Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just some info

Default Just some info

Hey guys have been away for awhile and will be gone for a few more months… In case anyone is wondering, I will be taking care or my dad who is undergoing Chemotherapy treatments for leukemia. I just didn’t want the rest of you to think I just fell off and left the brotherhood. Most of all my free time will be spent taking care of the old man and tending to his needs. It is going to be tuff but the DRs feel optimistic about his treatment.

I will be checking in from time to time to stay up on things but will not be posting too much. Take care to all of you…

Your prayers and good thoughts will also be appreciated.

Talk to ya soon.

Sorry to hear about that MadMan.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

i'm sorry to hear about your father man. i'll definitely keep him in my prayeres

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maduro Man View Post
    Your prayers and good thoughts will also be appreciated

You got it Brother!

I was just thinking about you today, thanks for keeping us in mind as well, I know how trying these times can be. Just keep looking out for your family, and stop in to say HI once in a while!

Dennis~
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Sorry to hear - here's hoping chemo doesn't last too long, it's no fun.
    Best wishes.
    Robert

Best wishes for your dad man. Ill pray for him.
    Mark 8:36

Blog Entries

No doubt on the prayers Matthew.....on the way. I know what its like bro, been there. Keep your chin up my man!!

Stop in and keep us updated.
    Last edited by ashauler; 08-14-2008 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Thanks to Thelma

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    No doubt on the prayers Matthew.....on the way. I know what its like bro, been there. Keep your chin my man!!

Stop in and keep us updated.
    Ya, losing your chin in the process won't help matters.

Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Sorry to hear this Bro. I hope all goes well. Take care.

Nothing easy about any of that - I'll send up a prayer. Take care of yourself.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

matt take care of yourself and yours if you need anything drop a line

dustin

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”

Best wishes to you and your family. I hope your dad recovers quickly.

Hey guys Thank You all for your kind words and well wishes… The old man has a tuff road ahead of him but we will swing for the fence. Thanks again for all the support it REALLY does mean a lot to me. I will let ya know how things go…

Just a quick update with the stuff that is going on with me and my Dad. He just finished his 3ed round of Chemo. I don’t know if any of you guys out there have seen what Chemo can do to a person, but it is not pretty. Basically the Chemo is supposed to Kill the cancer cells but it also kills the good cells too. Might as well be drinking rat poison. Anyway, he is hanging in there. He has one more round to go and then they check his blood to see if the White count stays low. If it is, then we will be in remission. His doctors are optimistic as am I. The sad thing about it is…Eventually this will catch up to him, hopefully with the Chemo I will be able to have a few more years with my Dad. Let ya know how it goes.

Man, that has to be hard to watch. I hope the chemo does it's thing and he can get some strength and quality of life back. Prayers and thoughts sent your way.

Blog Entries

hang in there brother......it is very difficult, but as you say, remaining optimistic is the way to go. Prayers will continue to head your way!!

Tough times. But he is lucky to have you there for him. Your support is most important.

hang in there Matt, me and my family will be keeping you in our thoughts

Dustin

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”

Blog Entries

My mother was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in march. She also has a spot on her lungs and there a small lesion in one of her bones in her back. My Mom went to the ER for a back ache and we left the hospital a month later with the above information and about a 6 month to a year to live notice.

She also left the hospital with two osmosis bags draining the bile from her body. We are now in Sept. My mom has had 10 chemo treatments in a row. now she 3 weeks on one week off. The tumor in her pancreases is half the size it once was and she has no new growth. The even took her bags out. The Dr. says he only seen this one other time about ten years ago. I know I am very lucky to have seen her rally this way and hope she can hold her own. But I know what chemo does and I hope your dad gets a remission and a chance to feel good. Does he get the shots to boost his immune system?

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Quote Originally Posted by cinda View Post
    My mother was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in march. She also has a spot on her lungs and there a small lesion in one of her bones in her back. My Mom went to the ER for a back ache and we left the hospital a month later with the above information and about a 6 month to a year to live notice.

She also left the hospital with two osmosis bags draining the bile from her body. We are now in Sept. My mom has had 10 chemo treatments in a row. now she 3 weeks on one week off. The tumor in her pancreases is half the size it once was and she has no new growth. The even took her bags out. The Dr. says he only seen this one other time about ten years ago. I know I am very lucky to have seen her rally this way and hope she can hold her own. But I know what chemo does and I hope your dad gets a remission and a chance to feel good. Does he get the shots to boost his immune system?
    Cinda…God bless you and your family for everything you have been through… I will send you good thoughts and I appreciate your story that you shared with me and the rest of us.

My dad does not get the shot to boost his immune system, the docs just tell him to keep an eye on hand shaking and staying away from people who are sick. He does take “Mango Steen” juice supplement. That seems to help a great deal. Makes him feel better and increases his energy level. You should tell your mom about it.

Thanks again for your continued support.

Thread Information