Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Outsourcing Costa Rica? It may be a wise move during a recession.

Default Outsourcing Costa Rica? It may be a wise move during a recession.

In today’s highly competitive outsourcing market, a closer proximity to the United States , Central Time Zone and Spanish language capability as an added value are now considered almost basic requirements when making a decision on what call center to use for your important project. Leaving this to chance is not even an option anymore.

Many of the offshore call center agents are bilingual in their native Middle Eastern or Asian language which is difficult to the North American ear. Whereas Spanish is more useful and practical as a second language for potential untapped markets throughout the North, Central and South American populations as well as those countries where Spanish is either a primary or secondary language. This aspect alone has made Costa Rica a very attractive “near-shore” outsourcing solution. Most importantly, you can take advantage of the international tax laws granted to international companies that invest in Costa Rica and its local economy. The potential savings and benefits will make your outsourcing campaign a very wise business decision.

In addition, unlike other traditional call centers, Costa Rica’s Call Center stays focused on managing no more than a hundred person call center, one outsourced or inbound customer oriented campaign at a time in order to properly control quality, performance and positive employee morale. Once capacity is reached at one of our call centers, another location will be created with the same structure and business plan in order to keep our call center results and expectations consistently higher than that of the competition.

Call center software is as important to an outsourced campaign as telemarketing training. Both areas must be secure, reliable and willing to out perform the same competition that you are currently considering. Costa Rica has a very solid infrastructure ,stable democratic government, very competitive labor costs and a call center job pool that is especially attunded to the North American culture. Call center jobs are some of the top paying career opportunities in Costa Rica. This differs greatly from other countries that consider it as a starting position in a dead end company. Turnover at these other locations are five to ten times more than in Costa Rica. The high demand for call center services has provided our company with an abundance of respectable resumes of qualified telemarketers that want to work with and for you.

We encourage you to visit one of our call centers on your next personal vacation or business trip to Central America’s paradise, Costa Rica. While you are here, we would recommend taking an extra day of your trip to visit breathtaking virgin beaches, play golf next to the ocean, try your luck at deep sea fishing, explore tropical jungles, climb a volcano or just relax in natural hot springs. Come and see for yourself why call center outsourcing in Costa Rica is a perfect solution for your growing company and a powerhouse in the BPO industry.

http://www.costaricascallcenter.com/why_costarica.html
    Richard Blank
    CEO
    Costa Rica’s Call Center
    ceo@costaricascallcenter.com
    http://www.costaricascallcenter.com
    888-271-6750

Blog Entries

Well, I guess it was your 2nd post ........you have the links in your sig tag, why the copy/paste from the website?

Are you here to discuss cigars, or market your business to us?

ashauler,

Thanks for the additional interest and good question.

Since it is a hot topic these days,I wanted to read some opinions from the members.

Nobody here is looking for a telemarketer. Yet, everyone has had a phone call from one and may have something to say.

Richard

Richard Blank
    CEO
    Costa Rica’s Call Center
    888-271-6750

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Well, I guess it was your 2nd post ........you have the links in your sig tag, why the copy/paste from the website?

Are you here to discuss cigars, or market your business to us?
    Sounds like he is a SPAMMER to me!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RichardBlank View Post
    ashauler,

Since it is a hot topic these days,I wanted to read some opinions from the members.

Nobody here is looking for a telemarketer. Yet, everyone has had a phone call from one and may have something to say.

Richard

I tell them to never call me again! If I want to buy something I will be the 1 to initiate contact.I do not appreciate being called by a Telemarketer, & will never buy anything from 1!

JonDot,

You have brought up a good point.If it is a flat out cold call, I would be cautious.

Now, many of our calls are to existing customers or inbound customer service. For that, it will be very rare to receive a call from my center during dinner.

Happy holidays.

Richard
    Richard Blank
    CEO
    Costa Rica’s Call Center
    888-271-6750

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JonDot View Post
    Sounds like he is a SPAMMER to me!
    Quote Originally Posted by JonDot
    I tell them to never call me again! If I want to buy something I will be the 1 to initiate contact.I do not appreciate being called by a Telemarketer, & will never buy anything from 1!
    Us Kansas boys think alike.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardBlank
    ashauler,

Richard.
    Hey there Richard,

Can't say that I would consider telemarketing a hot topic on this board. But shit, you've been reading the threads so I'm sure you got a better handle on that than I do.

Reason being that Costa Rica has many call centers. Especially, for the gamblers out there.

Regardless, I am harmless and want to meet interesting people.I find that those that have a background with cigars know the finer things in life and have a well educated opinion of things.

Finally, Costa Rica is a cool place to visit.I may have some good suggestions for you.

Richard

Richard Blank
    CEO
    Costa Rica’s Call Center
    888-271-6750

Blog Entries

So, what cigars do you smoke?

Reason being that Costa Rica has many call centers. Especially, for the gamblers out there.

Regardless, I am harmless and want to meet interesting people.I find that those that have a background with cigars know the finer things in life and have a well educated opinion of things.

Finally, Costa Rica is a cool place to visit.I may have some good suggestions for you.

Richard

My favorite,

Romeo and Juliet.
    Richard Blank
    CEO
    Costa Rica’s Call Center
    888-271-6750

Blog Entries

My favorite,

Romeo and Juliet.
    "Juliet" ???

I think you're confusing your Shakespeare with your cigars there Dick.

Does anyone know where I can get lamps on-line?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Now this just makes my day. I am hounded by telemarketers all day, every day, and then when I get home maybe one or two more. It is such a nuisance especially when they tell my secretary that they "are returning my call" or "calling about the appointment we had" just to get through. She's learning to read them pretty good. We like to put them on hold for as long as possible. Of course they won't hold very long anyway because their time is even more important than mine.
    Why not just email me. It's a lot easier to "Delete All" than to slam the phone 10 times a day. Shit.

