Thread: uneven burn

Default uneven burn

Hi Every one:
    I am new to this forum as well as a novice with cigars so you will have to excuse my question if it reveals my lack of knowledge. On this last week end I had the opportunity to indulge in what I thought would be two different fairly high end cigars. they were a Bolivar Royal Corona and a montectristo petite edmondo. The Bolivar was truly outstanding but the Montecristo had significant burn issues it burnt down one side a lot quicker than the other side once the cigar was about 1/4 of the way smoked. and then did it a gain just after 2/3 of it was gone (this was not just a little unevenness it was significant and was hard to correct) . I had both cigars stored in the same humidor for the same amount of time (4 weeks) but I was wondering if maybe I had some humidity issues. The humidity stays right around 65%.
    Thanks
    Dave

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunate that you had some burn issues on your MC. In my very limited experience, I have found most burn issues are due to rh issues in storage. There are poorly made cigars that burn unevenly, but I don't think you could say this was the case here.......do you by chance know the box code? There are lots of others with more knowledge than I that can assist you more.

Blog Entries

Did a little searching in the forum's previous posts.

Look at some of these links here.

Welcome to the forums from central Oregon! This is a great group of BOTL's. Search the past forum topics, there is tons of information.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Thread Information