Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Puro Pot Pass II

Blog Entries

Default Puro Pot Pass II

I am posting this to gauge interest in running another Puro Pot Pass. What's a Puro Pot Pass? The last time this was done, it was done here.

The rules, as proposed, are here:

The Object : Be able to guess the country of origin of a nude, puro cigar. A "puro" is a cigar where the wrapper, binder and filler are all from the same country.

The Prize : This will be a sort of "jackpot" style prize. Here's an example:

Player A: Will be me. I will start this off with a nude cigar and a prize pack of 3 sent to Player B

Player B: Guesses wrong. Has to send his prize pack and nude stick, plus an additional 3 to Player C (now 6 cigars)

Player C: Guesses wrong. Has to send his prize pack and nude stick, plus an additional 3 to Player D (now 9 cigars)

Player D: Guesses right. Keeps prize pack of 9, and then sends out nude stick and a new 3 pack to Player E.

Player E: As the last player, if he guesses right. He of course keeps the prize. But if he guesses wrong he must bomb an unsuspecting victim not associated with the game. Preferrably a n00b.

This is for everyone. Prize pack sticks are to be $3-5 and the nude cigar needs to be around the $5 mark and HAS to be a puro, meaning everything about it has to be from the country of origin. This will take some researching on your part. Check out Top25Cigar.com for help, or other approved cigar pricing sites. If you have a question about the MSRP of a stick, post and ask. Don't assume.

On top of a prize pack - everyone will receive an image award and must display it as their sig tag for one month from the day of receiving it. There will be a reward for guessing right - and one for guessing wrong.

There's no limit on how many or who can play. This is for newbs and FOGs alike. After everyone is done signing up, then I will arrange the order and get this party started.

What say you?

The pass will start after Valentine's Day weekend. I will start it out, and will choose the order (at random) and will post in this first post in this thread.

Please keep up with communication. That is key.

The ORDER (so far):

mrtr33
    WOXOF
    BDurrani
    dustinpollock
    CajunBlaze
    BigMacFu
    logan37
    Silencei2
    FactoredReality
    ashauler
    JFellows
    Eville
    bigwhiteash
    mrtr33
    Artyman1200

There is still time to get in this. No post requirement. You just can't be a loser flake tool meathead asshat.

UPDATE: I wanted to clarify, and I'll update the first post as well, but I guess in my mind I was hoping that after you smoked the naked puro, you would give reasons as to why you guessed the region you guessed. For example, I smoke a naked puro, and I noticed spiciness, a tight draw, and harsh flavor towards the end, I would probably guess that it was a Nicaraguan. Other, more colorful adjectives are encouraged as well.

I also wanted to clarify that each contestant will be receiving their own custom sig tag. No need to worry about not getting individual attention. Please keep the original size of the sig tag you are sent. If you want to play, this is part of it. It's just because I love you all so much.
    Last edited by mrtr33; 05-15-2009 at 11:23 AM.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

I'm game.

Blog Entries

I'll play. When are you thinking of kicking it off?

I am in

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    I'll play. When are you thinking of kicking it off?
    I don't know for sure. I guess I would like to have at least 6 players to get things started. I was reading through the last one, and there were many people that were added after the pass began. I don't know why that wouldn't work in this case. I don't want to wait too long, but I am anxious to get this thing going if there is enough interest.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

I would love to play in this, but I have no idea when the weather will be right to smoke again. It has been way too cold lately.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eville View Post
    I would love to play in this, but I have no idea when the weather will be right to smoke again. It has been way too cold lately.
    I can understand your predicament. I've also been thinking about a potential start date.

Well, as of now I can pretty much assure you that we won't be starting much before Valentine's Day. I will be out of town possibly this weekend, or the next. I don't know which yet. Ideally, I'd like to start shortly after that.

We can also put you towards the end of the pass, so that you would get the pass by the spring time, and thus potentially increasing your ability to smoke outside. If we can get some more SOUTHERNERS (hint, hint) to play, perhaps our northern counterparts who have to smoke outdoors would be more willing participants.

Sound good?

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

You can count me in on this one.

I'm down.

10. Default

In...

This always brings back good memories.

Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Pick me, pick me!
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

I'm in. Nice idea Mark!

Blog Entries

Hell, throw my name in there too. It would be nice to go towards the end though so I am not freezing too much of my ass off while trying the puro.

I'm game

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    This always brings back good memories.

LMFAO..... Good times.

Im in. Sounds like a great idea.

Rich

Blog Entries

Okay, it looks like we have enough people to at least get this ball rolling. I will keep the first post updated, and only post within the thread if a specific question or instance needs addressed.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

I would like to play.
    "This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it." - V

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FactoredReality View Post
    I would like to play.
    You're in.

Update:

I just found out I will need to be gone this weekend. Out from Friday afternoon through Tuesday. Won't have Internet access the whole time (can't wait, really). The contest will still go on as planned. When I get back, I will choose order and we are still planning on getting this launched February 17th (Monday is President's Day).

In the meantime, could all participants PM me their addy? I will then make sure each participant gets the addresses in order.

If you have any questions, please ask!

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Thread Information