Thread: What to do if USPS says package is delivered, but did not get package?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default What to do if USPS says package is delivered, but did not get package?

So, I did a little trade with a great BOTL last week and he sent out his end last Friday and DC# says it got delivered Monday. I checked the front porch and the mailbox (live in a townhouse community) no package. I figured it's probably in the PO waiting to be delivered on Tuesday. Checked again last evening, no package.

Walked to a couple of my neighbor's houses and inquired, and they said they have not received any packages for me. One neighbor said he got a package, but it was for another neighbor next to him. The people that live around me are good about giving packages back to the right owner, it's just that I don't know EVERYONE in the neighborhood, so if it goes to someone else, they won't hesitate chucking the box or keeping it for themselves.

Any way to track where the package went? All DC# tells me it got delivered to Burke, VA in the middle of the afternoon.

It wouldn't annoy me as much if it was sticks I can easily acquire or replace, but we are talking about Tat Blacks and Opuses......so it'd kinda a kick in the nutts to not get it.

I'm essentially just venting. Anyone else experience this?

Andrew

Blog Entries

I would speak directly with the mail carrier, he/she would be the only person that could tell you if the package was delivered to YOUR house. Maybe someone walked off with it.

I have a similiar problem, my mailbox is ganged with four other boxes close to a fairly busy street, and about 100 yards from my house, and if a package won't fit, she'll sometimes leave it right next to the box, in plain sight (she did this with the CAO set I got from you, Andrew, boy, was I PISSED about THAT!). I keep a cooler out on my porch when I'm expecting larger boxes, but she's too lazy to drive back there, I guess.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

The only advice I can offer is to pay for signature confirmation when dealing with high-value packages. It costs another buck or two, but ensures that the package won't get dropped off without you there to sign for it.

Sometimes PO's with lazy carriers scan packages as delivered when they get them into the PO. You might still get it.

Sorry to hear.
    I agree with above.....signature delivery. Or, insurance.

This happened to me when I was receiving free cigars but they delivered it to a different city all together. I tried to recover it but the PO said that there was no insurance so they couldn't refund it.
    I also agree with the signature conformation.

Blog Entries

You betcha' on the signature and insurance on high-value / HTF sticks. You simply can't discount out and out theft of your package either. I learned this one the hard way.

Not 100% on this, but I don't think you can insure with USPS because you're not supposed to send tobacco products through them in the first place.

edit - well, I think this is BS - found out other info re: pipe tobacco

um, well, I think this must actually be the case. in, a, uhh, parallel universe. somewhere. thanks.
    Last edited by basil; 04-30-2008 at 01:27 PM. Reason: temporary leave of my senses
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

I think each employee's scanner has a particular number so they should know which carrier scanned it. So make sure it was your mail man, then ask where it was left and go from there.

Thread Information