Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Owning Smokers

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    I just realized I failed to mention I got a Ruger SR1911 right before Thanksgiving.

I probably have 200 rounds through it. Now I've hit my usual "won't shoot it again for 5 years" drought. At least I have it.
    I envy you that one. I like the looks of the Ruger SR1911 and I'm willing to bet it's up to the usual Ruger standard for operation and accuracy. Not to mention the one I want (the 6700 model) comes with a stainless steel finish and cocobolo grips. Just like my Ruger super single .22 combo and my Mark III hunter.

But they're pricey and I already own a 1911...........just not as nice a one! So I'll wait and maybe in a year or two or three, I'll find a used one on sale for a more affordable price than brand new.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    Nice i am still looking for a back up 1911.
    I like to have 2 of everything and one 45ACP is the only thing i am missing right now then ill start looking at a 308's or get in to the 40 cal stuff.
    This gun collecting gets expensive fast
    A man only NEEDS one 1911, and if one is all he has, it should be a Kimber. But if a man is only allowed two weapons chambered in 45 ACP, one of them should most definitely be a Gen 4 Glock 21.
    "I have made it a rule never to smoke more than one cigar at a time." ~ Mark Twain

"Internet quotes are always 100% accurate." ~ Abraham Lincoln

SPEEDRACER Glock is not something i ever wanted for some reason i just do not like them.
    Fired the first gen glock when it first came out and hated it from day one.
    Last edited by Mangyrat; 01-15-2017 at 05:40 PM.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDRACER View Post
    A man only NEEDS one 1911, and if one is all he has, it should be a Kimber. But if a man is only allowed two weapons chambered in 45 ACP, one of them should most definitely be a Gen 4 Glock 21.
    I've never shot a Kimber so can't comment on that. I'll just say that if it's well made, it'll feel great in the hand and shoot well regardless of manufacturer. I have however shot a couple different model's of Glocks. The 17 and the 21. Both in .40 cal. I didn't like them at all. Mostly it was the trigger. I found it stiff and it irritated my trigger finger after a couple hundred rounds. My brother, who had the Glocks, shot my Para Ordnance GI Expert 1911 the day we were shooting the 21, and commented on how nice and smooth, and gentle, my trigger is.

I have plans on owning a second .45 acp but it's not going to be a 1911 and that's the biggest reason I haven't saved my pennies and bought the Ruger SR1911 mentioned in a previous post. I want a Ruger single action (I believe it was the "Vaquero" I was looking at) combination .45 long colt and .45 acp. The .45 acp cylinder would get a ton of use, the long colt would get very little use. Luckily, the Vaquero will fit perfectly in the holster I have for my Super Single .22 combination.

Blog Entries

I love my Ruger Super Blackhawk in .357. Really, all of my Rugers are just a joy to shoot.

As for 1911s, I'm waiting for the CMP to start selling off the government's stock before I get another one. I used to have a Citadel 3.5" but was not at all impressed with the accuracy.

I am officially now a Gun Owning Smoker. I bought my first handgun on Saturday. I went with a Glock 43. I felt it was time I needed to stop borrowing my dad's guns when I go to the range with him. Especially because I want to start going more with him.

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    That's a nice score Will...........they're fun to shoot, cheap to feed and highly accurate. If you think you might do a bunch of shooting you will want to look into getting an Ultimate Clip Loader

http://www.mcfaden.com/McFadden-Mach...der-s/1827.htm

Check amazon, I think I saw them there cheaper than on the mfg's website.
    I bought one of these loaders for my dad based on this. Thanks, that thing is slick as can be. It makes loading his Ruger MK II so easy.
    Yay! Cigars!

Quote Originally Posted by Mizicke5273 View Post
    I am officially now a Gun Owning Smoker. I bought my first handgun on Saturday. I went with a Glock 43. I felt it was time I needed to stop borrowing my dad's guns when I go to the range with him. Especially because I want to start going more with him.

I bought one of these loaders for my dad based on this. Thanks, that thing is slick as can be. It makes loading his Ruger MK II so easy.

Hey Mizicke5273 Glad to hear you joined the ranks of gun owning cigar smokers! Me, I love to take a cigar with me to the range. It irritates my brother to no end as he prefers to smoke one later after we're done. Me, I just smoke two on the days he can stay for one after a visit to the range..........LOL

Yeah, my good friend and hunting partner owns two Mark II's and I bought him a loader when I bought mine. You just reminded me, I've run so many rounds through mine it's dirty inside. I need to get it out and open it up and give it a thorough and proper cleaning. I should probably do the same to my Mark III magazines while I'm at it. Presently I find myself shaking the loader and mag up and down far too much to get the shells to drop in properly.

