Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Owning Smokers

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    Agreed! Would love to come visit and go to the range and try a few out!

We could sit and smoke cigars and clean guns afterwards (one of my favorite times to have a cigar actually)

I bet your crate is every bit as effective as my box for storage. We have to have our ammo locked up separately or I'd just keep mine in my locking gun cabinet.
    Getting drunk tonight and smoking a hex from the last trade, headed to the range in the morning.
    Friend of mine wants to shot his webley mark 3 revolver that we worked up a load for and i want to work on my hangover shooting skills. nothing like a 300 win mag going off with a hangover.
    God i hope we do not blow up a 130 year old gun, we were a little drunk when we loaded the ammo.

Any time you are down this way let me know i am always up for a range trip.
    Last edited by Mangyrat; 02-26-2016 at 09:00 PM.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    Here is a video of shorts its not out of a 121 but damn near the same sound.
    It like having a suppressed gun but no tax stamp needed.

He has my rifle....I bout one just like that when I was 14 years old from my art teacher at school. Those were the days. Gun buys in the school parking lot, from a teacher no less. lol Great shooting little gun. I will pass it on to my youngest son when my roll is called up yonder.
    May your ashes be long and your smoke be plentiful...

Getting drunk tonight and smoking a hex from the last trade, headed to the range in the morning.
    Friend of mine wants to shot his webley mark 3 revolver that we worked up a load for and i want to work on my hangover shooting skills. nothing like a 300 win mag going off with a hangover.
    God i hope we do not blow up a 130 year old gun, we were a little drunk when we loaded the ammo.

Any time you are down this way let me know i am always up for a range trip.
    Hope you had a good time at the range! How'd the Webley stand up to the loads?

I'm hoarding 2 of those Hex's, saving them for summer when it's warm out and I can sit on my deck in the sun and sip sweet tea and take my time with it. I'm also looking forward to a range trip when it warms up and the snow melts!

Right back at you btw..........if you're ever this far north, just call and we'll go smoking/shooting.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Well i keep doing stupid stuff.

I had a brain fart and decided i need one of them new pellet guns to shoot in the back yard.
    I had bb guns my entire life and kind of missed plinking away with them in the yard.

They are not toys any more i went with a crosman phantom 22 cal and the damn thing shots threw my crossbow target and dint's the hell out of the hard plastic trashcans.
    I am fairly sure my ass is grass the ricochets from the trashcan behind the target were pinging off the wife's car parked on the other side of the yard.
    Now that i read the instructions i find out they make 2 versions of this gun one that is 450fps for Canada and this one is up to 950fps for the USA.

Yep printed right on the box 950fps maybe i need to start reading before i jump in. that is almost what a 22 short travels at.
    Last edited by Mangyrat; 04-07-2016 at 10:44 PM.

Well i keep doing stupid stuff.

I had a brain fart and decided i need one of them new pellet guns to shoot in the back yard.
    I had bb guns my entire life and kind of missed plinking away with them in the yard.

They are not toys any more i went with a crosman phantom 22 cal and the damn thing shots threw my crossbow target and dint's the hell out of the hard plastic trashcans.
    I am fairly sure my ass is grass the ricochets from the trashcan behind the target were pinging off the wife's car parked on the other side of the yard.
    Now that i read the instructions i find out they make 2 versions of this gun one that is 450fps for Canada and this one is up to 950fps for the USA.

Yep printed right on the box 950fps maybe i need to start reading before i jump in. that is almost what a 22 short travels at.

LOL

I think we've all been guilty of not reading thoroughly enough from time to time.

A buddy of mine tells the story of shooting his new pellet rifle in the house into a cardboard box leaning against his front door. He pulled the
    box away to discover they went right through it and stuck in the door. He had some explaining to do to his wife.......LOL

Here's hoping there are no marks on the car!

Our snow is melting fast so I'm hoping to be able to get down to the range to shoot in the next couple of weeks. I have a scope to mount
    in the mean time so I think I'll take care of that this weekend!

Picked up a new gun again.

