Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to cigars

Default New to cigars

Hello. My name is Brad. I'm from Northern Idaho. I've smoked cigarettes for the last 14 years. I've tried some gas station cigars in the past and one I was told was a great smoke but didn't like them. Two weeks ago I was fishing with a friend. He smokes Macanudo Maduros. I tried one and liked it. A few days later I found I wanted another. I think this will be something that I could get into. Thanks for your time.

Brad

hey scarecrow. Welcome from NY. Go check out the newbie sampler thread in the exchange forum.

Thanks. We'll do.

Brad - you'll likely want to step up in your tastes a tad. Have you tried any of the Acid line of cigars? Chicks dig 'em!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Brad - you'll likely want to step up in your tastes a tad. Have you tried any of the Acid line of cigars? Chicks dig 'em!!!
    GG is such a bad boy...

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    No. So far it's just been Macanudos. That's what my fishin' buddy smokes. I'm looking for info and advice. Where to go from here. I like the Macanudos, but I'm a noob. For a bad smoke, I still like it. If I like it, what else would be better? That's why I'm here.

Blog Entries

Acid, Kuba-Kuba or Blondie. ggiese is right, the chicks dig 'em.

who left the bug zapper on again?

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Acid, Kuba-Kuba or Blondie. ggiese is right, the chicks dig 'em.

I've been working on a tin of Maduro. The smaller ones. What am I looking for?

Hey Brad. Nice to see another Idaho boy on here. I am from Idaho as well. Originally the CDA area, now in B'town. I am a newbie here as well. Welcome to the threads.

Blog Entries

This could go on for days.

Scarecrow,

Macanudos are generally not a preferred cigar of (at least) this community. There is really nothing wrong with them, just as you could say there is nothing wrong with Budweiser beer.

There is SO much more out there, though. Take logan37's advice, and check out the newbie sampler thread. There, a seasoned cigar smoker may be able to help introduce you to a variety of different kinds of cigars.

Cigar smoking doesn't have to be expensive; some of my favorites are only a few bucks each MSRP, when bought by the box. Cigar smoking is, in my humble opinion, just as subjective as drinking wines. What's important is what YOU like.

If you enjoy the Macs the most (which I find incredibly hard to believe, but it theoretically could happen), then go for it. It's not up to anyone to dictate what you should or should not enjoy.

And welcome to the boards.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

It's not that I like macs anymore then another, it's just that's what I've had to smoke. I'm going to order some Acid cigars tonight. See what they are all about.
    The other reason I've been smoking Macs is the price. I smoked 3 yesterday and 4 today. The tin will be toast tomorrow. They are less then $1 each. But I would like try something nicer. Cigars are going to replace cigarettes. I drive a truck and have a lot of time to smoke.
    Thanks again for the help.

PackinHeat, I'm just west of CDA. Fishin's been getting better.
    Last edited by scarecrow0104; 10-05-2008 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post

stole my fuckin' joke.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33
    Macanudos are generally not a preferred cigar of (at least) this community. There is really nothing wrong with them, just as you could say there is nothing wrong with Budweiser beer.
    M-Macanudos are bad, M'kay. B-Busweiser's bad, M'kay.

13. Default

if you like Macs, you should try temple hall, CAO Gold, or Five Vegas Golds. all nice mild smokes but with a little more flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by lement92 View Post
    if you like Macs, you should try temple hall, CAO Gold, or Five Vegas Golds. all nice mild smokes but with a little more flavor.
    I agree. I am still learning what I like as a newb, but I know I like the 5 Vegas Gold. I've had a couple in the last few weeks. They were both enjoyable and easy on me.
    ~PackinHeat~

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. "
    -Thomas Jefferson

I ordered a few Acids and they will be in tomorrow. Next order I'll try some 5 Vegas Gold. What I'm looking for is an everyday smoke. I drive a truck so I'm smoking or chewing on a cigar all day. I'm trying to learn to slow down but am having a hard time doing it.
    Thanks for the help.

Hey Scarecrow, welcome from BC. As suggested by logan37 go check out the Newbie Sampler thread. That's where I started (thanks Newfie) and haven't looked back.

I got the Acid's in yesterday. They are a little on the sweet side for me. A little like smoking ribbon candy at first, then it's like a clove. I'll try some of the other here soon. I will do the newbie sampler, but will have to wait a while.
    Thanks for the help.

Hey scarecrow, welcome from the UK. Check out Sancho Panza, especially the double maduro line.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Quote Originally Posted by stjohnroe View Post
    Hey scarecrow, welcome from the UK. Check out Sancho Panza, especially the double maduro line.
    I'll do that on the next order. I do like maduro. What type do you suggest?

PackinHeat,

What should I expect from the CAO Gold? I have a few on the way. They'll be in next monday.

I don't like to go to the smoke shops up here. They want almost twice as much for thier cigars up here. I've ordered from Famous Smoke. Do they have a good rep?

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrow0104 View Post
    I'll do that on the next order. I do like maduro. What type do you suggest?

PackinHeat,

What should I expect from the CAO Gold? I have a few on the way. They'll be in next monday.

I don't like to go to the smoke shops up here. They want almost twice as much for thier cigars up here. I've ordered from Famous Smoke. Do they have a good rep?
    I frequently buy from Famous and have never had a problem. No hidden charges and they always ship USPS Priority ($7.50). Cigars International is another good choice with competative pricing. I'm not pluging either of them, just my experience.

Thread Information