Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Owning Smokers

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    Nice rifle Stoopy can I play with it?

I was looking at a new lower today on my way to NC and some how did not get one, that little voce in the back o f my mind "the wife" told me not to push my luck.

That hand guard is cool on next build I may get one similar to it.
    You make your way out to CA and you can shoot it all you want.

Took it out and zeroed the scope.
    First 5 shot group

The hand guard is a white oak armament.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoopy View Post
    My Christmas present finally showed up today after a month and a half.

Having the scope now, I finished my AR project that I have been waiting a year to shoot.

Time to load up some 75gr A maxes and see how she shoots.
    Whew.............nice rig!

What model is that scope?
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    Whew.............nice rig!

What model is that scope?
    Bushnell XRS
    4.5-30x50 FFP with G2 reticle

Stuck at the house all week due to getting a cut on my hand at work. "that and my truck was stuck in the front yard due to my dumb ass parking it on a sheet of ice"
    So today I got sick of watching Movies online and sneaked out to the gun shop.

I am a gluten for punishment a AR10 in 308 damn near came home with me till the counter guy asked me if I still wanted the 380 I had on layaway. I forgot about that Bersa 380 I tried to hide from her before.
    So I picked it up instead of getting the AR10 that I don't need.

I did not even bother trying to sneak it in the house, She would have found out anyway.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Stuck at the house all week due to getting a cut on my hand at work. "that and my truck was stuck in the front yard due to my dumb ass parking it on a sheet of ice"
    So today I got sick of watching Movies online and sneaked out to the gun shop.

I am a gluten for punishment a AR10 in 308 damn near came home with me till the counter guy asked me if I still wanted the 380 I had on layaway. I forgot about that Bersa 380 I tried to hide from her before.
    So I picked it up instead of getting the AR10 that I don't need.

I did not even bother trying to sneak it in the house, She would have found out anyway.
    LOL - good to hear you got your baby home....finally!

I googled that Bersa 380 and it reminds me a lot of my old Walther PPK that I sold to my older brother years ago. Very similar look to it.

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    LOL - good to hear you got your baby home....finally!

I googled that Bersa 380 and it reminds me a lot of my old Walther PPK that I sold to my older brother years ago. Very similar look to it.
    It is a copy of the PPK.
    It fit my hand good is why I got it all the rest of the 380's felt to small.
    It fills a gap between my 22's and 9mm's.

I am not sure what I want next I may start hunting down a wheel gun to go with the 32 s&w long and the 38 special.
    maybe a 44 mag.

I am even on long guns and hand guns 7 to 7 so I may get the mosen I have been wanting first.
    Last edited by Mangyrat; 02-01-2014 at 11:46 AM.

Blog Entries

I'm a bit torn on my next purchase. It will either be a bolt action 308 for some long range shooting, or a magnum revolver probably .357. I have some time to make up my mind about it.

8. Default

Yall are killing me about being in the doghouse about bringing in guns. Guess I am no better. Bought an Arsenal AK chambered in 223. Was not expecting her home for lunch. Popped open the trunk, pulled out the rifle, and she pulls in right behind me. Well I let her know who the boss in the family was. I was placed on restrictions and grounded for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    Yall are killing me about being in the doghouse about bringing in guns. Guess I am no better. Bought an Arsenal AK chambered in 223. Was not expecting her home for lunch. Popped open the trunk, pulled out the rifle, and she pulls in right behind me. Well I let her know who the boss in the family was. I was placed on restrictions and grounded for a month.

Well I am going right back on gun restriction again before I even get off restriction, just got off the phone with a guy I work with he has some old 308 that is trashed and I am offering $75 for it and one of my old kayaks in trade.

From what he told me this 308 is hard to find only around 5k were imported so I may restore it if its worth it or I may just shoot the hell out of it as it is.
    Solved my problem of what gun to get next.

I am still thinking I want a 50 BMG so I may break my rule of one hand gun for each long gun.

