Thread: First sales call ever........

Unhappy First sales call ever........

I'm heading out to my very first sales call ever, of all places my home town. The odds are stacked already as it's snowing and doesn't appear like it's going to let up. But, I do enjoy driving and at 5AM the roads should be clear of other drivers. Wish me luck guys and I pray that I can at the minimum, be well thought of by the respective client.
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Good luck, be safe out there!

Good luck man.
    Mark 8:36

Good luck Dickson
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

Good luck! Check back in with us.

Alright man the suspense is killing. HOW'D IT GO?!?
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Who gets the commision? You or smokey?

Cool

Thanks for all the well wishes guys..........

Quote Originally Posted by prophetic_joe View Post
    Alright man the suspense is killing. HOW'D IT GO?!?
    A 40 min drive took 2hrs and 15 min, the guy used me as a punching bag for all of 12 min. I walked in with a quote and he said your prices are to high. Sooooo, I ask him what his biggest user is. He shows me the competitors quote...good god...we're embarrasingly higher. I tell him okay lets look at another. Same scenario and I get one more out of him. That one was actually closer. He's pushing me out the door but, I get him to agree to at least let me try to beat the price on those three. It started as 1 and I walk out with three. I figure I done good. I get on the highway to hit my next appointment traffic jam...I'm sitting for an hour. Life is really good at this point. To make a long story short it was my best day of the three that I've been there. Again....Life is Good.

Quote Originally Posted by pub spears View Post
    Who gets the commision? You or smokey?

Dude...you crack me up. I'm grateful for the sense of humor. That bastid Smokey gets to smoke all these fine cigars while I get the commision te dwn sideto that is Ihave to work and he gets to smoke.
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Thread Information