Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Owning Smokers

Eville i don't see a problem.
    Only problem i see is maybe you are running out of room to store all the new toys.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

$300 is a darn good deal, I'm jealous..........lol!

I'd love to find a deal like that myself.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Ok ill admit it i have a problem also so Eville its contagious.
    Today a Kel Tec P-11 followed me home.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    Ok ill admit it i have a problem also so Eville its contagious.
    Today a Kel Tec P-11 followed me home.
    Nice! I went to the store for some 357 ammo and almost walked out with another AR. They have Deltons on sale, buy the upper, get the lower kit for $55, total for $550. I talked myself down...for now. In other news, the Blackhawk shoots perfectly and the Marlin drives tacks at 25 yards (range max).

Well i am not back on gun restriction yet so i may go back and pick up the 38 i was eyeballing.
    My excuse is it will be for my father in law, he mention he may want to try a 38 and that is a good enough reason for me to get a new one, i can't have him shooting my old one.

i am going to have to break down and get a safe sooner or later i am down to storing guns on my computer desk.

If the guy at PSA today would have helped me i would have walked out with the 38 and the 9mm, the guy that sold me my benchmade at the knife counter is the one that sold me the 9mm he is the only one that wanted to make a sale apparently.

The guy at the gun counter apparently thought i was homeless or something and could not afford a gun, standing at counter with platinum visa in my hand and pocked full of nice cigars and the idiot ignored me for a well dressed youpy that did not buy a thing, so i got pissed and walked away, on my way out i wanted to get a knife and that salesman wanted to make a sales so he helped me with a few knifes then sold me the 9mm.

I learned something today.
    when you're looking for a knife alway ask the guy that runs the knife counter what knife he caries and have him show it to you. they will know what is the best knife for the price. He was carrying a kershaw Cryo.
    I walked out with the Kershaw and the benchmade Griptilian then he jumped departments and sold me a gun.

Well i am not back on gun restriction yet so i may go back and pick up the 38 i was eyeballing.
    My excuse is it will be for my father in law, he mention he may want to try a 38 and that is a good enough reason for me to get a new one, i can't have him shooting my old one.

i am going to have to break down and get a safe sooner or later i am down to storing guns on my computer desk.

If the guy at PSA today would have helped me i would have walked out with the 38 and the 9mm, the guy that sold me my benchmade at the knife counter is the one that sold me the 9mm he is the only one that wanted to make a sale apparently.

The guy at the gun counter apparently thought i was homeless or something and could not afford a gun, standing at counter with platinum visa in my hand and pocked full of nice cigars and the idiot ignored me for a well dressed youpy that did not buy a thing, so i got pissed and walked away, on my way out i wanted to get a knife and that salesman wanted to make a sales so he helped me with a few knifes then sold me the 9mm.

I learned something today.
    when you're looking for a knife alway ask the guy that runs the knife counter what knife he caries and have him show it to you. they will know what is the best knife for the price. He was carrying a kershaw Cryo.
    I walked out with the Kershaw and the benchmade Griptilian then he jumped departments and sold me a gun.
    We have a store in the big city south of me that I went to a couple times that your story reminded me of. If memory serves, it's a chain called "Wholesale Sports" I went in there a couple times and walked away from the gun/ammo desk totally aggravated. I stopped giving them any of my $$$

I just bought another new knife. I've always had a bit of a thing for knives as well as firearms and have always owned several knives. I recently bought a Cutco Drop Point hunting knife with the Double-D edge (in basic black)
    http://www.cutco.ca/products/product...op-point-knife
    I can't believe the edge on this knife! I presently own about a half dozen to ten different hunting knives and this is by far the sharpest out of the box....it even beats the Japanese made Damascus steel knife I bought last year which I thought was scarey sharp when I first inspected it.

I'm really looking forward to using this knife next November! I like it so much I told the wife I want a Cutco fileting knife for my b'day and sent her the link to the page to order it. If you've never checked out a Cutco knife, go have a look at their website and check out their warranty while you're there.

Blog Entries

Damnit. Got me again. This time though, it should serve a purpose. There are about 6 of us that decided to help out the installation with some good old fashioned hog hunting. The only problem is that on post you can only hunt them with blackpowder, bow, shotgun, or rimfire. If I had a semi auto .22, I would have used that, but I don't want to piss off a boar then have to fumble with a bolt. So, I picked up little 20 ga. Winchester SXP and a few boxes of slugs.

Good decision Eville a 20 guage is what i used to kill my first hog and it will do the job at close ranges where a rimfire would just tick it off.

I am not going anywhere that sells guns this weekend i am on the verge of being on gun restriction again.

So talk about your coincidences..........lol

You two talking about hunting hogs (something I'm hoping to do this coming summer) and after I log off CS, I see an email from my wife arrive with the following link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7UW5AkWqOY&t=48

"Let's go kill some more pigs!"

