Thread: My Little Book

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default My Little Book

I have a blank book a cigar store owner friend gave me. When I smoke a new cigar, I paste the label in the book and write down what I thought. It has really helped me to learn about cigars and what I liked and didn't.

When I buy new cigars, I usually buy two and smoke one now and save one for later. I smoke the second one without looking at what I wrote before. It is sometimes interesting to see what I thought then compared to what I think now.

After I know I like a certain type, I buy them by the box.

I don't save the label and write about every cigar I smoke, just the new or special ones.

Sometimes I find myself buying cigars just for the label!

It keeps me trying new types.

I really like it and think you would too!

Blog Entries

I do something very similar, except I use 3 x 5 cards.

I do the same thing - my girlfriend thinks I'm the biggest nerd on the planet.

"Celebrate Yourself!"

Master Cylinder, I like your book better. Man! Those are some huge labels, you must smoke some big 'uns!
    There's only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't!

Thanks Mark. Yea, that page happened to have some big ones on it - just chose it because it had less incriminating evidence against me... I normally get about 4 labels on a page.
    "Celebrate Yourself!"

Blog Entries

Nice journals, folks . I do much the same thing, but I keep short notes on singles in a spreadsheet. (Boxes go into StogieRate.)
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Blog Entries

That's a really nice idea. I do not smoke but when I learn about a cigar it's hard to remember everything I did learn just by picking them out of my humidor, I always have to go back and research. I do gifting and such and I like to be knowable about what I am handing out especially the cigars I gift in person. I think I am going to have to cut and paste a pic of the cigar to a file on the PC and write a blurb about who I gave it too and what they said and a little bit about the cigar's stats. There must be some kind of reference on the PC about cigars that are objective like a dictionary or encyclopedia. Some place that is not selling you the product just giving the facts. I will be looking for that first before I reinvent the wheel.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

8. Default

Awesome idea Mark. I was actually thinking of doing something like this. I want to try to figure out like my top 5 cigars and then really stock up on em. I really like the layout of some of the books you guys have.

Blog Entries

It looks nice. For the personal journals people do I think its great.

I want one that is like a dictionary with all the cigars in it the picture an all the information you have listed there and a place for me to leave a comment. How long do you think that will take to print? smiles I am really surprised there not one all ready on the market.

How much to make a 100 of them?
    Last edited by cinda; 01-30-2009 at 06:51 AM.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

I just put whatever it takes to make remember that particular cigar. I may put the price, length and ring gauge, and what I thought of it. I have put the filler and the wrapper country, but that info can be looked up if I want to find out.
    I may also put what I was doing or where I was when I smoked it. I seldom put the date.
    The bottom line is I want to remember the cigar, and anyone who reads it may think they'd like the cigar or not like it by what they read.
    There's only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't!

Ive been keeping a journal for quit some time now. In the beginning I was writing short reviews on the smokes, or maybe where I got them from. But now a days I'm too lazy for any of that. I'm lucky if I get around to pasting new ones in the book now But the important ones I still paste, and note the occasion smoked for instance. Like smoked in Austria, or New Years 09 New York etc...
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

12. Default

I wanted at first, to get a small book and paste my bands and write reviews on the pages. Well, I could not find a book I liked. I started throwing all my bands in a jar and then made an excel file. Since I always have my Blackberry with me, when I smoke a new cigar, I finish it, pull out my Blackberry, and add to my excel file or "Cigar Log". Works for me, but I love the idea of having a nice diary with the bands next to the review.

Thread Information