Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Owning Smokers

1. Default

Great post George,some here suffer from look at me and all my shit. I call it short dick syndrome
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    Great post George,some here suffer from look at me and all my shit. I call it short dick syndrome
    Posting pictures of your entire arsenal on a public forum is not wise. Gives the wrong folks ideas. But - hey - You will never see me make that mistake. I've taken the reports after the stuff disappears...

I'm quite sure there are some seedy characters who'd love to get their hands on a number of the "toys" pictured here! Those posting the pictures worst fear should be putting their guns into the hands of the wrong people.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    Ditto!! The ones with the biggest just sit back and smile. Ok, maybe I wink once in awhile.

Here's the latest addition to my collection!

Close range - long distance!!! I got 'em all covered! The only way they'll taking that gun from me will be prying that baby from my cold, dead fingers!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Here's the latest addition to my collection!

Close range - long distance!!! I got 'em all covered! The only way they'll taking that gun from me will be prying that baby from my cold, dead fingers!
    Damn. Nice Plymouth hood ornament!

I would assume you keep that in your shoulder holster all the time?
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

...and I'm eyeing my new Nokia cell phone/gun. Probably going to "pull the trigger" (pun intended) on that baby once they come out with the smart phone version (though not holding out much hope it will be an iPhone...)

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Damn. Nice Plymouth hood ornament!

I would assume you keep that in your shoulder holster all the time?
    Shoulder holster?!? Seriously, Will - you think I can keep something like that in a shoulder holster?

Nope - I got a very nice ankle holster for that baby!

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Btw - please don't read my viewpoint wrong. I enjoy shooting firearms. I was a competitive shooter for a time. I constantly practiced and trained. I was completely serious about my responsibility of being the best I could be with the weapon i was carrying so that if I did need to use it, I was prepared.

But - further - I also was heavily involved in self defense classes. I trained to be in a position to NOT have to use the gun if there was an opportunity to avoid it. And - I even focused a large portion of that self defense training on dealing with edged weapons or blunt instruments (e.g. Baseball bates, batons, etc) so if I was attacked I would not automatically need to go to a gun to neutralize the threat.

Fwiw - from my viewpoint If you're serious about defending yourself with a gun - you REALLY need to be able to defend yourself without one. And - if you're going to carry it you have a responsibility to ensure you are very well trained.
    Excellent posts George and thank you very much for resonding! I understand now quite clearly what you meant about the hassles involved in CC.

To be honest, I'd never given it more than a passing thought because it is pretty much impossible here in Canada. Also, I'm smart enough to know that it can lead to all kinds of problems and I've had enough of those in my life without gun related problems on top of the rest. After reading your responses, I'm pretty glad it isn't a possibilty for me. So far, I've managed to take care of myself without needing a gun and I'd much prefer to keep it that way.

I'll stick to shooting hanguns for fun and stress relief at the range and hunting in the fall.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

9. Default

Trigger happy gun owners make me laugh. You all know the type. The ones that fantasize about it. The ones that could't hit the broad side of a barn under stress. Believe me, your trouble has just begun when you shoot someone, whether it's justified or not. You're better off investing in a good pair of sneakers.

Doc
    Last edited by Devil Doc; 07-16-2012 at 12:17 PM.
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Doc View Post
    Trigger happy gun owners make me laugh. You all know the type. The ones that fantasize about it. The ones that could't hit the broad side of a barn under stress. Believe me, your trouble has just begun when you shoot someone, whether it's justified or not. You're better off investing in a good pair of sneakers.

Doc
    If you've not had someone say to you, "Go ahead - do us both a favor and pull the trigger..." as you're pointing your cannon at their face - you ain't never lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Doc View Post

Doc
    +1...AVOID, DIFFUSE, or RUN...Shoot if you have gone through all those options. As you said, shooting someone will make your life a living hell if justified or not (even worse)...

I like to shoot gun for sport and for self defense...99% of the time lethal or injurious force is not the right option.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AMGfan View Post
    +1...AVOID, DIFFUSE, or RUN...Shoot if you have gone through all those options. As you said, shooting someone will make your life a living hell if justified or not (even worse)...

I like to shoot gun for sport and for self defense...99% of the time lethal or injurious force is not the right option.
    Um, Huh? I don't think I'd enjoy actually having to discharge my firearm in self-defense.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Um, Huh? I don't think I'd enjoy actually having to discharge my firearm in self-defense.
    I didn't write it correctly...I enjoy sport shooting and have certain firearms for self defense. I would not take any enjoyment in shooting anyone...that is a psychosis I don't maintain.

I own a Mosin Nagant M91/30, that has a bubba'd up paint job. Also a Saiga 7.62 that I am in the process of converting.

I enjoy target shooting and deer hunting.
    Hope to one day get out to Montana and do some elk hunting with my stepson.
    I've got a Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger New Model Super Blackhawk 44 mag., CVA Elkhorn Pro Magnum 50 cal. muzzleloader and a Remington 30-06.

Don
    "I am a soldier I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight" - Gen. George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AMGfan View Post
    99% of the time lethal or injurious force is not the right option.
    As someone who carries a firearm 100% of the time, this sums it up for me, while I wouldnt enjoy it, it wouldnt make me lose sleep at the same time.

I just bought a new hunting rifle.....another Savage 99C in .308

I had one already as well as a 99F as backup. The C has a 4 round removable magazine, the F has the built in 5 round rotary the Savage 99 lever action's are famous for. I like the convenience of a removable mag and lets face it, it's safter for unloading too. The new one is in transit and should get here in time for me to take the scope off the 99F and put it on the new C and get it sighted in before I leave on my annual 2 week hunting trip on Oct 31st.

So I'm pretty pumped......LOL.........new rifle, hunting trip only a few weeks away, picked up hunting trailer yesterday and it's in the driveway ready to be cleaned, prepped and packed. Got my 30 cigar travel humidor prepping on the desk (can't forget that!)

My wife can't stand me for most of October and always breathes a sigh of relief the morning I leave!

I'm off to the range tomorrow morning to go run a few through my "soon to be the backup" 99C and blast some of the 1000 rounds of .22 I have in my ammo can and maybe a 100 or so of the .45 acp..........I love the smell of cordite in the cool morning air!
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Picked up a new house gun today Stoeger P-350 Pump, Pistol Grip 12-GA, 3-1/2” Black synthetic.
    http://www.stoegerindustries.com/fir...er-defense.php

I went looking for a 380 "the wife will not let me have hers " but did not find any i liked, then this gun caught my eye at the right price.
    I hate to see what i come back with next time i go looking for a 380 i all most walked out with a nice SKS but i just dont have a use for one at this time.
    Last edited by Mangyrat; 11-03-2012 at 10:22 AM.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Something i noticed today i was also picking up some subsonic 22 rounds and the price is way up.
    i can get a brick of 500 rounds for almost what a box of 50 subsonic/match grade
    Maybe its just my local shop jacking up the price $11 a box of 50 for wolf.

Got to get ready for the Zombie apocalypse.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bonecollector View Post
    Any Class III fans out there?

No MG's for me yet buy I have a couple of SBR's.

Thread Information