would chuckle.

Honestly, humimini - I think you will be in a much better place at CL/poof or whatever it's called these days. You won't get any back talk (admin will ban those people in a heart beat), and an awful lot of people "oohing" and "ahhing" over your work.

As with any respectable cigar forum - this place is not all about you - it's about all of its members collectively. Contribution on this forum is for the community, and not just for yourself. Some just cannot understand that despite it being as clear as the nose on their face. Are you connecting the dots yet?

LMAO!!! Now that's funny Somehow I just knew you'd be a sensitive lil fella. Gonna hand me my ass in wood working are ya???

Referee: Ok now, I want a clean fight you two - no funny stuff - no saw dust up your sleeve, no unplugging the other's power tools, and fer chrissake, measure twice and cut once!!!

Me: But ref, I'm not a wood worker! I only own this old hand drill a table saw I couldn't even bring!

Ref: Just relax, your opponent can't form a complete thought without himself as the main subject, and he'll be humpin' his port-a-lathe 2 minutes into the match and DQ himself for delay of game.

Seriously dude, nobody's challenging your woodworking skills. However, your arrogance and complete disregard for others is a different matter.

Aw, I see you've re-dedicated your tagline to me, or rather, people like me. As I mentioned, you'd have to matter for that to really mean anything. And, you don't.

Now go on wit yo bad sef woodworka playa!!
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

I tried to share my craft here. You started by insulting me. I would have helped anyone that wanted to build their own. I would have got any of you set up with the finest suppliers in the woodworking world. I would have taught anyone that open their mind to it. I would have even made pieces for you to use if you weren't equipped to do it yourself. You think you are so sophisticated, well you're not. You're a very bitter bunch. I'll be removing my pictures and my website. What I had to offer far outweighs what you brought to the table. You haven't hurt my feelings a bit. I just feel sorry for you. I'll go back to smoking a fantastic cigar while doing my craft. Have a nice life.
    Don't hate, appreciate

Blog Entries

Welcome from Bitterville, PA?

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

I tried to share my craft here. You started by insulting me. I would have helped anyone that wanted to build their own. I would have got any of you set up with the finest suppliers in the woodworking world. I would have taught anyone that open their mind to it. I would have even made pieces for you to use if you weren't equipped to do it yourself. You think you are so sophisticated, well you're not. You're a very bitter bunch. I'll be removing my pictures and my website. What I had to offer far outweighs what you brought to the table. You haven't hurt my feelings a bit. I just feel sorry for you. I'll go back to smoking a fantastic cigar while doing my craft. Have a nice life.
    I'm shocked!!! You would leave because others are "bitter"?

Have you been the least bit self-reflective in any of this process? I have a funny feeling you don't have it in ya...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Welcome from Bitterville, PA?

Will

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    I'm shocked!!! You would leave because others are "bitter"?

Have you been the least bit self-reflective in any of this process? I have a funny feeling you don't have it in ya...
    You're chuckling again, aren't you?
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post

You're chuckling again, aren't you?
    Well - it's more like a sick feeling at this point. Kinda like driving by a bad wreck - you just MUST look, but you know what you're gonna see and it ain't pretty...

It was "cute" earlier, but it's become a lot less "cute" over time. I knew what was coming a while back - was interested in the response when it was brought to light - wondered how humimini would handle himself (had a funny feeling it was gonna be something like this) and cannot believe the self-destruction has been this bad...

huminimi - if there ever comes a point in time where you understand what all of these "bitter" people are telling you - come on back. We'd love to share in your passion for your work.
    Last edited by ggiese; 05-04-2009 at 11:35 AM.

Well - it's more like a sick feeling at this point. Kinda like driving by a bad wreck - you just MUST look, but you know what you're gonna see and it ain't pretty...

It was "cute" earlier, but it's become a lot less "cute" over time. I knew what was coming a while back - was interested in the response when it was brought to light - wondered how humimini would handle himself (had a funny feeling it was gonna be something like this) and cannot believe the self-destruction has been this bad...

huminimi - if there ever comes a point in time where you understand what all of these "bitter" people are telling you - come on back. We'd love to share in your passion for your work.
    Agreed 100%.

