Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight Contest

Default The Dark Knight Contest

This will be my first contest...finally! Batman: The Dark Knight was my favorite movie for 2008 and to celebrate the dvd release I wanted to start a contest.

Rules.
    All you have to do is guess my favorite scene/line in the movie. One guess per person per day. I will be out of town from Jan 5th-12th (xmas gift to the DR from my girlfriend) so I want to end this contest on the 19th at 11:59pm (if it goes that long)...I want to give everyone a chance to apply. Depending on how it goes I will give some clues here and there. On the 20th I will announce the winner who submitted the scene that was closest to my fav.

Prize.
    Some of my favorite sticks and three...you guessed it, Hoyo De Monterrey DARK KNIGHT I.

Good luck everyone! Happy Holidays!

-Vic
    Last edited by victory01; 12-27-2008 at 02:28 AM.

How about MY favorite scene, the Pencil Trick. And the line "Tada, ahhh it's gone".
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

the scene in the hospital where the joker 'breaks' Harvey Dent's spirit. The line: "I'm an agent of chaos. Oh, and you know the thing about chaos? It's fair!" ~Joker
    Mark 8:36

How about the part where you couldn't understand a damn word Batman was saying?

I guess that's a broad answer since that sums up the dialogue of the whole movie.

One of my favorite movies as well

I'll go for the scene on the ferrys
    sammis

I would have to guess it's the scene in the bank when they talk about who shoots who.
    3/4 of the Earth's surface is water and 1/4 is land. Clearly god wants me to fish, not mow the lawn.

I'm going to guess the first part of the movie in the bank robbery where Joker says, "I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you stranger"

wow! all really great scenes. i guess there were a lot more epic lines in this movie than i thought....

Blog Entries

I'm going with my favorite scene where Joker's with the Gambol and the gangsters croonies are on the ground on their knee's while the Joker has the gangster with a knife in his mouth. Then the dialogue is classic!

You want to know how I got these scars?

My father was a drinker and a fiend and one night he goes off crazier then usual.

Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that.

NOT ONE BIT!

So, me watching, he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it, he turns to me and he says,

Why so serious!?

He comes at me with the knife

Why so serious?!!

Stick's the blade in my mouth, "lets put a smile on that face" annnnnnd...

Why so serious?

Then, after he kills Gambol he turns to his croonies and says there is one opening and they have try outs.

Although, the disappearing pencil is awesome!

Lopaka

My second guess will have to be the court room scene with Harvey Dent when he almost gets canned. Harvey says "Carbon fiber, 28 caliber, made in China. If you want to kill a public servant Mr. Maroni, I recommend you buy American."

My second guess would have to be the closing scene with the joker when he is hanging of the building and he says to batman, "You can't kill me out of some misplaced moral principal, and i can't kill you because your way too much fun."

When Alfred tells the story of the bandit stealing jewels trying to explain the Joker's motivation.

"Because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."
    "This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it." - V

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

No, but I loved that line too!

Here is a HINT...it was a scene where joker is a part of, who also delivers the line.

I love hearing these quotes! Thanks everyone.

My guess for today,

the scene where the joker burns the huge pile of money, and says, "See, I'm a man of simple tastes. I like dynamite, and gunpowder...And gasoline! Do you know what all of these things have in common? They're cheap!"

15. Default

i would like to guess when the joker is talking to the mob bosses

they ask him why he hasnt killed the batman and he responds with the following

"when your good at something, never do it for free"

one of my favorite lines

Joker- "If you're good at something, never do it for free."

Blog Entries

Joker - "Let's wind the clocks back a year. These cops and lawyers wouldn't dare cross any of you. I mean, what happened? Did your balls drop off?"

My guess would be, the party scene in which the joker is looking for harvey and he grabs Rachel and says:

"Come here. Hey! Look at me. So I had a wife, beautiful, like you, who tells me I worry too much.

Who tells me I ought to smile more. Who gambles and gets in deep with the sharks... look at me!

One day, they carve her face. And we have no money for surgeries. She can't take it.

I just want to see her smile again, hmm? I just want her to know that I don't care about the scars.

So... I stick a razor in my mouth and do this to myself. And you know what? She can't stand the sight of me! She leaves. Now I see the funny side. Now I'm always smiling!"

Then Racel knees him in the groin and he says "A little fight in you. I like that."

Other scenes that I like, the pencil trick, when the Joker blows up the hospital, basically any part with the Joker is awesome. Ledger really made this movie with the Joker. Im a Batman fan and have been since I was young, and Bruce/Batman has always been my favorite character. But the way Ledger played the Joker in this film, he is definitely my favorite character in it.

Thanks for the contest!
    Yay! Cigars!

Good contest.

I'm going to say the scene where the Joker is talking to Batman in the interrogation room and says "To them you're just a freak, like me."

Quote Originally Posted by here'sjohnny View Post
    My guess for today,

the scene where the joker burns the huge pile of money, and says, "See, I'm a man of simple tastes. I like dynamite, and gunpowder...And gasoline! Do you know what all of these things have in common? They're cheap!"
    Good job, you got it! I loved that scene. When he threw that cigar on that huge pile of money I was like, wow! this guy really is nuts. My favorite lines from that scene was the end.

"I'm only burning my half. All you care about is money. This town deserves a better class criminal, and I'm gonna give it to 'em. Tell your men they work for me now, this is my city."

"They won't work for a freak."

"Farrreak...why don't we cut you up into little pieces and feed you to your pooches, hmmm? And then we'll see how loyal a hungry dog really is. It's not about money, its about sending a message. Everything burns!"

The joker standing in front of a massive pile of flaming money really stuck out for me. Almost every villain is after cash but he just wanted pure destruction, true evil.

Congrats Johnny! PM me your info and I'll have that package out to you asap.

Thread Information