Thread: Good creamy sweet cigars?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Good creamy sweet cigars?

Hey guys, i'm a newbie and just got into cigars and so far all i've tried have been a few Gurkhas. These were all pretty strong in flavor and a bit too peppery/woody for my taste. I just wanted to get some tips from you pros out there on what are some nice creamy/sweet/nutty tasting cigars and which models I should look into. Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks all

Blog Entries

I'll honestly say, I don't smoke many "mild" cigars, but I think you might like something from the Carlos Torano "Casa Torano" line or Carlos Torano Reserva Selecta.

Dennis~
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Blog Entries

<caveat> I am not a pro </caveat>

Try something like a 5 Vegas Gold, or maybe even a Hoyo de Monterrey 1066 Excalibur Dark Knight. Come to think of it, while I know the first one is mildish/creamyish/nuttyish, there may be a bigger kick to the Hoyo.

Were you thinking something like that? Or were you looking for flavored cigars?

As a newbie, I gained much more perspective after visiting the Newbie Sampler Thread in the Exchange part of the forum. Make sure you let whoever you pick know that you are looking for milder sticks. It's a great way to gain exposure from a knowledgeable "pro".

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

4. Default

I am talking about actual cigars but with a sweet/creamy and nutty flavor, not flavored cigars. thanks for those guys, will look into them

I recommend the Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real, Montecristo White, Rocky Patel Vintage 1999. Gees, there's more out there I should be able to think of, but I'm having somewhat of a brain fart. Nonetheless the three I recommended I'm sure you'll enjoy, they are all excellent mild creamy cigars in my book.

Cusano 18yr Connecticut. Very affordable, and very enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by eneyman View Post
    I am talking about actual cigars ...
    This is my kind of newbie!!!
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

OK, I recently tried Casa Royale - a special at Holt's - and these were pretty good. They are medium in strength and imo are about the only thing close to what I consider the unique profile of the Padron 1000 series. While I'm a fan, the Padrons for me often become bitter anywhere in the 2nd half of the cigar. The Royales stayed smooth and interesting throughout.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Thumbs up JR Ultimate

Try the JR ultimate in the natural wrapper. One of my favorites because I've described the flavor profile as exactly what you're looking for. The toro 5-pack is only 12.50 and I've found that size to be quite nice. Also, when they change their deals again you can get a free box of habanitos with a box purchase, and the cigars are less than $3 each in a box.

I swear I just answered this elsewhere but I will repeat.

Torano 1916

A lot of great recommendations. I'd like to also mention the Oliva Serie V. Pretty creamy and semi-sweet. Bit of a full-bodied smoke but might be worth trying. Decent price too.

Padron 1926 Series is real creamy. #9 is my favorite.

DG
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

I would also second the Rocky Patel Vintage 99 nomination and maybe throw in the Edge Lite too. Also the Hemingway line from Fuente might suit your pallete.

Thread Information