Thread: Camacho "The New Look"

Default Camacho "The New Look"

I got a very nice 5 pack sampler of "The New Look" Camacho's along with my order of a box of Corojo 11/18's. Anyone know what these are? They are 5" robusto's. There is a brown band, black band, yellow band, red band (maduro) and a slightly larger ring guage black band labeled "Select". Are these some Camacho promos or just repackaged existing Camacho Honduran's? I'm not that familiar with other Camacho's. Anyone? Camacho Man? Sorry, I'm at the office where I do the majority of my goofing off, so no pics. I'll take a cell phone pic after my morning nap and try posting it.

Texcigars.com has this sampler at a great price -

http://www.texcigars.com/Cigar-Sampl...Sample-Pack-5/

The Coyolar (Black) blend is comprised of 100%, Honduran-grown, Habano-seed ligero tobaccos known by the Eiroa family as "Coyolar" and supposedly is very full bodied. The Select has a Cameroon wrapper. The SLR Maduro (Red) consists of a Corojo Binder, Corojo Filler, and Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro Wrapper. The SLR stands for Special Limited Reserve and is hand rolled in Honduras. The yellow band is the Havana, the wrapper is Habano Criollo and the binder and filler are Corojo.
    Last edited by Artyman1200; 03-24-2009 at 09:19 AM.

I do not think the packaging on those guys in the fiver are new. I have most of those in singles. BTW, the Corojo 11/18 is a fantastic smoke- one of my favorites!
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

OK, someone come over here and slap me. I just flipped the box over and guess what, on the back:
    "So What's New You Ask?"
    "It's quite simple really. A more premium look to our lines."
    * Completely redesigned Camacho bands.
    * Completely redesigned Camacho box labels.
    * Upgraded Camacho boxes.
    *Complete makeover of our Diploma line, including a makeover of the "oh so popular" Diploma 11/18 and Diploma 07/05 sizes.

So now I don't know if I got the old 11/18's or the new 11/18's. The box looks like a small humidor, very nice.

What your finding is the ne Camacho...........owned by Davidoff of Geneva

I couldn't wait.I smoked the brown band last night. Awesome. Chances are, by the end of the week these will be history. Yum.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ATT00004.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	974  
    Last edited by DeeDubya; 03-25-2009 at 08:06 AM.

Blog Entries

Wait 'till you dip into that pyramid shaped box with the big gold emblem on it!
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    Wait 'till you dip into that pyramid shaped box with the big gold emblem on it!
    They're in the cooler, but I'd really like to remove one for a little celebration this weekend. Do you think they're ready to smoke or do they need to rest for a few weeks? I removed the wrap from the box so the RH balances quicker. I'd rather smoke one a little dry than risk busting a wrapper.

Blog Entries

That's why they give you 21 of them!

Actually, they have pretty durable wrappers, I've gone through four boxes already, and I can't remember ever busting a wrapper. I would still wait a week or two if you can.

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    That's why they give you 21 of them!

Actually, they have pretty durable wrappers, I've gone through four boxes already, and I can't remember ever busting a wrapper. I would still wait a week or two if you can.
    Yeah, right.......wait a week or two. I never can, and almost always smoke one within a day or two.........just can't help it. I don't recall having many wrapper problems with these. Dry box it for a day or so if you're really concerned about it.

Blog Entries

Actually, on my last box, I think I asked the mailman for a light!

~ Col. Sanders ~

~ ashauler ~

Oh Yeah, Well on my last box I think the mailman had opened it to see what I had ordered from Famous. I told him that with no doors and no seat belt, he had better hold on to the wheel and not be smoking cigars. jk

Thread Information