Thread: What to do if USPS says package is delivered, but did not get package?

Default What to do if USPS says package is delivered, but did not get package?

So, I did a little trade with a great BOTL last week and he sent out his end last Friday and DC# says it got delivered Monday. I checked the front porch and the mailbox (live in a townhouse community) no package. I figured it's probably in the PO waiting to be delivered on Tuesday. Checked again last evening, no package.

Walked to a couple of my neighbor's houses and inquired, and they said they have not received any packages for me. One neighbor said he got a package, but it was for another neighbor next to him. The people that live around me are good about giving packages back to the right owner, it's just that I don't know EVERYONE in the neighborhood, so if it goes to someone else, they won't hesitate chucking the box or keeping it for themselves.

Any way to track where the package went? All DC# tells me it got delivered to Burke, VA in the middle of the afternoon.

It wouldn't annoy me as much if it was sticks I can easily acquire or replace, but we are talking about Tat Blacks and Opuses......so it'd kinda a kick in the nutts to not get it.

I'm essentially just venting. Anyone else experience this?

Andrew

Blog Entries

I would speak directly with the mail carrier, he/she would be the only person that could tell you if the package was delivered to YOUR house. Maybe someone walked off with it.

I have a similiar problem, my mailbox is ganged with four other boxes close to a fairly busy street, and about 100 yards from my house, and if a package won't fit, she'll sometimes leave it right next to the box, in plain sight (she did this with the CAO set I got from you, Andrew, boy, was I PISSED about THAT!). I keep a cooler out on my porch when I'm expecting larger boxes, but she's too lazy to drive back there, I guess.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

The only advice I can offer is to pay for signature confirmation when dealing with high-value packages. It costs another buck or two, but ensures that the package won't get dropped off without you there to sign for it.

Sometimes PO's with lazy carriers scan packages as delivered when they get them into the PO. You might still get it.

Sorry to hear.
    I agree with above.....signature delivery. Or, insurance.

This happened to me when I was receiving free cigars but they delivered it to a different city all together. I tried to recover it but the PO said that there was no insurance so they couldn't refund it.
    I also agree with the signature conformation.

Blog Entries

You betcha' on the signature and insurance on high-value / HTF sticks. You simply can't discount out and out theft of your package either. I learned this one the hard way.

Not 100% on this, but I don't think you can insure with USPS because you're not supposed to send tobacco products through them in the first place.

edit - well, I think this is BS - found out other info re: pipe tobacco

um, well, I think this must actually be the case. in, a, uhh, parallel universe. somewhere. thanks.
    Last edited by basil; 04-30-2008 at 01:27 PM. Reason: temporary leave of my senses
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

I think each employee's scanner has a particular number so they should know which carrier scanned it. So make sure it was your mail man, then ask where it was left and go from there.

just go to the Post office and start kicking the carriers in the nuts until someone confesses or hands you some 20's to stop. You could always try and get Terry Tate to do that oo, if you are busy with things.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

I would go to the Post Office and ask there, if you have to you can always go "Postal".
    If I can't smoke because smoking will kill me then life isn't worth living.

-Ian Fleming

12. Default

I thought the same had happened to me with WOXOF's Newbie package. Call USPS directly (number is on their website) and file a not received claim. I did this and they must have contacted the post office because two hours later I received a call from my local post office. The lady I talked to contacted the mail carrier who told her exactly where the package was. Turns out it was tucked away in the front office of my apt complex. Good luck!

Thanks for all the good advices guys. I did call the post office and the lady I talked to was very nice and helpful. I gave her the DC# and my address and she's currently looking into it.

She did ask what was in the package, and I said it was CDs. So, hopefully that won't bite me in the butt.

She also explained my original mail carrier is out because of a broken ankle or leg. Never knew the job was that dangerous. SO, I happen to have a new guy doing my route. SUCKS! Since I'm in a townhouse community, we have shared boxes, and if there is a package, the post-man would put the package in the lower boxes and put the key in the person's mailbox. He might have put the key in the wrong mailbox not knowing it.

It just sucks that whoever got the package, isn't bothering to walk down the street and give it to me.

Andrew

I had a computer monitor delivered to my old address in another state once. I had to have a freind in the area go knock on the door to arrange to get it back. As the receiver put it, it wasn't their fault the package got shipped to them, and not really their responsibility. If it wasn't for my tenacity, and my friend, they would have kept it I'm sure.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Default Update!

Just wanted to give you guys an update. I woke up this morning and as I stepped out the front door, I noticed a small box. The box was post-marked April 25th. It was my missing box. The key must have been misplaced in another mailbox and the neighbor was nice enough to leave the package on my front porch this morning.

It's been a week and I have no idea why they waited this long, but I don't care. I'm happy to get my HTF sticks. Will be doing the happy dance later when I get home.

Andrew

Blog Entries

That's awesome news! May the smokes be so much better because of this.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Thread Information