Thread: Puro Pot Pass II

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default Puro Pot Pass II

I am posting this to gauge interest in running another Puro Pot Pass. What's a Puro Pot Pass? The last time this was done, it was done here.

The rules, as proposed, are here:

The Object : Be able to guess the country of origin of a nude, puro cigar. A "puro" is a cigar where the wrapper, binder and filler are all from the same country.

The Prize : This will be a sort of "jackpot" style prize. Here's an example:

Player A: Will be me. I will start this off with a nude cigar and a prize pack of 3 sent to Player B

Player B: Guesses wrong. Has to send his prize pack and nude stick, plus an additional 3 to Player C (now 6 cigars)

Player C: Guesses wrong. Has to send his prize pack and nude stick, plus an additional 3 to Player D (now 9 cigars)

Player D: Guesses right. Keeps prize pack of 9, and then sends out nude stick and a new 3 pack to Player E.

Player E: As the last player, if he guesses right. He of course keeps the prize. But if he guesses wrong he must bomb an unsuspecting victim not associated with the game. Preferrably a n00b.

This is for everyone. Prize pack sticks are to be $3-5 and the nude cigar needs to be around the $5 mark and HAS to be a puro, meaning everything about it has to be from the country of origin. This will take some researching on your part. Check out Top25Cigar.com for help, or other approved cigar pricing sites. If you have a question about the MSRP of a stick, post and ask. Don't assume.

On top of a prize pack - everyone will receive an image award and must display it as their sig tag for one month from the day of receiving it. There will be a reward for guessing right - and one for guessing wrong.

There's no limit on how many or who can play. This is for newbs and FOGs alike. After everyone is done signing up, then I will arrange the order and get this party started.

What say you?

The pass will start after Valentine's Day weekend. I will start it out, and will choose the order (at random) and will post in this first post in this thread.

Please keep up with communication. That is key.

The ORDER (so far):

mrtr33
    WOXOF
    BDurrani
    dustinpollock
    CajunBlaze
    BigMacFu
    logan37
    Silencei2
    FactoredReality
    ashauler
    JFellows
    Eville
    bigwhiteash
    mrtr33
    Artyman1200

There is still time to get in this. No post requirement. You just can't be a loser flake tool meathead asshat.

UPDATE: I wanted to clarify, and I'll update the first post as well, but I guess in my mind I was hoping that after you smoked the naked puro, you would give reasons as to why you guessed the region you guessed. For example, I smoke a naked puro, and I noticed spiciness, a tight draw, and harsh flavor towards the end, I would probably guess that it was a Nicaraguan. Other, more colorful adjectives are encouraged as well.

I also wanted to clarify that each contestant will be receiving their own custom sig tag. No need to worry about not getting individual attention. Please keep the original size of the sig tag you are sent. If you want to play, this is part of it. It's just because I love you all so much.
    Last edited by mrtr33; 05-15-2009 at 11:23 AM.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Thread Information