Thread: Flor De Oliva Maduro Torpedo

Thumbs up Flor De Oliva Maduro Torpedo

Ok, first of all I want you to know that I bought a 20 pack of these for 43 bucks on famous-smoke.com which comes out to 2.15 per cigar, and they are 6.5 x52. With that out of the way, I knew that they were a "bargain" cigar. I went this route because i already knew that i like Maduro's since i had smoked a few other brands that were maduro's and loved them, but my wife gave me a budget to work with and i decided that i would rather smoke 1 a day as apposed to 1 a week with the more expensive brands. The first one I smoked the day after i received them. I have to say that it was not great. It had an uneven burn and would not hardly stay lit. I will not go into the details because at that point i would have rated it a 5 or a 6 out of 10........however, then i decided to give them a couple weeks to equalize in my Humi and boy did that do the trick. My next smoke was just about an hour ago. So I will use this one for my review. From the outside this cigar looks average. It has a fairly thick and toothy maduro wrapper. There are some defects though, some veins are present but they did not affect the burn. It has a great draw which i love in a cigar. The flavors are predominently a woody/spice mix with a little hint of expresso or coffee. These flavors remain constant thoughout the cigar. Its a very smooth cigar with lots of smoke. The ash was great, and it lasted for about 1.5 inches before i knocked it off. I would have to say that for a medium bodied cigar it ranks very well, especially considering the price. If you want a "go to" cigar that you can stock up on and keep in the Humi for awhile you will not be dissappointed. I have to give it an 8.5 out of 10 as far as flavor goes. I would like a little more complexity. However, when you factor in the price I give it a 9 out of 10. I have not found a better maduro at this price range. I took a great pic showing the ash, but its not on the net so if you want to see it I can email it to you.

DD.

Don't discard a stick because of it's price, I personally like the Flor de Olivas as one of my daily go to smokes. For a two buck stick what can you expect? I can tell you that they age well and the flavor is usually consistant from bundle to bundle. I always buy them when they are on sale because they are fairly good for the price. They are not a top of the line cigar though so expect to have some problems with then from time to time.

Gene

Thread Information