Page 21 of 58 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Cigarsmokers Box Split

Blog Entries

Default June Pass Update

First, the good news:

The cigars are here! There were some changes made last week, and we only ended up ordering two boxes. Irish79 and I both backed out, but there aren't any hard feelings anywhere! It's just the way these things go sometimes. The cigars are safely resting in my humi right now. The ashtrays are enormous. Sammis and Corvin have been randomly selected for the ashtrays. I hope you guys have big tables. In the interest of the cigars, the ashtrays will be mailed out separately from the cigars, so the ashtrays may take a bit longer to arrive. Sorry. Badwhale and Big Bill have been randomly selected to receive the boxes. I will be mailing those out with the cigars.

The bad news:

It's raining like crazy here, for some weird reason. It's atypical for this time of the year. And I'm swamped at work. Something major went down over the weekend and we're trying to figure it out. I'd rather not rush anything and do it wrong, so I'm going to pack everything this evening, and send out for sure tomorrow. I will send along DC#'s as well.

Thanks to everyone for their patience. These better be some damn fine cigars.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    Thanks to everyone for their patience. These better be some damn fine cigars.
    Thanks again for running this. We all know that the delays are not your fault and I would like to thank you for keeping the communication going with this.
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

Blog Entries

Default Out the Door

We are getting closer to being done with this. I just got back from the post office. The DC#'s are posted below.

1. badwhale PAID 0309 0330 0002 2457 0200
    2. FactoredReality PAID 0103 8555 7498 2842 7444
    3. big bill PAID 0309 2880 0001 3438 3321
    4. EGQ PAID 0103 8555 7496 7114 1054
    5. sammis PAID 0103 8555 7496 8162 6817
    6. Corvin PAID LC 422 847 244 US

Big Bill is out of commission while he is taking care of his mother. He asked that I hold on to his share while he is gone. The rest of you should receive yours towards the end of this week. I mailed the ashtrays separately, so you sammis & Corvin, you guys will receive them later than your cigars.

Again, I apologize for this taking so long. Thanks for having patience with me on this. HUGE props to DG - this ain't easy. The wife has told me several times that it will be a while before I do another one of these.
    Last edited by mrtr33; 01-27-2010 at 05:28 PM. Reason: updated big bill's shipping info

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

snip...... The wife has told me several times that it will be a while before I do another one of these.
    One of these days I'm not gonna be able to let this kinda shit slip by. You are taxing my self-restraint. That makes two, count 'em, two.

Mark,

Thanks for stepping up to the plate for this box split!
    "This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it." - V

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

Thanks Mark!

Appreciate the hard work
    sammis

Packaged arrived today, the box had been tampered with (one end had been ripped open) but everything was intact.

Thanks again Mark!

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

Blog Entries

Mark,

Got mine this morning Thanks again for doing this important task.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Mine arrived yesterday -- no issues, perfectly packaged. Thanks, Mark.

If anyone wants to suggest something for a split, I will gladly handle the grunt work this time. Suggestions?

There was some talk about Don Tuto Costa Rican Puros.

Don Tuto Presidente

Mine arrived as well! Smoking one today :)

Thanks Mark!
    sammis

Quote Originally Posted by FactoredReality View Post
    There was some talk about Don Tuto Costa Rican Puros.

Don Tuto Presidente
    Those look interesting, I can't say that I've had a Costa Rican Puro before.
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FactoredReality View Post
    Packaged arrived today, the box had been tampered with (one end had been ripped open) but everything was intact.
    Crap. Sorry about that! Glad everything arrived okay.

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Got mine this morning
    Glad to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by EGQ View Post
    Mine arrived yesterday -- no issues, perfectly packaged.
    Sweet. I tracked yours online yesterday, and saw you online all day, but wondered if it actually made it.

Quote Originally Posted by sammis View Post
    Mine arrived as well! Smoking one today :)
    Good deal.

So we're only waiting on the last one sent to Canada! Cool!

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

So we're only waiting on the last one sent to Canada! Cool!
    It'll take a while, but I know it's on the way.

I'll let everyone know when it shows up.

Sweet. I tracked yours online yesterday, and saw you online all day, but wondered if it actually made it.
    I've been leaving it open at work -- one of the few enjoyable distractions as of late. I've been slammed and didn't get home until late.

The Don Tuto's look interesting. I'm in for handling the logistics if others want to participate.

Blog Entries

Count me in for at least a 5er

Will

Uncle Tupelo

I'd like to get in on 5 of those.

Looks like we'll go with the Don Tuto's. Just to be clear -- these do not appear to be the most highly acclaimed smokes out there. I've never had them, but a CR puro and some of the reviews sound very interesting.

Based on $65 for a bundle of 25, each stick comes in at $2.60. It looks like the $8.00 shipping applies to upwards of 4 bundles -- I don't want to worry about adjusting the prices, so I'm going to eat the shipping solely for my convenience. As a result, a 5er would be $17.80 ($2.60 x 5 + $4.80), and a 10pk would be $30.80 ($2.60 x 10 + $4.80).

The Presidentes are available in Natural or Colorado wrappers -- I'd vote for the Colorado as they appear to be a mild to medium smoke, while the Natural is labelled as a mild+. But if there is enough demand, we could do some of each.

I plan on ordering this weekend or next Monday at the latest. Checks are fine if you have a proven track record of not being an asshat, money orders for all others and I will set up paypal if requested. Let's try to get payment in this week

1. EGQ
    2. Badwhale (10) Payment rcvd
    3. Carlos (10) Payment rcvd
    4. FactoredReality (5) Payment rcvd
    Last edited by EGQ; 07-13-2009 at 08:14 PM.

Mark me for a 5er.

Blog Entries

Ed,

Up me to 10 (Colorado wrapper), and I'll send a check out when I get home.

Will

Uncle Tupelo

Thread Information