Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Little Book

Quote Originally Posted by Silencei2 View Post
    That sounds like a pretty good idea. Is there a price range or quote on it? I'd probably say as far as page content you would want to include: Name, Vitola/Size, Flavor (Mild, Medium, Strong), Smoke (plenty/not enough), Price, Year (of production/aging) and comments. Those would be the ones I would want. I would also probably say 2 cigars per page and of course a nice spot for the band to be pasted.
    I will submit for a quote today and post what they have to say. I'm going to try and work up a page template and post a photo as well.
    "This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it." - V

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

I like it, I'm just too lazy!

Put a quote request in today. See what they have to say.

Here are some images of the template I made up. What do you think?

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

Blog Entries

That looks good

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Got a couple quotes back from them. This seems the best because of the scrap book spine. The book would have room for 300 smokes. While the price is a bit up there, keep in mind these will be hand made acid free journals.

SCRAP BOOK SPINE
    With this binding style, the spine of the book is thicker than the fore edge, and thus as items are added, the fore edge fans out naturally, but not thicker than the spine.

FROM SCRATCH, Option 3
    8.5 x 5.5 inches, 75 sheets/150 pages, cream paper, unlined
    Flat Back Binding* SCRAP BOOK SPINE
    $58 for up to 3 copies
    $52 for 4 to 12 copies
    Deckled edges: $4 more per book

And, lastly, another option is to add an elastic strap to the cover. (See photos below). This can be done on ANY of the above options, for $3 more per book.
    Scrap Book Spine

The journal in the photo below is a Tight Back Binding, rounded spine.
    Last edited by FactoredReality; 01-29-2009 at 08:51 AM. Reason: adding more details

6. Default

Awesome idea Mark. I was actually thinking of doing something like this. I want to try to figure out like my top 5 cigars and then really stock up on em. I really like the layout of some of the books you guys have.

Blog Entries

It looks nice. For the personal journals people do I think its great.

I want one that is like a dictionary with all the cigars in it the picture an all the information you have listed there and a place for me to leave a comment. How long do you think that will take to print? smiles I am really surprised there not one all ready on the market.

How much to make a 100 of them?
    Last edited by cinda; 01-30-2009 at 06:51 AM.

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

to make it endure

I just put whatever it takes to make remember that particular cigar. I may put the price, length and ring gauge, and what I thought of it. I have put the filler and the wrapper country, but that info can be looked up if I want to find out.
    I may also put what I was doing or where I was when I smoked it. I seldom put the date.
    The bottom line is I want to remember the cigar, and anyone who reads it may think they'd like the cigar or not like it by what they read.
    There's only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't!

Ive been keeping a journal for quit some time now. In the beginning I was writing short reviews on the smokes, or maybe where I got them from. But now a days I'm too lazy for any of that. I'm lucky if I get around to pasting new ones in the book now But the important ones I still paste, and note the occasion smoked for instance. Like smoked in Austria, or New Years 09 New York etc...
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

10. Default

I wanted at first, to get a small book and paste my bands and write reviews on the pages. Well, I could not find a book I liked. I started throwing all my bands in a jar and then made an excel file. Since I always have my Blackberry with me, when I smoke a new cigar, I finish it, pull out my Blackberry, and add to my excel file or "Cigar Log". Works for me, but I love the idea of having a nice diary with the bands next to the review.

My book just came in.

I've been working on it for a while now and this thread finally gave me the push to finish it.

That's an Excalibur 1066 Dark Knight I Robusto just for size comparison, the book is 6" x 9".

More information available on my site, http://codewhite.net/designs/cigarjournal/

Just wanted to add that they are available for $9.99 from my site, or if you choose you can download a review page for free.
    Last edited by Corvin; 02-06-2009 at 09:01 PM. Reason: added info.
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

Blog Entries

COOL!
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Blog Entries

Nice job!

to make it endure

Blog Entries

Last edited by craig; 02-27-2009 at 09:33 PM. Reason: added Cigarmony's
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Thread Information