Thread: CAO Maduro Torpedo (Red Label)

Default CAO Maduro Torpedo (Red Label)

A very nice looking cigar. A deep dark toothy wrapper that didn't flake or tear. No sheen to it though. A nearly perfect burn. Full bodied with a long finish. The flavor was a bit one dimensional. Strong, with no real complexity. Quite earthy and tarry with very little of the cedar notes I like. The cigar started getting a little bitter about halfway through. For the strong cigar lover, this cigar would probably make a good companion for straight scotch.

All in all, not a bad cigar, but not worth the money either. Reminds me of the Italia blend with a different wrapper. I didn't really care for that one either. Aside from the Criollo, the Brazilia, and the CX2, I havn't been too impressed with the rest of CAO's lineup. Just my personal taste and two cents worth.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

I think they are a decent smoke. Helps that I picked them up for a little under $50 a box at the local B&M. Manager was wanting them gone due to no space. 1 box maduro, 1 box cameroon and 2 boxes of the extremes. You had the Extreme? I'm not a fan of it at all

Thread Information