TAURUS MODEL 85 REVOLVER .38 SPECIAL +P 2” in stainless steel.
    Its small enough that my wife may shoot it so i am thinking it will be her truck/car gun.

Started collecting parts for a new AR pistol build after i found a lower i forgot about till i was cleaning out gun cabinet looking for a holster i misplaced.
    Other than that all i have been doing is collecting reloading supply's.

I am back on gun restriction again also. she said something about i have a problem when i cant pass up a deal on a gun and she also wanted to know how many guns i actually need.
    Apparently all of them is not the correct answer.

Blog Entries

38 Special +P. Nice gun!

How many guns do you need, Gregg?
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    38 Special +P. Nice gun!

How many guns do you need, Gregg?

Apparently 1 less than i have.
    After the news today she is really thinking she wants the 38 for her car, so i am back on her good side again.

Blog Entries

Mangy, I think your disease is contagious. I walked in to sports authority today to check out their going out of business sale. Walked to the back because I saw some guns, wasn't expecting much. Got there and found that all of their guns and ammo was 20% off normal prices. Walked out with a Tikka T3 Lite in 300 WSM for $599 and a Taurus Model 65 .357 with a4 inch barrel for $359.

Quote Originally Posted by Eville View Post
    Mangy, I think your disease is contagious. I walked in to sports authority today to check out their going out of business sale. Walked to the back because I saw some guns, wasn't expecting much. Got there and found that all of their guns and ammo was 20% off normal prices. Walked out with a Tikka T3 Lite in 300 WSM for $599 and a Taurus Model 65 .357 with a4 inch barrel for $359.
    Nice Wheel gun now you have me thinking i need a 357.
    Ammo storage is getting out of hand i may be able to stack it 2 more high then i have to get a cabinet or it will fall over.

Last edited by Mangyrat; 06-18-2016 at 11:15 AM.

Blog Entries

That box will hurt something awful if it falls on your foot.

I went and did it again. Went back to sports authority and bought their last Benelli Nova. I needed to add a 12 ga to my collection anyway. Now I just need to get some glass for the T3

That box will hurt something awful if it falls on your foot.

I went and did it again. Went back to sports authority and bought their last Benelli Nova. I needed to add a 12 ga to my collection anyway. Now I just need to get some glass for the T3
    Yep at around 40 LB per box they will hurt if i drop them.

I do like the Benelli Nova's, they are basically the same as the Stoeger P350 i have and its a great shot gun.
    Last time i was in PSA they had striped 1911 frames so i am thinking i will build one after i finish the last AR.
    Gun collecting gets expensive fast.

Blog Entries

Right?! I went out to Bass Pro and picked up some glass for my 300 WSM. Ended up with a Leupold VX-R 4-12x40. I think I'll be pretty happy with it.

That scope has me interested with the Eye Relief: 5-3.7" And the Reticle: Ballistic FireDot, i need to check it out.
    I do need a new one for my 300 win mag getting tired of knocking my glasses off my face every trigger pull.

Blog Entries

The Firedot reticle is pretty nice. Essentially just illuminates a small red dot at the center of the crosshairs, adjustable brightness bright-dim with a setting that slowly runs it everywhere in between so it kind of pulses. the rim on the eyepiece is rubber so even if it hits me, I doubt it will break skin. Mine has the ballistic dots. I'll let you know how those work out.

Blog Entries

Well, got it zeroed to 100m yesterday. I only hit my eyepro once, and just a little bit with the magnification set to 14x. It took me a full 20 rounds and a very sore shoulder, but it's dead on now.

Lucky you i fired over 40 rounds in the 300 win mag back when i was swamping scopes out just to get it on paper at 100 yards "i had a scope ring not tight".
    I was lucky a friend was with me and we were taking turns getting the crap beat out of us.

Well, got it zeroed to 100m yesterday. I only hit my eyepro once, and just a little bit with the magnification set to 14x. It took me a full 20 rounds and a very sore shoulder, but it's dead on now.

