Thread: X Men Origins

Default X Men Origins

Ahhh..... Wasn't bad. Best part is where logan says "I'm canadian" Woot.... Worst part is where Gambit tells him he wasn't joking when he said he would kill everyone at the end... But he didn't kill ANYONE really... Especially the two people he really wanted, Saber and Striker... heh What do ya think guys??
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

I think it was OK, and hope the next one is killer! I liked the first one the best so far, followed by 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Roham View Post
    Ahhh..... Wasn't bad. Best part is where logan says "I'm canadian" Woot.... Worst part is where Gambit tells him he wasn't joking when he said he would kill everyone at the end... But he didn't kill ANYONE really... Especially the two people he really wanted, Saber and Striker... heh What do ya think guys??
    Not that most of the above wasn't expected, but this forum lacks Spoiler flags
    "This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it." - V

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

Blog Entries

I will probably rent it, to be perfectly honest. I'm just glad that Gambit is finally in an X-Men movie. Geez, it only took them 4 movies to get a character that has been a part of the X-Men for 20 years.

My favorite movie, so far, is X2. The opening scene with Nightcrawler is just too awesome.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Unfortunately he has less than 5 min of screen time :(

I thought it was pretty good. I wasn't impressed with the casting choice for gambit at all. He seemed pretty soft to me. Seems to me a like a legendary card hustler in new orleans should be a bit more worldly that the character appeared. But I was glad for the addition.
    www.prohumidors.com - Premium Humidors and Cigar accessories.

How much screen time does Deadpool get?? He's by far my favorite! Please tell me they put the mask on Ryan Reynolds and he's not running around without a mask!! I may not even see the film if he's unmasked throughout!
    All my ex's live in Texas.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fuma787 View Post
    How much screen time does Deadpool get?? He's by far my favorite! Please tell me they put the mask on Ryan Reynolds and he's not running around without a mask!! I may not even see the film if he's unmasked throughout!
    Wait......Van Wilder is Deadpool? I have no more use for this movie if he isn't wearing a mask. Sorry - simply can't take it seriously.

....as if comics were serious to begin with....
    Last edited by mrtr33; 05-06-2009 at 04:37 PM. Reason: one last thought

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    Wait......Van Wilder is Deadpool? I have no more use for this movie if he isn't wearing a mask. Sorry - simply can't take it seriously.
    He's unmasked in every trailer I've seen.

Just read on Yahoo that there will be a spinoff movie that will star Ryan Reynolds as Wade Wilson (Deadpool). There will also be another Wolverine flick, which some of you may have already known.

Just saw it - thought it was fantastic!
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post

....as if comics were serious to begin with....
    are you kidding? he was the best choice. deadpool is 'the merc with a mouth'

he was pretty much playing that role in blade 3. i havn't seen origins but i'm excited theres a deadpool spin off. i heard he only has like 2min in the movie.

Thumbs down

I was dissapointed w/ Wolverine Origins. Some of the special effects were horrid and well below the level I expected from this series.

Plot wise it was ok, Deadpool looks more like Baraka from Mortal Kombat.

Overall I hope they do better with the next one.
    "This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it." - V

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

Thread Information