DeeDubya,

I respect them for trying. Yet, lying is not ethical.

I am glad our Gatekeeper is becoming wiser. Ask her to get their personal cell numbers. If they do not comply, it is a cold call and she should hang up.

Hopefully, that may help reduce the calls and save time.

One question, have any of them actually been good on the phone or offered anything of importance?

Richard
    Richard Blank
    CEO
    Costa Rica’s Call Center
    888-271-6750

Blog Entries

Well Richard, (heck, lets keep this informal, can I call you Dick?) I got some Ginsu knives one time from a telemarketer, and those damn things are sharp as hell. I've had them for about 15 or 20 years and they slice the shit out of my tomatoes to this day, even though I've sawed through some knarly bones with them as well.

That's about it for me. Hey, do you guys telemarket for any cigar companies? That would be sweet if you had an "in" with somebody.

DeeDubya,

I respect them for trying. Yet, lying is not ethical.

I am glad our Gatekeeper is becoming wiser. Ask her to get their personal cell numbers. If they do not comply, it is a cold call and she should hang up.

Hopefully, that may help reduce the calls and save time.

One question, have any of them actually been good on the phone or offered anything of importance?

Richard

I feel the name Dick is like calling some a Schmuck. Still, since I am in your good graces, I will let it slide.

My best connect is Don Benigno. He runs the show here and imports everything from Cuba. The prices are very reasonable the quality is unquestionable.

Those that visit Costa Rica can meet him personally and strike a deal. He is a solid businessman.

Richard
    Richard Blank
    CEO
    Costa Rica’s Call Center
    888-271-6750

Blog Entries

I feel the name Dick is like calling some a Schmuck. Still, since I am in your good graces, I will let it slide.

My best connect is Don Benigno. He runs the show here and imports everything from Cuba. The prices are very reasonable the quality is unquestionable.

Those that visit Costa Rica can meet him personally and strike a deal. He is a solid businessman.

Richard
    Dick,

Dick is a nickname for Richard just like Bill is for William.

You can call me Bill, Dick.

I'm still kinda wondering though Dick, why it is if you know so much about cigars that you called a Romeo y Julieta a
    Romeo and Juliet.
    Care to comment or are you going "to (ignore) me a second time?"
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 12-24-2008 at 12:12 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Richard
    Good evening, Dick.

My father and my sons first names are both Richard - but they both really like to be called Dick. Both are very well liked by his peers, who (by the way) also like to call them Dick. I don't think either is a Schmuck, nor do I think you're a schmuck. I hope you don't mind me calling you Dick - I'm just awfully used to it.

High quality cigars from Cuba at very reasonable prices? That's an interesting proposition. The members here are particularly fond of those fabulous Cuban Cohiba cigars in the special edition glass top presentation cases. Mr Bagnino sounds to be a very stand up businessman. Do you think he might be able to strike a deal with our members? Do we have need to travel to Costa Rica to strike a deal with him?

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    "Juliet" ???

I think you're confusing your Shakespeare with your cigars there Dick.

Does anyone know where I can get lamps on-line?
    Hello, Bill,

I don't think Dick would be able to provide on-line lamps. However, we may be able to strike a marketing deal with Mr. Bagnino which could be leveraged through Dick's call centers. I don't recall at any time receiving any telemarketing calls from a firm marketing lamps. I believe we might have the core for a very lucrative business, as long as Mr. Bagnino is able to provide reasonably priced Cuban Lamps.

By the way - do you think you might be interested in marketing those wonderful clocks you create? I'm thinking we could not only market lamps (possibly cigar logo lamps), but we may also want to consider marketing cigar logo clocks as well.

Just a thought! I'd love to hear what you think about it.

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Hello, Bill,

I don't think Dick would be able to provide on-line lamps. However, we may be able to strike a marketing deal with Mr. Bagnino which could be leveraged through Dick's call centers. I don't recall at any time receiving any telemarketing calls from a firm marketing lamps. I believe we might have the core for a very lucrative business, as long as Mr. Bagnino is able to provide reasonably priced Cuban Lamps.

By the way - do you think you might be interested in marketing those wonderful clocks you create? I'm thinking we could not only market lamps (possibly cigar logo lamps), but we may also want to consider marketing cigar logo clocks as well.

Just a thought! I'd love to hear what you think about it.

Thanks!
    Well it was a shot in the dark (the on-line lamps) since I haven't seen hide nor hair of SmileyWilly in I can't remember how long.

Ya know George, you might be on to something, my guess is Mr. Bagnino not only has connections to vendors with Cuban cigars, he must know some Cuban lamp vendors as well. The way the Canadian government taxes the living crap out of us up here in the Great White North, I'm always looking for a way to save some $$$.

You also have an interesting suggestion regarding marketing the clocks. Seeing as how I have a lot more time on my hands these days, I was seriously thinking of stepping up my production of those clocks we've discussed in the past. There are a whole lot of fishermen up here in Nova Scotia that have a lot of time on their hands here in the winter months so we've got the manpower to step up production on a moment's notice but marketing our products has always been our Achilles' heel. Have you noticed the recent increase in Latin-American (or in my case Latin-Canadian) people around these parts lately? I sure have. You would think that Nova Scotia wouldn't be a prefered destination of Latinos but I tell ya, Spanish is fast becoming the "second" language up here, replacing French faster than those Quebecians can even imagine!

I think we need to set up a meeting on this in the immediate future. Please let me know your availability and if you have any "outside the box" ideas on marketing my clocks, I'm all ears!
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 12-24-2008 at 12:53 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Dick.

Thread Information