Lucky you i fired over 40 rounds in the 300 win mag back when i was swamping scopes out just to get it on paper at 100 yards "i had a scope ring not tight".
    I was lucky a friend was with me and we were taking turns getting the crap beat out of us.

I bought a Caldwell Lead Sled some years back for sighting in rifles. Even a .308 or 30-06 will beat up your should if you put enough rounds through it. The sled takes most of the recoil away and provides a very steady rest. Once I'm zeroed, then I shoot off my bipod or freehand. My hunting partner has an older bore sighter (Bushnell if I'm remembering correctly) and I find it saves ammo if I use it. It won't give me a zero dead on, but will put that first round on the paper and usually within 8" of center. Typically I'm using less than 10 rounds to get my zero set.

I put the replacement scope on my backup Savage 99 this spring without the bore sight and the first round was nearly off the paper at 25 yards so it took closer to 20 to zero. I think I put about 8 rounds through it at 25 to get it where I wanted it then checked at 100 yards to be sure.

Oh, I had put some flip up lens covers on my Swarovski and ended up removing the eye piece cover because every time I fired it, the cover slapped me over my eye. It got annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    I bought a Caldwell Lead Sled some years back for sighting in rifles. Even a .308 or 30-06 will beat up your should if you put enough rounds through it. The sled takes most of the recoil away and provides a very steady rest. Once I'm zeroed, then I shoot off my bipod or freehand. My hunting partner has an older bore sighter (Bushnell if I'm remembering correctly) and I find it saves ammo if I use it. It won't give me a zero dead on, but will put that first round on the paper and usually within 8" of center. Typically I'm using less than 10 rounds to get my zero set.

I put the replacement scope on my backup Savage 99 this spring without the bore sight and the first round was nearly off the paper at 25 yards so it took closer to 20 to zero. I think I put about 8 rounds through it at 25 to get it where I wanted it then checked at 100 yards to be sure.

Oh, I had put some flip up lens covers on my Swarovski and ended up removing the eye piece cover because every time I fired it, the cover slapped me over my eye. It got annoying.
    The funny thing is i have a cheap plastic bench rest thing you add weight 25# lead shot to it but never use it and a lazer bore sighter that is lost somewhere in my shed.
    When its time to go to the range i forget half the stuff i should be bringing.
    Last trip i even forgot to bring targets so ended up shooting water bottles at 100 yards and used up all my friends targets for pistol shooting at 20 yards.
    As long as i bring guns and ammo ill find something to shoot at.

I did get a new belt from http://www.hanksbelts.com/ , my old belt was 20 years old and wore out bad, kind of embarrassing to use.

4th of July sale and i only picked up a belt no new guns.

The funny thing is i have a cheap plastic bench rest thing you add weight 25# lead shot to it but never use it and a lazer bore sighter that is lost somewhere in my shed.
    When its time to go to the range i forget half the stuff i should be bringing.
    Last trip i even forgot to bring targets so ended up shooting water bottles at 100 yards and used up all my friends targets for pistol shooting at 20 yards.
    As long as i bring guns and ammo ill find something to shoot at.

I did get a new belt from http://www.hanksbelts.com/ , my old belt was 20 years old and wore out bad, kind of embarrassing to use.

4th of July sale and i only picked up a belt no new guns.
    LOL - Don't sound so disappointed, I'm sure your better half was happy that's all you came back from the sale with!

We don't get to CC around here. I think our cops are too scared of being embarrassed. But I would if I could.

I have a big carry case I picked up at a gun auction for like $5 that has most of my accessories in it. Glasses, hearing protection, stapler and staples, shoulder holster for my 1911, bore snake etc etc. I also keep my targets in there as well, rolled up inside a rubber band. As long as I bring that, I have most of what I need. I keep my ammo can filled at all times and the only thing I need to remember other than the box and can is of course, guns, my belt/holster for the 1911 and the sled if I'm sighting in. I was really hoping to get out to the range this weekend but I still have too much to do after returning last Saturday from our vacation. Maybe next weekend!

Thread Information