Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pass / Review These....In Progress

Blog Entries

Default Pass / Review These....In Progress

O.K. all here we go with the final sign-up and organizing phase of this pass/contest. Below is the cut/paste of the previous rules with some minor modifications for clarity and different labeling procedures. Please give them a read and let me know of any issues you may have. We could always use more participants, so signup will remain open a little longer. As with the last one I won't be playing, just giving results and making sure things go smoothly. I'm looking forward to this, it was fun last time, and should be fun again.

ChefChris and I worked out this little pass, that is really based off the Review These thread. Its not meant to replace that thread, but rather to expand a little on the premise. Here are the rules:

Must be a member in good standing with 100 posts or a trading history that is vouched for by an established member.

Pass starts with 10 unbanded sticks, in pairs of one higher $ stick and one lower $ stick ( like blind review).

Higher $ stick should be $5 and up
    Lower $ stick should be $1 - $3

Pricing to be derived from this resource:
    http://www.cigarcyclopedia.com/uploa...er_prices.html

In cases where the above resource cannot be used, you should be ready to provide the source you used for pricing if the value of the sticks is unclear.

Each pair of sticks will be in a single baggie numbered 1 - 10 to begin with. The sticks will be labeled "A" and "B". Only I will know the identity of the sticks.

When the pass gets to you, you will take a baggie of your choice and replace it with a new baggie that you will label with the next number in line. The sticks you place in the pass must follow the same criteria as the original sticks for $ amount. You must label your puts "A" and "B" using the blank bands included with the pass. PM me with the identity of the sticks you put in and their corresponding label either "A" or "B" and the baggie number you used.

Mail the package USPS priority to the next member on the list that will be enclosed with the pass. Post the DC# of the package in this thread when you send it. Please make every effort to move the pass along as quickly as you can....2 day turn-around shouldn't be a problem.

You then review your two sticks and guess which is higher and which is lower. I will start a thread in the review section specifically for the reviews and guesses once the pass starts.

There will be a "winner" and a "loser" sig-tag issued to each participant.....you must display this tag in your sig-line for a period of 30 days following the conclusion of the pass.

When the pass gets back to me and all sticks have been reviewed I will randomly draw one of the pass participants and bomb them with the cigars.

We'll run the sign-up through Sunday, Sept 7. Launch date is planned for Sept 9.

Participants IN ORDER OF TRAVEL

mizicke5273
    logan37
    derivation
    bduranni
    bigwhiteash
    sammis
    woxof
    cigarsarge
    cajunblaze
    deedubya
    mrtr33

chefchris.....due to the impending move, Chris has asked to be skipped until he's settled....we'll re-route then.
    Last edited by ashauler; 10-10-2008 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Travel Order is set;edit list

I guess it would depend on the "rules." But I would like to get more involved with this community and would enjoy something like this. If not, because I'm new, that's cool.
    Last edited by logan37; 08-20-2008 at 03:18 PM.

Blog Entries

You know I'm in brother!
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

I'd be up for something like this.
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

When I did this I smoked 2 cigars I probably would have never picked up. Now I have boxes of both. One of them is one of my favorite go to smokes now. So, yes, I would definately be up for this. The only thing I would change would be to seperate the two different price range sticks. Then you take one from both piles instead of somebody getting 2 premiums while the other gets 2 lower smokes. Just a suggestion.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Blog Entries

count me in.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Count me in.

sounds good to me also

sammis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    When I did this I smoked 2 cigars I probably would have never picked up. Now I have boxes of both. One of them is one of my favorite go to smokes now. So, yes, I would definately be up for this. The only thing I would change would be to seperate the two different price range sticks. Then you take one from both piles instead of somebody getting 2 premiums while the other gets 2 lower smokes. Just a suggestion.
    I understand, I'm thinking I can put a blank band on each cigar and number them. Then put them in pairs......and each person take a pair. What does everyone think?

Anyone have blank bands we do a little trade for?

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    I understand, I'm thinking I can put a blank band on each cigar and number them. Then put them in pairs......and each person take a pair. What does everyone think?

Anyone have blank bands we do a little trade for?
    I'm game. I got some blank paper, a pen and tape.

I'd be game.

The first one was the first pass I was ever part of, and thoroughly enjoyed it! So definitely count me in!
    Yay! Cigars!

13. Default

I'm in...I kicked ass in the first one so I guess I'll kick some more.

If you let newbies join, I would like to participate. If not i too will understand.
    Rich

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNBLAZE View Post
    If you let newbies join, I would like to participate. If not i too will understand.
    Rich
    You'll need to read the rules in the linked thread.......don't think you qualify at this point, but hang around, your chance will come.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    You'll need to read the rules in the linked thread.......don't think you qualify at this point, but hang around, your chance will come.
    Just noticed that you are doing the newb sampler with cabaiguan juan....looks to be going well. Hang around and keep participating and we'll see about including you in the pass.

Blog Entries

Bumpity...bump....bump......c'mon, there are some very discriminating palates out there that haven't jumped on this yet.

Sarge must have scared you all away.........

Blog Entries

Default Getting Closer

First post has been modified with the rules and participant list as it currently stands. Please take a look at it and review the rules as they have been changed slightly from the original thread.

C'mon all you review kinda guys.....this is a fun and sometimes eye-opening pass. It also comes with a chance to pick up some nice smokes at the end!!! Can't beat a deal like that.

Blog Entries

O.K......the only addresses that I don't already have are:
    Sammis
    Logan37

Forward me your addys so I can get the route planned. Still time for more to join!!

Just sent you a PM with my contact info.

Looking forward to the Pass!

sammis

Thread Information