Yep I am so busted she over heard my phone call from the next room working out the deal on the 308.

I cant wait till she gets the amazon bill for all the rest of the gun crap I ordered this month.
    On a positive side she did say she would not mind a 50 BMG around the house again so that tells me I am ok to get one.
    She has to be as nuts as I am to want a 50 BMG just to have.

It is a copy of the PPK.
    It fit my hand good is why I got it all the rest of the 380's felt to small.
    It fills a gap between my 22's and 9mm's.

I am not sure what I want next I may start hunting down a wheel gun to go with the 32 s&w long and the 38 special.
    maybe a 44 mag.

I am even on long guns and hand guns 7 to 7 so I may get the mosen I have been wanting first.

It's surprising how well the ol'PPK fit in my hand considering it's a small gun.

I'll always love wheel guns, even though I have a passion for 1911's. My next wheel gun will be a Ruger Combination .45 LC - .45 ACP That way I don't have to buy yet another caliber and can shot ACP's in it too. on a side note, there's a local gun auction on Feb 15th I'm going to and there's a Cold 1911 A1 up for auction. This is that company's first time auctioning handguns (they just got licensed for them recently and I'm hoping it will go at a price I can afford. I've always wanted an authentic Cold.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    LOL

You reminded me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj4vLZJhNEk

I was visiting the father-in-law today and he found some peace of crap 22 short revolver in the bottom of a junk box and gave it to me to play with. We were hunting for a magazine for his Colt woodsman and came across it.

To tell the truth I am a little scared to fire this gun its not that well made. He cant ever remember shooting it and don't know where he got it.

I will fire damn near any gun if it looks safe to me but something about this trash box find has me wondering if I should fire it.

22 short RG10 and I think the name is ROHM it hard to read it.

"update"
    LOL 3 min of Google and I found out my suspensions are dead on its not a gun its a hand held pipe bomb.
    Well I think I will give it a once over and fire it anyway its a 22 short what could happen, hold my beer BRB
    Last edited by Mangyrat; 02-07-2014 at 11:23 PM.

LMAO. Good luck firing that thing. Eyes and Ears please. Vest might not be a bad idea either.

14. Default

You should be fine. 22's only blow out the edge of the rim on the brass. You know it happens when the shot is louder than the rest. Shoot enough .22 and it will eventually happen to you.

I was visiting the father-in-law today and he found some peace of crap 22 short revolver in the bottom of a junk box and gave it to me to play with. We were hunting for a magazine for his Colt woodsman and came across it.

To tell the truth I am a little scared to fire this gun its not that well made. He cant ever remember shooting it and don't know where he got it.

I will fire damn near any gun if it looks safe to me but something about this trash box find has me wondering if I should fire it.

22 short RG10 and I think the name is ROHM it hard to read it.

"update"
    LOL 3 min of Google and I found out my suspensions are dead on its not a gun its a hand held pipe bomb.
    Well I think I will give it a once over and fire it anyway its a 22 short what could happen, hold my beer BRB

Bring something to clamp the gun in and a long string or piece of twine you can tie to the trigger.........LOL

Blog Entries

TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

LOL CC

Thanks, I'm copying that and sending it to a few people I know. I'd try that experiment myself but this being Canada I'd likely get arrested for "improper storage of a firearm"

Well I decided i need to start a new AR build for a truck gun so im going cheap, I want to keep it at around $500.
    Blemished PSA M4 Upper - 16'' CMV CL Stripped Upper.
    Grand Total (Incl.Tax) $259.99 "used a 10% discount code"

I will just wait for a sale on the other parts and i should be under 500 total depending on if i put a scope on it.

I'm so scatter brained i forgot i picked up a bolt action 22 mag marlin model 9831.

I give up on the idea of having a hand gun for every long gun im just picking up what ever i get a good deal on.

Blog Entries

Long guns aren't all they're cracked up to be according to my wife. Of course she may just be trying to make me feel better about myself.

Thread Information