They sure do save a LOT of wear and tear on the thumb. I can still remember how sore my thumb got before buying the loader. It didn't take too long going through one or two bricks of 500 rounds in a visit.........lol

Blog Entries

I envy you that one. I like the looks of the Ruger SR1911 and I'm willing to bet it's up to the usual Ruger standard for operation and accuracy. Not to mention the one I want (the 6700 model) comes with a stainless steel finish and cocobolo grips. Just like my Ruger super single .22 combo and my Mark III hunter.

But they're pricey and I already own a 1911...........just not as nice a one! So I'll wait and maybe in a year or two or three, I'll find a used one on sale for a more affordable price than brand new.
    I didn't think it was much pricier than your Para. Anyway, talk about pricey, my buddy just got an Ed Brown Kobra Carry. *Drool*
    I gather the Para is an entry level GI Replica, while the Ruger is only an entry level enhanced.
    Last edited by badwhale; 01-18-2017 at 10:02 PM. Reason: add'l thougts
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

For any of you hunters who are limited to shotguns, check out these. 20ga slugs accurate to 200+ yards.

https://www.tarhunt.com/20ga-schrifl...rrels-tarhunt/

Blog Entries

Uncle Tupelo

I didn't think it was much pricier than your Para. Anyway, talk about pricey, my buddy just got an Ed Brown Kobra Carry. *Drool*
    I gather the Para is an entry level GI Replica, while the Ruger is only an entry level enhanced.
    Well, my Para was about $750 brand new. The Ruger SR1911 is around $1200.

"Entry level enhanced" would be a good description but the Ruger is better made and would probably outperform my Para

LOL

Blog Entries

Well, my Para was about $750 brand new. The Ruger SR1911 is around $1200.

"Entry level enhanced" would be a good description but the Ruger is better made and would probably outperform my Para

LOL
    mine was only a little more than 1/2 that. is that another canada thing?

Uncle Tupelo

mine was only a little more than 1/2 that. is that another canada thing?
    It sure is, it's called an extremely shitty exchange rate! Last time I looked it was about $133 CAD to $100 USD

Then you have to add on importation fees and transportation fees and markup (prices differ somewhat from store to store) and that gives you the nasty price I found. It's worth noting I only checked one Canadian store for pricing on that Ruger .45 acp But I'd wager best price would still be in the $1100 range for that particular gun.

It's worth noting when I bought my Para our exchange rates were almost even a I probably only paid $100 to $200 more than it was worth in the US. Still, after sending it in for depot repair (because it was jamming rounds on the reload) under warranty, it's performed flawlessly ever since so all-in-all, I'm pleased with that purchase.

I picked up two Springfields over the weekend. A XD Mod2 9mm 3" barrel sub-compact and a XDm .40 3.8" barrel compact. Springfield is running a promotion for free mags and holsters, so I struck two off my buy list.
    Yay! Cigars!

Blog Entries

Turns out the heated seats I ordered for my car won't work with it, so I got a refund for that and picked up a Taurus Tracker .44 for the same price!

Blog Entries

Righteous re-allocation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncle Tupelo

Nice gun Eville

I need a new toy.
    I did pick up some reloading stuff but no new guns, i cant pick up any new calibers till i resupply my ammo that i shot up for what i have now.
    One range trip cost me around $200 in ammo but it was worth it.

I installed some night sights on my XDm; Trijicon HDs. I ended up having to file some off the front sight and took too much. I tried a dab of blue Loctite and found out over the weekend A) Blue is insufficient or B) A dab is insufficient. I used red and made sure to get a nice coating on the sight and in the grooves. I'll see how this holds up.

Now I'm saving up for a Sig P320 .45. I want to see about getting a Destiny themed cerakote finish done to it. Though, I may wait for Destiny 2 to drop and see what kind of themes they got going there. I'll have some more time to save up for the coating process. Needless to say, I have become a big Destiny fan in the last few months. I've been playing in a lot of my spare time and got my pre-order in for Destiny 2 on the Xbox.
    Yay! Cigars!

Red locktight damn it is not coming off ever.
    I would have used green.
    I only use red for something i will never have to take apart so it is fine for what you used it for unless you want to change the sights again.

I went to the range on Saturday, to try out my new Beretta PX4 Storm .40. It ended up being family day! As it was raining, so my dad and brother came as well. The Storm is my first dual action pistol and I was shooting pretty good with it. Rural King had a sale going on and Beretta had a rebate out for it as well; so it was good deal at just over $360.
    Yay! Cigars!

Thread Information