Thread: Legends Series ?

Default Legends Series ?

I was browsing Cbid today and came across the Legends Series. Here is their description of what it is.

The Legends Series is a very special project that has grown enormously in popularity among our customers, as well as our suppliers. Rewind to the past, we asked 4 of the world’s top cigar makers to create the best damn cigar they could, with two constraints. 1) Each cigar had to be 5.75” x 54 in size and 2) the cigar has to retail under $5 per cigar. It became free game, as each maker did the rest of the work, comprising a blend that he felt was the ultimate handmade, dollar for dollar. Since this time, 4 more top-notch makers have joined in the fun, with several others chomping at the bits to accompany them. That’s Legends, a “best of the best” collection of boutique beauties that epitomize the cigar industry’s true talent.

I'm just wondering if anyone has tried these, and if they are as good as the cigar maker's own blends. I was looking particularly at the Comacho.

2. Default

I do not care for them and I have tried most of them. IMHO
    The older I get ,the better I was

A cigar at less than $5 is a dead giveaway...

Blog Entries

Some aren't too bad, provided you get them for around $35.00 or so.

I'm into a box of the orange label Rocky Patel legends, decent enough yard gars.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

5. Default

Snob. LOL
    The older I get ,the better I was

If you're looking for a nice cigar at less than $5 - look at the Padron 1000 series...

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    If you're looking for a nice cigar at less than $5 - look at the Padron 1000 series...
    I agree. Hard to beat in that price range.

I busted out a box of RP Rosado Toros yesterday. First one wouldn't draw and I ended up tossing it. They're very nice looking sticks, maybe just rolled too tight.

Sorry, I had to come back on this one. Those are the 2000 I'm thinking about. They're around $105/bx ($4/ea). I haven't tried the Padron 1000. AMOF I haven't ever even heard of a 1000.
    Last edited by DeeDubya; 06-01-2009 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Brain Fart

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDubya View Post
    I agree. Hard to beat in that price range.

I busted out a box of RP Rosado Toros yesterday. First one wouldn't draw and I ended up tossing it. They're very nice looking sticks, maybe just rolled too tight.

Sorry, I had to come back on this one. Those are the 2000 I'm thinking about. They're around $105/bx ($4/ea). I haven't tried the Padron 1000. AMAF I haven't ever even heard of a 1000.
    I believe that George is referring to the entire line......2000 / 3000/ 4000 etc as the 1000 series.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    I believe that George is referring to the entire line......2000 / 3000/ 4000 etc as the 1000 series.
    Oh duh, I think you have made a reasonable assumption since he did say "series".

I've had all of them except the black label (La Aurora). The orange (Patel) and the yellow (Pepin) are the only decent sticks. The green (Reyes) isn't horrible for a mild smoke. However, I would not pay $5/piece for any of them. If you can find a deal where you're only paying $2-$3/piece it might be worth it. You can do far better for $5...

Oh duh, I think you have made a reasonable assumption since he did say "series".
    Sorry - I thought I was being clear - but I can see where it would be confusing... Yes - I was talking about the 2000, 3000, etc. line.

Those are my absolute favorite sub-$5 smoke. I'd take them over a whole lot of $10-20 cigars.

The RP Rosado Toros are very nice - although I'm not sure why you had draw issues. That's not really typical of RP stuff - but every so often one or two will slip through. And I just HATE it when it happens. I've personally had WAY more trouble with draw issues on ISOM's than I've had with NC's. I don't care what you do to fix it - the cigar just does not smoke right. I've given up - I just toss the smoke and grab another...

[QUOTE= I don't care what you do to fix it - the cigar just does not smoke right. I've given up - I just toss the smoke and grab another...[/QUOTE]

On occasion (and it can happen to some of the best) I'll have one that's just a little tight and am able to "fix" it by gently rolling it at the tight spot. This one I thought was at the head so I clipped about 2" off and still nothing. For me a hard draw just ruins everything. It even changes what I taste. I have no tolorance for a hard draw.

On occasion (and it can happen to some of the best) I'll have one that's just a little tight and am able to "fix" it by gently rolling it at the tight spot. This one I thought was at the head so I clipped about 2" off and still nothing. For me a hard draw just ruins everything. It even changes what I taste. I have no tolorance for a hard draw.

I've used a cigar poker to "open" up a plugged cigar. It does work okay - just not to my liking at all. I've also rolled the tight spot - same thing. No matter what I do - it just does not smoke the way I like it . I love to have tons of smoke coming through...

I completely agree with you guys. So far my favorite Sub-$5 cigar has been the Oliva Serie G. The construction is perfect and i have never had one with a hard draw. I just bought a few Sol Cubano Maduros made by Oliva, so I will have to post a review and compare them.

Blog Entries

I got a 5er of the Red label (Perdomo?) and have really enjoyed them.

Thread Information