Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Owning Smokers

Default I shoot and I smoke and I vote

I have many guns and enjoy shooting. Don't usually smoke when I am shooting, not that good of a multi-tasker. Love to talk about both though.
    Bruce

Blog Entries

Welcome from Bitterville (maybe I should say a belated welcome)

Will
    Last edited by badwhale; 02-24-2011 at 11:36 PM.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Not that I'm bragging but my wife loves me!

She bought me a $500.00 gift certificate for x'mas at an indoor range/gun shop in the big city. So I turned that (and a bit of cash) into a Ruger Mark III Hunter .22

My hunting partner and good friend owns two Mark I's and a (forget the brand name) single action .22/.22 magnum he brought when we went to pick mine up.

I bought a speed loader for his Mark I's last year and ordered one for myself and we blew through 1500 rounds in about 2 hours.

If you'll pardon the pun, we had a blast!

Now I really can't wait until spring is here and I can get down to my local outdoor range (safely) so I can really get some use out of this new toy.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Sweet deal, she really does love you.

garryyjr Guest

I currently only have one gun. S&W Sigma 40VE. First gun I owned. Love it and love shooting it whenever I can. (wife is a better shot than me ... Stays on her side at night.. )

This site was fun. Not sure if you guys have been there but it was fun to play with the options.

http://www.ar15builder.com/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    This site was fun. Not sure if you guys have been there but it was fun to play with the options.

http://www.ar15builder.com/
    That's probably the coolest website I've ever seen. I can't stop building AR-15's. I can't make them much cheaper than $3200, though.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

I don't know enough to build by the piece so I'm only picking complete lowers/uppers.

Edit,

found some instructions here

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782
    Last edited by nhcigarfan; 06-11-2011 at 08:55 AM.

Some of mine...

What happened here? He fell down the stairs & broke his penis!

10. Default

Beautiful...................

Is that a S & W .44 on the extreme right hand side??

Mark

yes sir!

Ruger M77 300 Win Mag, 1970's Remington 1100 (My Grandfather's), modified Remington 870. Also that's a 45 Para Ordnance I keep in my desk at work.

Funny story about that 1100, I let a good friend borrow it and he called me Sunday apologizing and saying he broke it somehow when he was cleaning it. There is a local guy whose great with guns, so I called him and told him what had happened. He's 85-90 years old and informed me that those guns don't break unless the owner did something wrong. He fixed it for $7.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	user12671_pic20821_1308147188.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	2452   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	user12671_pic20822_1308147887.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	2453  

So my little brother is a cop. He recently made the tactical squad. This means he gets some new toys. Specifically, an HK MP5 and a (Canada) Colt 5.56 rifle. Both are full auto of course. The MP5 is the "old" issue and they're moving to the "new" 5.56 rifle. Because the HK MP5 is 9mm, they also use SIG 9mm sidearms. The standard issue for their police "service" is a Glock 22 in .40

My brother did the sniper training a few months back and recently got issued his sniper rifle which he picked and accessorised himself. All I know for sure at this point is, it's a .308 and it has high-end optics.

Near the big city he lives (and works) in is a range that has rifle targets at 100, 200, and on out to 700 yards. My local range only has 100 and 200. So, I was going to go to the city (it's about an hour and a half drive from where I live) and bring my hunting rifles (also .308's) and go to that range with him so I could check out the mildot's on my scope and do test fires all the way out to 700 yards so that if opportunity presents in the fall, I can shoot accurately/comfortably, out to 700 yards. It's worth noting that I have a ballistics chart, from the manufacturer, for the ammo I hunt with and can, and have, made accurate shots out to 500 yards in the past. It's 600 and 700 I most want to get some range time on.

However, the range is doing some construction and the rifle side is only open for 100, 200, and 300 yards. Bummer! It's not worth it for me to go there if it's only open to 300 yards. My .308 is sited in dead on at 250 yards. Which means my holdover at 300 is about 2 inches.......lol.........and doesn't help me figure out exact ranges for the mildots. We decided on him coming here and us going to my range.

He can't bring the full auto's, or the squads .50 cal sniper rifle up here (he'll take me to the range with him in the city later in the summer to shoot all of those)........but he is bringing both handguns and his sniper rifle and a large quantity of ammo for all the above!

I of course will be bringing my 1911A .45 acp and my Ruger Mark III Hunter .22 as well as my two .308 hunting rifles.

I only have one thing to say to that and it is: WOOHOO

LOL

After the range, we'll sit and relax over a nice cigar........................

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    So my little brother is a cop. He recently made the tactical squad. This means he gets some new toys. Specifically, an HK MP5 and a (Canada) Colt 5.56 rifle. Both are full auto of course. The MP5 is the "old" issue and they're moving to the "new" 5.56 rifle. Because the HK MP5 is 9mm, they also use SIG 9mm sidearms. The standard issue for their police "service" is a Glock 22 in .40

My brother did the sniper training a few months back and recently got issued his sniper rifle which he picked and accessorised himself. All I know for sure at this point is, it's a .308 and it has high-end optics.
    Your bro is RCMP?

I currently own a Marlin .30-30 lever gun for wild hogs and a Taurus Millennium Pro PT145 for a personal carry. I am looking for a duck gun right now, the Stoeger Model 2000 12 Gauge looks nice.

Quote Originally Posted by themadwacker1 View Post
    Your bro is RCMP?
    No he lives in Edmonton and works for EPS (Edmonton Police Service)....but I do know a couple RCMP's too..........lol

I've said it before, I'll say it again.......I'm a lucky SOB and my wife loves me!

For my b'day this year (coming up in April but she'll be away so she gave me my present early) she gave me a $1,000.00 gift certificate for my favorite gun shop in the big city. We went in to town yesterday to do some other shopping and stopped at the gun shop.

I was really hoping to pick up a Ruger Blackhawk or Vaquero single action combination .45 Long Colt/.45 ACP. However, they had none in stock and while they would have been happy to place an order for one for me, the told me straight up, it would be months and months on back order. Like the Ruger SR1911, they (Ruger) can't manufacture them fast enough to keep up with demand so the wait on back orders is lengthy. I wanted the combination because I have a 1911 A1 already and would rather keep the number of different calibers down to the bare minimum and the combination would allow me to run .45 ACP's through it.

In the showcase they also had a lovely Ruger Single Six in stainless with cocobolo grips and well, I had to buy it. It's the combination .22/.22 magnum (two separate interchangeable cylinders right) and I've always wanted one of them too.

So now I have two stainless Ruger's with cocobolo grips. My Mark III Hunter, which is a LOT of fun to shoot and deadly accurate up to 50 yards, and my new Single Six. Now all I need to do is find a good western style holster for the single action and I can go all cowboy at the range.........LOL

Oh, on a side note, a while back I saw a XiKar cutter for sale that was stainless with cocobolo wood on it and had to buy it. That'll be the one I take to the range with me..........LOL

18. Default

I just placed an order for something real sweeeeet...My secret though. Be ready in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    I just placed an order for something real sweeeeet...My secret though. Be ready in a few months.
    LOL - you know I'm going to want to hear what you're getting.......picture's would be nice too!

I picked up a cheap Remington 770 300 Win Mag, while at Walmart yesterday for $272.
    It was a impulse buy for the price it will make a fun toy.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Thread Information