Thread: suggestion needed

Default suggestion needed

Its been about six months since I've posted here, only excuse I have is that I saw something shiny and got distracted.

I think I'm a "Johnnie one-note" when it comes to smokes. About a year ago I was on the receiving end of a newbie exchange from Cabaiguan Juan and really liked one stick in particular, a Perdomo Reserve maduro F, and bought a box. Then a box of the same cigar in a petite corona. I don't smoke that much and still have a few of each left.

So I don't stay too one dimensional, does anyone have a suggestion I might try which has the same qualities? I'm looking for consistency, nice tight ash, even burn, no bite, strong flavor but not strong enough to make me wanna puke, etc.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    - Freddy

"Shut up," he explained.
    - Ring Lardner Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
    Its been about six months since I've posted here, only excuse I have is that I saw something shiny and got distracted.

I think I'm a "Johnnie one-note" when it comes to smokes. About a year ago I was on the receiving end of a newbie exchange from Cabaiguan Juan and really liked one stick in particular, a Perdomo Reserve maduro F, and bought a box. Then a box of the same cigar in a petite corona. I don't smoke that much and still have a few of each left.

So I don't stay too one dimensional, does anyone have a suggestion I might try which has the same qualities? I'm looking for consistency, nice tight ash, even burn, no bite, strong flavor but not strong enough to make me wanna puke, etc.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Off the shelf domestics. Decent smokes - won't break the bank:

Cuesta Rey Sungrown

Just about any Avo

Griffin (a bit milder, but a very nice smoke)

Camacho 10th Anniversary

Torano Exodus

Rocky Patel Edge and Vintage series

Montecristo Platinum and White series

A bit more coinage:

Arturo Fuente Hemingway (especially Maduro, if you can find them) and Don Carlos

Davidoff Millenium Blend and Anniversario

Diamond Crown Maximus

Thanks, I'll see about picking up some of your suggestions and giving them a try.
    - Freddy

"Shut up," he explained.
    - Ring Lardner Jr.

Thread Information