Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cigar Lounges...

1. Default

My thoughts on places to smoke in DC......Georgetown Tobacco..on the main drag thru Georgetown (which I think is M Street)..pretty good but no bar. Four Seasons Hotel in Georgetown allows smoking outside and has outdoor heaters, etc.. Good but it's going to be pricey. Leaving Georgetown, there's Shelley's Back Room which one of the other posters wrote about. Shelley's is down near the Williard Hotel and the JW Marriott. Good place..lots of couches..and paneled walls, but I find it a bit smokey. My favorite is Ozio's at 18th and M Street. Reasonable prices, friendly wait staff and great ventilation. They have a port (either $6 or $8 a glass that is a great buy..can't recall the name but it's the only one on the port menu in that price range). Other than the above, I think the options in DC are limited. If anyone knows other places in DC (not MD or VA), please share.

2. Default

Actually, clarification on Georgetown Tobacco...good cigar store...lots of great smells and things to look at. Very small place to sit and smoke...probably 5 chairs in a corner. No soft leather chairs. Good place if you want to sit in chair and soak-up some of the old world ambience. Not so good if you want to kick back and put your feet up.

Cornwall, NY (West Point) on the Hudson River

Cool

Here's a couple of cigar shops / lounges that I thought are worth listing in the Hudson Valley of New York:

Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars / New Windsor, NY - http://www.hudsonvalleycigars.com/
    We have a regular Thursday evening crowd that meets as well as Saturdays as well. A very good selection of cigars to pick from in their walk-in humidor and some of the best steaks to choose from as well.

Uptown Cigar Company / Kingston, NY - http://uptowncigar.com/
    Israel and the Uptown crew will make you feel like family right away. They have a great selection of cigars both in their walk-in humi as well as their box humidor. Right next door is Lucy's Tacos which is a must or one of the other fine restaurants close by.

If anyone is thinking about visiting either one of these two locations, please let us know so we can meet you there for a cigar or two as well as some eats.........

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bassassman View Post
    My thoughts on places to smoke in DC......Georgetown Tobacco..on the main drag thru Georgetown (which I think is M Street)..pretty good but no bar. Four Seasons Hotel in Georgetown allows smoking outside and has outdoor heaters, etc.. Good but it's going to be pricey. Leaving Georgetown, there's Shelley's Back Room which one of the other posters wrote about. Shelley's is down near the Williard Hotel and the JW Marriott. Good place..lots of couches..and paneled walls, but I find it a bit smokey. My favorite is Ozio's at 18th and M Street. Reasonable prices, friendly wait staff and great ventilation. They have a port (either $6 or $8 a glass that is a great buy..can't recall the name but it's the only one on the port menu in that price range). Other than the above, I think the options in DC are limited. If anyone knows other places in DC (not MD or VA), please share.
    When I used to smoke in college we would go to The Jefferson. But I'm guessing the laws have changed since then and they no longer allow smoking. Glad to hear Ozios is still around - they've been there FOREVER!

Default Still new to forums.

Im still new to the forums just checking out the site so far but anyone in the midwest should check out http://www.makerscigarlounge.com/ I found this place in Bricktown OKC very relaxed and comfortable setting.

If anyone's driving from Austin to San Antonio or vice versa, there's a lounge right off of IH-35 in New Braunfels- The Tobacco Haus...pretty cool place if you ask me

7. Default cigar lounges

Stanley Pappas is nice. But for the atmosphere and relaxation... Havana Manor (Louisville) and (Longmont) are by far the best Denver has to offer!

Oddly enough I found a nice little cigar lounge outside of Dallas in Grapevine, TX. It's in the Gaylord Texan Resort (there for a conference this week) and to tell you the truth the prices aren't that bad and the stick selection is very good for high ends. On another note, the lady who runs it is very well educated in cigars and has a lovely... err... for lack of a better word I'll call it "Talent"....

I'd give this little lounge (only seats 15 people tops) a solid 8 out of 10 though. She is a little slow getting drinks to people but it's understandable, it's a side room of a bar in the hotel, not a full fledged cigar lounge
    "I would call that person a puffnozzle" ~mrtr33

9. Default

I am pretty jealous. I have never been to a lounge, and I don't know of any around here. There are probably a handful in NYC, but I bet they are costly.

The closest I came was when I was traveling in SF, and didn't pack any smokes. I went to a shop where everyone was smoking, and they had a small sitting area. I walked into the humi and was hit with prices that are way above what I would have expected to pay, and I left.

10. Default

We have a club here in town thats nice. You cant buy a stick there but there is a small bar. The best part is that it never closes. Its a private club, you have to be a member but its worth it. Any on comes to middle Tn. let me know, I can arrange a visit.
    Peace
    Marc

I've not been to the one in the Gaylord (Grapevine, TX). Didn't know they had it, actually. If you get to East Dallas (Rockwall, TX) there is a real nice lounge called En Fuego. They don't carry my favorites but can make up for it with others. It's pretty classy last time I was there.

Where I live now (Lubbock,TX), there is a store called Heroes and Legacies. I used to manage the place in college. VERY nice but the lounge is private, members only. You can by a day pass if you'd like, or make friends with staff. Lounge is leather seating, projector, wifi, etc. Great place! Cheers!

12. Default

If you are ever in maine, the best place to smoke it the 'cigar and smoke shoppe' in bangor maine. hands down the best place.

Thread Information