Well i'm now on double restriction for all gun related stuff.
    All i did was get one little scope "Thor 336 1.5x thermal scope" for my AR pistol build.

I think she was fine with it and enjoyed playing with it around the house and yard till she found the bill of sale.
    She got even and ordered new furniture for the living room for 3k so she still gets to spend 1k more to get even.
    Last edited by Mangyrat; 05-16-2015 at 05:37 PM.

Well i'm now on double restriction for all gun related stuff.
    All i did was get one little scope "Thor 336 1.5x thermal scope" for my AR pistol build.

I think she was fine with it and enjoyed playing with it around the house and yard till she found the bill of sale.
    She got even and ordered new furniture for the living room for 3k so she still gets to spend 1k more to get even.
    HOLY F*@#

That's some scope!!!!

I need to get in some range time with it next week.
    Picked up a box of hand warmers to use as targets and i will try frozen water bottles also.

This little scope is starting to cost me way too much time and $, Now the wife can see where the house needs more insulation and i have to crawl up in the attic in the summer heat to add more thanks to this damn scope.

I went with a lower powered one for the pistol build i only wanted it for 100 yards or so shooting.
    With the higher powered zoom it narrows your field of view to much.

Well i got off cheap and she is happy now.
    She needed a new TV due to the size of the entertainment center she ordered so i got her one of them Vizio 60 inch smart TV's so she can watch her internet shows on.

Now i am back to shopping for gun related stuff and cigars.

Well i got off cheap and she is happy now.
    She needed a new TV due to the size of the entertainment center she ordered so i got her one of them Vizio 60 inch smart TV's so she can watch her internet shows on.

Now i am back to shopping for gun related stuff and cigars.
    LOL ^5

No new guns.

All i have been doing is working on my ammo supply and storage.
    I am shooting 14 different calibers for 21 guns now so storage became a problem finding anything so i Picked up some 50 cal cans and filled 11 so far.

The only caliber i am low on now is 300AAC so i stooped shooting it till i do some reloading, its just to hot to spend time in the shed reloading right now.

I did get to fire my browning sweet sixteen, that old gun is fun to shoot.

No new guns.

All i have been doing is working on my ammo supply and storage.
    I am shooting 14 different calibers for 21 guns now so storage became a problem finding anything so i Picked up some 50 cal cans and filled 11 so far.

The only caliber i am low on now is 300AAC so i stooped shooting it till i do some reloading, its just to hot to spend time in the shed reloading right now.

I did get to fire my browning sweet sixteen, that old gun is fun to shoot.

I'm in the same boat. No new guns and trying to stock up on ammo. For some reason it's been hard to come by up here. I suspect between the US gov't, the US armed forced, US police and of course, citizens stocking up, there's very little making it's way up here. My local gun shop finally got a bunch of my hunting rifle ammo so I bought several hundred rounds and I managed to find several thousand .22 rounds as well.

I went out shooting last weekend because I'd adjusted the Timney trigger on my Remington 700 from 2.5 lb's to 3.5 - 4 lb's. It was a little too light for hunting. It definitely feels more the way I want it to now and I'm still shooting 1" groups at 100 yards and 1 to 1.5" groups at 200 so I'm happy with the setting.

I actually bought a (yep, one..........LOL) .50 cal ammo can from the local surplus store some years back. I was able to put a lock on it and that's what I take to the range and out hunting. For storage at home, I bought the following Plano storage "trunk"

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B001...ilpage_o08_s01

It holds quite a bit, has wheels if you need to move it and has 3 locks on it and fits nicely in the closet of my home office. You could stack them too if need be and I believe they are water tight.

CptnBlues63 i will have to look in to that storage box, i think i would need 2 and stack them in the closet is not a bad idea.

Blog Entries

That seems like it would be a pain in the ass for ammo storage if you start stacking them. Moving tuperware containers of leftovers around the fridge is one thing. Moving a tough box full of ammo around is completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Eville View Post
    That seems like it would be a pain in the ass for ammo storage if you start stacking them. Moving tuperware containers of leftovers around the fridge is one thing. Moving a tough box full of ammo around is completely different.
    Yeah, especially if they're full. Heck, even half full and I doubt one person could lift it.

Mine's about 1/4 full and it's got enough weight to it that I wouldn't want to lift it alone (I have some assorted gun parts, scopes and tools in there also).

If you had one full one on the bottom and the one on top only full enough that you could still lift it easily you'd be alright though.

Well im still looking at them maybe not for ammo due to not being able to move them when loaded now that evilel pointed that out.
    But for all the spare parts and cleaning supplys one would fit the bill nicely or for reloading supply i keep in the shed.

But i still need a better way to store ammo i have it all stacked up behind my compute room door right now.

Last edited by Mangyrat; 08-22-2015 at 06:56 AM.

Thread Information