Thread: Don Collins Cigars

1. Default Don Collins Cigars

New guy here first post. Have really got into cigars in the past couple of years with the help of my brother. I like the info provided on the site here still have a lot to learn but it is a great hobby. I just ordered a 90 count Diamond Crown humidor should be here Friday can't wait! I was in Puerto Rico 2 weeks ago and spent some time at the Don Collins cigar shop talking with Don himself. Bought some of his cigars they seem to be a really nice smoke. Not sure where they rank as far a quality of cigar. Has anyone ever tried them? Still looking to find a steady go to cigar for everyday smokes. Looking for suggestions.

Thanks,

Buckeye Fan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Fan View Post
    New guy here first post. Have really got into cigars in the past couple of years with the help of my brother. I like the info provided on the site here still have a lot to learn but it is a great hobby. I just ordered a 90 count Diamond Crown humidor should be here Friday can't wait! I was in Puerto Rico 2 weeks ago and spent some time at the Don Collins cigar shop talking with Don himself. Bought some of his cigars they seem to be a really nice smoke. Not sure where they rank as far a quality of cigar. Has anyone ever tried them? Still looking to find a steady go to cigar for everyday smokes. Looking for suggestions.

Thanks,

Buckeye Fan
    Welcome from Bitterville. I don't recall ever having a Don Collins, but I did a search in the review forum and it looks like other marginally enjoyed it. I suggest Padron (like we didn't see that coming)

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Never tried a Don Collins, but welcome to the board.

Welcome Buckeye! I haven't tried any of the Don Collins, but have had quite a few Hoja Boricua cigars from Puerto Rico. I've noticed that the Hoja's have improved dramatically after a couple months in the coolerdor.

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum from eastern Oregon. Have not had a Don Collins either. Give AF a try. Cains are also good. Any thing from the Oliva line is respectable too.
    Just another day at the office!

Welcome from MA.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

7. Default Buckeye Fan

Good to meet you guys. Thanks for the tips on other cigars to try. I have a few of the Don Collins smokes left and will post my thoughts about them. I also picked up a half dozen hand rolled smokes rolled 3 weeks ago in Puerto Rico. Watch the guy roll them very talented guy. They need to cure for awhile I couldn't help myself so I tried one today. They were just not ready not very flavorful so I cut of the end after a couple of minutes. I think I will put them back into the humidor for a month or two. Nice easy draw on them. I can't wait to get my new humidor from UPS on Friday.

Later,

Buckeye Fan

Blog Entries

Don Collins Cigars, that's a name from the past!!

Lopaka

Default Don Collins

I smoked Don Collins for about a year.. By far my favorite cigars. Well worth the money if you can afford them. I wouldn't smoke anything else if I had the cash. I did receive some mushy ones and their response was not what I expected from the company. Wanted me to mail mail the unused ones at my expense. I buy only from Cigar International now. Very good selection and great prices. I'm in Afghanistan and have been ordering for nearly a year. I get them with in 8 days which is excellent considering where I'm at. Check out the Capt. McMellows. I have odered it twice. By far my favorite variety pack.

Steve

Thread Information