Thread: A week away!

Default A week away!

Well, in a week, I'm getting married. With all of the wedding planning Heather and I have gone through, it is going to turn out to be one hell of a party. Open bar for the whole weekend, Great food, and all the people who are important to us. Then off to Bermuda for 9 days of enjoying our freedom. To say I'm excited is a big understatment.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Blog Entries

Congrats bro! I'm sure it's going to be a beautiful wedding! Enjoy the Honeymoon!

Blog Entries

Right on Bro!! It will be a day you will never forget..........I can't say that about my honeymoon, since I only recall about 80% of it. The rest is just kinda hazy, .

Sounds awesome! You kids have fun.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Congrats, Enjoy and a Happy Return!
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

ha so this is the hectic week you've had. awesome man, good luck, should be a ton of fun.

Thanks again for the sampler.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaiguan Juan View Post
    Well, in a week, I'm getting married. With all of the wedding planning Heather and I have gone through, it is going to turn out to be one hell of a party. Open bar for the whole weekend, Great food, and all the people who are important to us. Then off to Bermuda for 9 days of enjoying our freedom. To say I'm excited is a big understatment.

I will be thinking of you..congrats! HUMMMMMMMMM...open bar for the whole weekend? oh boy someone gots some deep pockets.....

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Quote Originally Posted by cinda View Post
    I will be thinking of you..congrats! HUMMMMMMMMM...open bar for the whole weekend? oh boy someone gots some deep pockets.....
    I wish, I'm just good at finding deals. Its amazing the contacts you can make at the B&M. I know a couple of guys who own restaurants and they look after me.

The cigars have been packed for 2 weeks. Found out our room in Bermuda has a balcony!
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Congrats bro and welcome to the club, just remember, even though you're probably right, it doesn't matter.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Congratulations! Have fun, and BigMac's advice is priceless
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Ma, i have not been able to sleep at all this week. I guess the excitement is getting to me. Its weird, because I work in construction, so its not like i have guys coming up to me every day asking if I'm excited and telling its the big week or any crap like that. Heather on the other hand, hasn't gotten shit done the last week for that reason. So its not like I'm getting constantly bombarded about it. I guess though that the pile of boxes, bags and suitcases that are sitting by our front door for me to take down to the wedding this weekend are a quite reminder though. Who knows, maybe on the inside I just want to be paraded around the office in one of those Shriner cars waving to people while being reminded that the big day is coming up. Maybe I'm just as bad as the people i mock. Ehh...never mind, I need to get back to manly construction stuff and remind myself i still have balls and no sympathy.

Couple of my groomsmen came into town last night and we were out till the wee hours of the morning. Some how I managed to load the truck, and am ten minutes for taking off down the road. Ok, I admit, I'm excited.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaiguan Juan View Post
    Couple of my groomsmen came into town last night and we were out till the wee hours of the morning. Some how I managed to load the truck, and am ten minutes for taking off down the road. Ok, I admit, I'm excited.
    You have every right to be excited, hell, I'm excited for you!! Enjoy it brother.....best of luck to you and your bride.

Now, if you come back and start telling us about how well the colors went together and the flowers were just perfect, and your hair was awesome, etc.....I might start wondering about the balls thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    You have every right to be excited, hell, I'm excited for you!! Enjoy it brother.....best of luck to you and your bride.

Now, if you come back and start telling us about how well the colors went together and the flowers were just perfect, and your hair was awesome, etc.....I might start wondering about the balls thing.
    Well I'm back, and the flowers were just so amazing...j/k. The booze was flowing, the cigars were plentiful and I have stories that will stay with me for the rest of my life. So much amazing shit happened that weekend. The Honeymoon kicked ass too. If anyone ever goes to Bermuda, stop by the Chattem House on Front Street, it is the closest thing Bermuda has to a cigar store, but they are good folks. Prices were pretty decent too. Drink a Dark and Stormy, its so much better then the Rum Swizzle. I will post my cigar consumption once i get home. Suffice it to say, i left with more then what i came home with. The beaches were plentiful, beautiful and reminded me of a Corona commercial. Water was the clearest i've ever seen with my own eyes. The people were friendly as hell. It was wired, i was totally expecting everyone to speak like Jamacians, you know, M-awn. But they all spoke with an impecible British accent and grammer, it totally threw me off. The other hilarious thing, is how Bermudans dress. The official Bermudan dress is a Blazer jacket, collard shirt and tie, dress shoes, knee-high socks, and shorts of various colors. When they walk around, it seriously looks like they got dressed in a suit and just forgot to put on pants so they are walking around in their boxers for the whole world to see. That combined with their British seriousness kept me cracking up my entire stay! Anyway, Bermuda is awesome. Check it out.

Welcome Back!
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Blog Entries

Welcome back Bro!! Sounds like an awesome time .

Blog Entries

Welcome back. I remember little of my reception as well. Work was hard to go back to when we returned ("You want me there WHEN?"), but definitely left me with memories I won't soon forget. Now's the fun time of thank-you letters and opening gifts. Enjoy.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Thread Information