Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Owning Smokers

Love those steel J-Frames, and that Remington is just sexy.

So here's one of my toys ..... Bushmaster AR-15 A2 HBAR with a Knights Armament rail. I've decided that it's going to get two new uppers, an AR-57 (FN 5.7x28 shooter) and I'm going to reuse the barrel for an M16-A4 look with the flat style upper.

Bushmaster did some warranty work to it and really screwed up the barrel nut, so I'm going to remove/replace the gas block front site with a flat gas block and replace the nut when I do all this. The forward assist will get transplanted to the new upper, along with the BCG.

Kris

Quote Originally Posted by MarineOne View Post
    Love those steel J-Frames, and that Remington is just sexy.

So here's one of my toys ..... Bushmaster AR-15 A2 HBAR with a Knights Armament rail. I've decided that it's going to get two new uppers, an AR-57 (FN 5.7x28 shooter) and I'm going to reuse the barrel for an M16-A4 look with the flat style upper.

Bushmaster did some warranty work to it and really screwed up the barrel nut, so I'm going to remove/replace the gas block front site with a flat gas block and replace the nut when I do all this. The forward assist will get transplanted to the new upper, along with the BCG.

Kris
    Have you ever had to use the forward assist? In a fire fight it might be handy but otherwise I would eject a round that didn't chamber on it's own.
    If you get an urge for the untimate trigger you might look at Jewell Triggers. They build for Rem 700, AR15, Win 70 and some specific bench rest. Jewell is one of my accounts so of course I have their trigger on my HBAR Elite, Volquartzen10/22, and the 700 in the pic. They're a small company so they don't exploit a major website but I think I have at least an article I'll come back and post. You can search and find some testimonials about them. Many people just don't realize what a good trigger can do.

Here is an ad with a good pic of the trigger.
    http://buy.gearlodge.com/store/produ...7&cat=0&page=1
    Last edited by DeeDubya; 05-21-2009 at 09:33 AM.

I gots a Ruger P90 (.45), Mossy 500 Persuader, and Ruger M77 bolt action .308.
    Looking to pickup up a nice Springfield 1911. Soon....soon.
    Mossy for home defense of course.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDubya View Post
    Have you ever had to use the forward assist? In a fire fight it might be handy but otherwise I would eject a round that didn't chamber on it's own.
    If you get an urge for the untimate trigger you might look at Jewell Triggers. They build for Rem 700, AR15, Win 70 and some specific bench rest. Jewell is one of my accounts so of course I have their trigger on my HBAR Elite, Volquartzen10/22, and the 700 in the pic. They're a small company so they don't exploit a major website but I think I have at least an article I'll come back and post. You can search and find some testimonials about them. Many people just don't realize what a good trigger can do.

Here is an ad with a good pic of the trigger.
    http://buy.gearlodge.com/store/produ...7&cat=0&page=1
    I only used the forward assist on qual day at the rifle range, just to make sure the round was nice and comfortable. In a fire fight I would pull the charging handle, definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by visinedrip View Post
    I gots a Ruger P90 (.45), Mossy 500 Persuader, and Ruger M77 bolt action .308.
    Looking to pickup up a nice Springfield 1911. Soon....soon.
    Mossy for home defense of course.
    Sweet, another Ruger fan!
    All my ex's live in Texas.

Yeah I've used the forward assist, unfortunately more than once is too many.

I've been told I should get the left handed upper since I'm a southpaw, but after 6 years in the Corps there are some things you can't "un-learn".

Kris

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    You gotta remember that those M1 Garands had ZERO recoil padding.. just a metal butt-plate.

Try shooting 25 or 30 3-1/2" 12-guage turkey shells! You will definately feel that in the morning!
    sorry to jump into the conversation really late here, was just reading through the thread, the thing that keeps the recoil down on the M1 Garand is the sheer weight of the thing, it's downright heavy, I put the 8 rounds through it without much of a problem.

And yes 3-1/2 inch turkey loads are mean, especially in a non-gas operated gun. ick. Tell ya what though, if you wanna kill a turkey, a 3-1/2 inch load with an extra full choke is just wicked. You may was well be shooting a really large single projectile.

I'll have to get a picture up of my sks, absolutely love takin' that gun out for a good day of just blasting stuff. Virtually no recoil with decent range and decent knockdown power. Finding 7.62x39 ammo is all but impossible these days though.

Here's my baby.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1130.jpg 
Views:	491 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	1033  
    All my ex's live in Texas.

My two handguns. My Colt New Frontier .22mag for target and rodents, and my CZ75.

I also have a few shotguns for bird hunting, and a couple of bows for deer.

Blog Entries

Hey Barry,

Which gun are you holding in this photo?

TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Same one as in this pic.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinDVM View Post
    Same one as in this pic.

LMFAO!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Lmfao !!!!!

I have a small collection of guns. When I turned 21 I bought a Beretta U22 Neos .22 LR pistol. It was a nice little gun that I put a RedDot scope on. Lots of fun. Then school got tough and I stopped going to the range. About a year ago I went to a gun raffle and won a Taurus PT1911 .45 ACP pistol. That ignited my love for guns once again. Since then I have added the following to my collection.

CZ P-01 9mm
    Remington 700 SPS Tactical .308 w/ Bushnell 3200 Elite Tactical scope
    Remington 870 Tactical 12-gauge (plan on getting a skeet barrel for it someday)
    Ruger 10/22 that I modified quite a bit
    Del-ton AR-15

The AR-15 is still on order. I have the lower receiver and am waiting on the upper and lower kit. It's supposedly coming this week or the next.

I really enjoy shooting targets. I'm fairly lucky because I have a lot of places to go shooting. My father's cousin has an offical ATA trap range on his property that we can shoot clay pigeons whenever we want. There is a state owned shooting range about 10 minutes from where I live. And my friend's dad is a retired police officer that teaches a self-defense course. He has given my friend and I some personal lesson at the indoor range where the cops go to train and qualify. I learned a crapload from him.
    Last edited by TravPSU; 07-14-2009 at 02:04 PM.
    Each day I break my previous record of consecutive days alive.

Just in case anyone in the current administration is reading this, I sold everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    Just in case anyone in the current administration is reading this, I sold everything!
    Oh, you have nothing to worry about Mark - there will be no "spying" on personal liberties with the current administration!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Oh, you have nothing to worry about Mark - there will be no "spying" on personal liberties with the current administration!!!
    Wow! That's good to know! Not that I'm worried, of course...

Blog Entries

I'm starting to save my pennies now.....

Local sporting goods shop has this for $300 below MSRP.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

If you miss, the muzzle blast should still rupture some organs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    I'm starting to save my pennies now.....

Local sporting goods shop has this for $300 below MSRP.
    Dude,

I understand you're a big guy, but that Mofo is gonna sting.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Thread Information