Thread: Cameroon Ceegars!

Default Cameroon Ceegars!

Need some recommendations. I've had the Indian Tabac Cameroon Legend, Torano 1916, Oliva G, and probably a couple others I can't remember right now. I like the Tabac best followed by the Oliva. Wouldn't buy the 1916 again. What other cameroons can I try that will make my taste buds dance and sing?

Blog Entries

Cuesta Rey Stanford Reserve Cameroon and the AF Don Carlos are my favorites.

Also, search is your friend.......I'm just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    But it's so much WORK! Seriously though, I couldn't find a good centrally themed cameroon thread, so hopefully this one won't die. Thanks for the suggestions, I haven't tried the Cuesta

I'm a big cameroon fan too. Have you tried the CAO CX2? I have a fiver on the way but haven't had them yet. I wasn't a huge fan of the 1916 either. I'll have to check out the Cuesta.

I've read mixed reviews on the CX2, however, most seem generally positive. I'll try one just because I like trying new stuff. Do they even sell them in B&M's?

I've recently had two of the 1916's and thought they were great. I have been really enjoying the Oliva NUBS as of late and need to try their Cameroon. Those nubs are awesome they burn even and slow it takes me an hour to get thru one. If I get on I'll let ya know

Del Rio, TX. Middle of nowhere. From Phoenix, AZ.

I too am a Cameroon fan. Try the La Aurora 1495 Cameroon. The Cx2 is my favorite, I recently purchased three boxes of them. Many of the AF's are cameroon. The list goes on and on. I hope we can keep this thread going as a Cameroon review/discussion too!

Blog Entries

Excalibur 1066 ~ Merlin cameroon
    those are a standby for me.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Cuesta Rey Stanford Reserve Cameroon and the AF Don Carlos are my favorites.

The only Cameroon's you need!

But if you must...Torano Cameroon, La Aurora Cameroon, Leon Jimenes 300 series, and A.F. Hemingways are Cameroon wrapped.

I too am a fan of the Hemingway, anything La Aurora, the Stanford's, Serie G's, And I would also throw out the Perdomo Reserve Cameroon (silver label). How about the Nepalese Warrior? I've personally never had one but they seem to be a favorite on the board. They're cameroon wrapped are they not?

I Live in Anderson CA. 2 hours north of Sacramento

I just had a cigar.com house blend Cameroon and I was surprised! It was pretty good.

Friend of mine posted this link elsewhere. Mighty fine read.

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar...2,1473,00.html
    Bruce

Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice.
    Hanlon's Razor

Great post NullSmurf!

Finally got a chance to smoke a Cuesta Ray Stanford Reserve (Pyramid No. 9, Natural) from our local B&M ($7).

The packaging is impressive as it has a long gold sleeve with one band at the head and one band at the foot of the cigar. The cameroon wrapper has a nice oily sheen to it. A+ for outer appearance. The pre-light puff had some sweet cedary notes and it gave a near perfect draw with minimal cutting of the head. The intial post-light puffs were smooth and mellow with flavors of earth, licorice, and a touch of sweetness. It produced ample amounts of smoke and maintained a near perfect draw throughout the entire cigar. The ash was a nice light gray throughout and held for a good 2" before falling on its own.

The burn line was slightly wavy but never came close to needing a touch up. The flavors of earth, licorice, and slight bit of sweetness were consistent throughout the cigar and became stronger as the burn approached the head of the cigar. The cigar had flavors that I tasted in the back and side portions of my tongue, not that the cigar was sour or bitter, but that's where I tasted it. Overall, the cigar had a medium flavor profile and was probably medium bodied. I smoked the cigar to the nub in about 1hr 15min. These are tough to find online, so if you come across any I would pick up a few. This is my favorite cameroon thus far. I would give it a 9 out of 10 for a cameroon. Excellent smoke!

Blog Entries

Nice review, glad you liked it!!

Blog Entries

Love them.. I buy them whenever I can
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Artyman1200 View Post
    Finally got a chance to smoke a Cuesta Ray Stanford Reserve (Pyramid No. 9, Natural) from our local B&M ($7).

The packaging is impressive as it has a long gold sleeve with one band at the head and one band at the foot of the cigar. The cameroon wrapper has a nice oily sheen to it. A+ for outer appearance. The pre-light puff had some sweet cedary notes and it gave a near perfect draw with minimal cutting of the head. The intial post-light puffs were smooth and mellow with flavors of earth, licorice, and a touch of sweetness. It produced ample amounts of smoke and maintained a near perfect draw throughout the entire cigar. The ash was a nice light gray throughout and held for a good 2" before falling on its own.

The burn line was slightly wavy but never came close to needing a touch up. The flavors of earth, licorice, and slight bit of sweetness were consistent throughout the cigar and became stronger as the burn approached the head of the cigar. The cigar had flavors that I tasted in the back and side portions of my tongue, not that the cigar was sour or bitter, but that's where I tasted it. Overall, the cigar had a medium flavor profile and was probably medium bodied. I smoked the cigar to the nub in about 1hr 15min. These are tough to find online, so if you come across any I would pick up a few. This is my favorite cameroon thus far. I would give it a 9 out of 10 for a cameroon. Excellent smoke!

Nice review. Thanks. I just had my first one of those this past weekend. Really flavorful, very enjoyable smoke. Didn't really know what was going on with that wrapper - I'd seen cedar wrappers on cigars before, but never a paper wrapper. Odd, but the smoke was awesome. Thanks again.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Cameroon wrappers are notoriously delicate... maybe the paper sleeve is for protection as much as it is for presentation?
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Quote Originally Posted by Artyman1200 View Post

By far my favorite Cameroon - it would be just as good at twice the price!!!

And it is one of my top 5 go-to cigars if I want a smoke I know will be good!

At one point they were very difficult to find - but I'm finding them in heavy circulation recently. And I hear stories that retailers have been regularly running sales on 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    Cameroon wrappers are notoriously delicate... maybe the paper sleeve is for protection as much as it is for presentation?

Not this guy - the wrapper is BEAUTIFUL!

Nope - as far as I can tell - the paper sleeve is purely for presentation...

Thread Information