Humidor Minister, It seemed to me that you were not here to be part of the community, but rather to show off your woodworking, toot your own horn and, possibly, drum up some business. There's no doubt that you have some terrific skills in woodworking, but this is a cigar board and not an extension of your "hobby." There are some folks here who have forgotten more about cigars than you'll ever know (no, I'm not one of them, a couple of the guys you took on are.)

No one is bitter here, just cautious and protective. We want to know your intentions. When you come here and your "passion" for cigars has to be pulled from you while your other "passions" flow like water, we all start to wonder what's up and, as I asked, why you're here. Sometimes it's a misunderstanding, but more often it's someone who is out for themselves rather than caring about how they fit into and add to the community.

I've read where a lot of people describe this board as "bitter" or "dysfunctional." It takes a while to figure out, but when someone does their best to fit in here there's nothing bitter or dysfunctional about this board. The folks here don't kiss ass, and they expect that you will be who you say you are.

As George said, come back if you ever figure it out. As a resource you would be welcomed. As a superstar you'll probably be booted.

Blog Entries

I was wrong; you're not chuckling.

Fast and furious from the perspective of this forum. IMHO, that was probably best for all concerned, given the timing of his joining here.
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Wow. Woodworking Spinal Tap.
    Last edited by basil; 05-05-2009 at 05:39 PM. Reason: sp.
    - Tom Robbins

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07
    Agreed 100%.

Humidor Minister, It seemed to me that you were not here to be part of the community, but rather to show off your woodworking, toot your own horn and, possibly, drum up some business. There's no doubt that you have some terrific skills in woodworking, but this is a cigar board and not an extension of your "hobby." There are some folks here who have forgotten more about cigars than you'll ever know (no, I'm not one of them, a couple of the guys you took on are.)

No one is bitter here, just cautious and protective. We want to know your intentions. When you come here and your "passion" for cigars has to be pulled from you while your other "passions" flow like water, we all start to wonder what's up and, as I asked, why you're here. Sometimes it's a misunderstanding, but more often it's someone who is out for themselves rather than caring about how they fit into and add to the community.

I've read where a lot of people describe this board as "bitter" or "dysfunctional." It takes a while to figure out, but when someone does their best to fit in here there's nothing bitter or dysfunctional about this board. The folks here don't kiss ass, and they expect that you will be who you say you are.
    As George said, come back if you ever figure it out. As a resource you would be welcomed. As a superstar you'll probably be booted.
    Great post Mark. The last three sentences are gold.

Humidor Minister,
    I remember you from CL, when you were William Wyko, and I see you at other boards with this username now, so, its not like any judgements I've made just materialized today. But, you never know. I've been wrong before and will be again.

As Mark said, this place takes a while to figure out, but once you do that, this is a great place to be.

it's funny that it probably wouldn't have turned out this way if he had just come here and said right out "Hi I am here because I make good quality humidors and would like to sell you guys some. Here is my website. Also I do like to share information about my craft and would be more than willing to offer any guidance to those of you who might like to look in to making one for yourself." He may have actually sold something and he would have certainly gotten a lot more respect.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Blog Entries

Or, if by some miracle he wasn't here to sell his stuff, he could have avoided probably all of this by posting his humidors in the Post Your Humidor thread. But no, he wouldn't want to associate his masterpieces with everyone else's junk.

Blog Entries

But each to their own
    TSK, TSK, truly an asshat move to edit your post.

This is humimini in a nutshell...

What is offered by the members here is far more beneficial than someone trying to sell something. Friendship, guidance and help is offered by members here for free everyday. If we want what you offer we pay for it. Sorry but there are other places to get that as well. Not to say that a nice humidor isn't a good thing, but I will take what the other gentlemen here have to offer over your humidor sales any day.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Thread Information