Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CigarBid - Auction Etiquette

Default CigarBid - Auction Etiquette

I'm fairly new to cigarbid, I've only bid and won two lots from there in the past. I found some cigars today I wanted to bid on, but before I clicked on "BID ON THIS LOT" I saw that the current winner was someone from "APO, AE" and there was a bid comment that read "We smoke 'em in Iraq" Is it wrong to bid against this person? I feel that it is so I did not enter the bid. Would you bid on cigars against someone who appears to be in the military, and is currently serving over seas?

Thats a tough call, but in the end i think i would bid against them.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Blog Entries

I would bid. I don't believe everything I read on the internet. There are ways to contribute cigars and other things to the troops.

I say bid - It's an auction. If no one bids against him. It's not an auction any more.
    The bid is half the fun. Other wise just buy it on CI.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

I would only have one question, how much would the shipping to Iraq be?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stringfelloe View Post
    I would only have one question, how much would the shipping to Iraq be?
    Hello. Who are you?
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

With all due respect for your sentiments, this is a pretty silly question. There is no such rule of "etiquette." There's only somebody who owns the cigars trying to run a business on the other end. We all support the troops but I think most of us also believe in free enterprise.

Bottom line is, bid. If you happen to win and the guilt becomes overwhelming, then send them to the troops.

Don't string us along intro thread would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by big bill View Post
    Don't string us along intro thread would be nice.
    I've been posting off and on since 2006, and I just now get harassed about an intro thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    With all due respect for your sentiments, this is a pretty silly question. There is no such rule of "etiquette." There's only somebody who owns the cigars trying to run a business on the other end. We all support the troops but I think most of us also believe in free enterprise.

Bottom line is, bid. If you happen to win and the guilt becomes overwhelming, then send them to the troops.
    I suppose I should clarify what I was doing. I was cruising cigarbid, hoping to snipe a few good deals just before they closed. This was a 5 pack that the winning bid was a dollar. I'm all about free enterprise, blah blah blah.... but if there's a Marine (or a solider) out there who is wanting to buy his own cigars and it looks like he's going to get a good deal, I just didn't want to be the one jacking up the price. Yes the guy could somehow be scamming and truly is sitting in San Diego relaxing, but since these weren't sticks I went out of my way to find I wasn't to concerned about it. I'm not saying that no one should bid against someone in the military, I have decided that I won't in most situations. Was curious what others would do.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dauker View Post
    I've been posting off and on since 2006, and I just now get harassed about an intro thread?
    he was talking to Stringfelloe... actually, he was typing, not talking - unless he talks while he types.

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

11. Default

I don't care who else is bidding . If I fucking want something I'll step over your rotting corpse to get it . It is for sale and the highest bidder owns it . Oh and don't get all butthurt and shit,it's the way the world works in grownup land
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    I don't care who else is bidding . If I fucking want something I'll step over your rotting corpse to get it . It is for sale and the highest bidder owns it . Oh and don't get all butthurt and shit,it's the way the world works in grownup land

I agree 100%, and I don't understand why it would be a problem. I pass out alot of good sticks to the Soldiers here on my FOB, but that's just me. If it's really a problem go get a tampon for your tears because there won't be any sympathy coming from me.

I suppose I should clarify what I was doing...

blah blah blah
    No need to clarify. I got it the first time. Really.

14. Default

Bid...Bid...Bid

You ARE one of our more prolific posters too!! Averaging a whopping 5 posts per year puts you on pace to out-post even our most dedicated members!

Thanks for contributing! We need more members like you!

I know! I think a deserve an award of some sort.

That's why I thought bill was talking to me for an intro. I've somehow flown under the radar well enough to never do a proper intro thread.
    Last edited by dauker; 03-08-2010 at 09:41 AM.

Blog Entries

That's why I thought bill was talking to me for an intro. I've somehow flown under the radar well enough to never do a proper intro thread.
    No worries bro, I have a suspicion that all the recognition you could want might be heading your way.

dauker - I know you know we know you - but - an intro thread for the newer members sure would be awfully nice...

...unless, of course, you want for THIS to be your intro thread. In that case - I'm fairly certain you will get that "award" you so richly deserve!!!

I wasn't refering to you Dauker i thought the word string would of give you a hint . as for harassing someone that was a friendly suggestion. truly maybe you should post less and read more.

Does C-bid even ship to Iraq? I thought they didn't.

Thread Information