Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Love the Cheap Beer ...................... (sometimes)

Blog Entries

Default I Love the Cheap Beer ...................... (sometimes)

It's summer time. Hot weather, fishing and camping trips, and I love to drink cheap beer this time of year. I admit it. When I'm fishing on a lake, or mindlessly working in the garage on another failed attempt as a woodworker, I enjoy the cheap beer. I enjoy it because (depending on where you live) the alcohol percentage is lower than premium beers (= I can drink more of it), I don't really have the mindset to appreciate complex tastes anyway, and, like with cigars, I enjoy spotting a deal.

So here is the list, in order, of my favorite, mindless beers to drink:

1. If I'm fishing in Ontario, Canada somewhere, it's Labatt's Blue, in a can. Nothing beats it on a hot summer day sitting in the middle of a lake.
    If I'm in the states, I enjoy Milwaukee's Best Light in bottles. A college buddy of mine used to travel 4.5 hours to Columbia, MO, and bring back cases of the stuff.

2. Milwaukee's Best (regular)

3. Modelo Light - for some reason, I don't like this beer while IN Mexico. In other words, I only enjoy this beer imported, rather than domestically.

4. Oranjeboom - in cans

5. Peter's Brand - in bottles

6. Pabst Blue Ribbon

Does anyone else enjoy the cheap beer? Any suggestions for me?

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Hell Yeah!

Sitting around at the hunting club at night = mass quantities of Busch beer or Bud Light!

I can pound some Busch (pun kinda intended)
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Blog Entries

I can't believe I totally forgot about Busch Light. That was the very first beer I got drunk off of. I was 16 years old, in a bar in Houston, Texas. I was playing in an adult lacrosse league, and we had just gotten waxed during two brutal games against like Houston Metro and Texas A&M or something like that.

Good beer. Better in quantities.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

It's all about PBR and Keystone Light. 30 packs are often on sale for $10.89 near my school.

Natural Light "Natty Light" is the best cheap beer. Goes down smooth like water.
    PBR isn't bad either.

A pox upon your house, how can you do this to your taste buds. It's like saying, I want a mindless smoke, give me a schwisser schweeeeeeet

Life is too short to drink bad beer. If you need something light and refreshing, do as the Germans, take a heffeweisen and half and half it with cold lemonade. That's 100000000 times better than piss-beer. Yes yes, I know good beer isn't as cheap, but schwissssssers are cheaper than Gran Habanos and Rocky 2nds.

BTW, I'm not mad, just sad
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Blog Entries

I happen to really enjoy my times late at night around a campfire, bullshitting with my friends, drinking ice cold cans of Busch, or Bud Light. They're not beers that can often be found in my refrigerator at home, but they have a place in my lifestyle nonetheless.

I think the credo should be "Life is too short to not enjoy", regardless of how you choose to enjoy life.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Blog Entries

I pound down the Bud, bottles usually, while fishing and camping or at events like NASCAR or NFL or whatever.

If I'm gonna have a beer, with time to enjoy the flavor and its compliment to a cigar......Bud just doesn't do it........I usually go for a micro-brew or semi-microbrew like SamAdams, or Pete's Wicked Ale, Alley Cat Ale, etc.......a bit more expensive, but still not break the bank expensive and much more flavorful and enjoyable.

I must admit I drink Coors Light like water when I'm working in the yard or camping. It's like a "yard gar" of beers for me.

10. Default

I refuse to drink cheap beer...I'd rather do without. If you like it I won't hold it against you.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    I refuse to drink cheap beer...I'd rather do without. If you like it I won't hold it against you.
    That's my philosophy as well.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

I'm all about Coors Light and after that, its PBR. I often wonder as I'm drinking PBR, what was the competition like for Pabsts to win a blue ribbon. That must of been some down right nasty beer if it lost to Pabst. Seriously, because when they were tearing down old homes in SE DC to clear the area for the Stadium, some one found a Pabst can before they had the blue ribbon.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Blog Entries

Just found a new good cheap brew: Hamm's. Comes in 16 oz. cans here. Perfect fishing beer.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Keystone light = coors light. Same Manufacturer, same can, exact same beer. Pour one of each in a glass and you'll never tell the difference.

I was told back in my bartender days by a distributor that coors didn't have a beer to compete on the Busch level so instead of making another, they just changed the paint on a coors light can.

natty ice ftw? lol i had it for the first time in awhile the other night when i was down the shore. man that was bad news.

I guess I'm the lucky one. Being a homebrewer I can brew up a session beer for $18 - $20 for 5 gallons = 2 cases+. This way I don't patronize the macros and I don't impede my taste buds.
    Wild

On Tap -

1. Red IPA
    2. Extreme Red

Secondary - Mesquite Bourbon Mead

"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind." - Humphrey Bogart

For me it's generally fosters or stella when I am pottering around in the garden, what i get for during the week generally depends on where we shop for that period.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    I have to agree with ya there.
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    Just found a new good cheap brew: Hamm's. Comes in 16 oz. cans here. Perfect fishing beer.
    Hamms is older 'n dirt. Your talking back in the days of Schlitz, Pearl, Falstaff, Jax, etc.

But, it has managed to survive all these years. I will drink a Hamms any day.

Now my favorite is still Billy Beer. I have a case if anyone wants one. It was brewed by Pearl back in the day. It's just a vivid reminder of when Billy Carter jumped off his plane and took a piss on the tarmac. I'm sure Jimmy remembers that one too.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDubya View Post
    Hamms is older 'n dirt. Your talking back in the days of Schlitz, Pearl, Falstaff, Jax, etc.
    Schlitz is amazing and affordable.

Thread Information