Thread: More Surgery On The Way

1. Default More Surgery On The Way

Looks like I am having double knee replacement surgery the last week of October or first week of November. It''s freaking hard to walk to the mailbox. Stairs are impossible. I dread it but it will be really nice to be able to get around. I wish I could fix my back but the doc says surgery will not fix it. I'll take what I can get.

Take what you can get. I'll be sending positive vibes in your direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck! Everyone I know that's had the same said it was night & day after.

I know all about knee issues and I've heard good things about the replacement surgery. I am hoping to avoid it but I've had arthroscopic <sp> surgery on my left knee twice and the right once already so I'm sure the day will come when I have to as well.

I'll keep you in my prayers that everything goes well and your recovery is quick!
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

I've had 16 surgeries in the last 4 years to fix the leg I broke and just had another significant surgery at the end of July to replace the broken rod in my leg (I'll be getting around in a walking boot for the next 6 months...). And I really could do without another surgery! LOL

In my time in rehab I worked side by side with a lot of folks that had knee replacements. To a person - they all raved about the positive after effects of the surgery. It completely changed their lives - probably the one surgery that will have the biggest positive impact on you. If you can tolerate the first 48 hours after surgery, the rest is completely downhill.

The only caveat I would say (given my personal situation - someone was kind enough to pass on a case of MRSA - which led to them cutting out large chunks of bone...) - make DAMN sure people around you glove up and clean/wash their hands before they touch you. You do not want those MRSA bugs to get around, near or in the wounds. Be a fanatic about it - no one else will...

Good luck!

6. Default

MRSA scares the crap outa me...Seen it many times. It's the main reason I used literally thousands of rubber gloves at work. Looking forward to walking correctly again.

Blog Entries

Prayers your way sarge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I didn't play at collecting. No cigar anywhere was safe from me."
    ~Edward G. Robinson
    =====
    "Ain't nothin' better than a damn good cigar."
    ~EdgeMan
    =====

MRSA is scary. My poor neighbor, whom I really liked, caught a case of MRSA pneumonia that killed him. He had already lived a long life, but it was still a terrible way to go. His wife took it very hard. It was so fast. He went in with a bad cough and was gone within days.

When my child got streptococcal pneumonia (caught early thank god), I paced incessantly until the culture came back as a normal strain. Then I just paced less until he was well.

Regardless, my mother and MIL had knee replacement and cant say enough good about it. You're on the path to a better life Sarge!
    Last edited by Kenyth; 10-03-2016 at 07:49 AM.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Blog Entries

Good luck with the surgery!
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    Good luck with the surgery!
    Ditto. Hope it all goes well, Ken
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

11. Default

Thanks guys...Right now just going to the mailbox is an adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    Thanks guys...Right now just going to the mailbox is an adventure.
    Boy do I know that feeling!

I hope all is well.

13. Default

Doing pretty good. Over did it yesterday but bether today.

Good luck on the surgery. Everyone is correct here -- the worst part is the anticipation. The best part is after the surgery! You will be amazed -- and delighted.

The only question you'll have afterwards is, "Why didn't I do this a lot sooner?!"

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

15. Default

So much for the knee surgery. Looks like I have to get my back done first. The doc decided my back issue was operable and it needed to be done before the knees. The back was making the knee situation worse per the doc. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    So much for the knee surgery. Looks like I have to get my back done first. The doc decided my back issue was operable and it needed to be done before the knees. The back was making the knee situation worse per the doc. Good times.
    Fuck it, just get an exoskeleton. "Mechasarge".

Thread Information