Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie Saying HI

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Talking Newbie Saying HI

Hi everyone. Very first time on the site, yep I am a newbie, but love cigars. Looking forward to getting in on one of the sampler deals after I get a coolidor setup.

Blog Entries

Welcome to the board.

Blog Entries

Default Thanks

Thanks. So what do you like to smoke?

welcome from North Carolina.

Blog Entries

Not too often you hear of anyone from John Day. I used to live in Bend - moved to northwest Louisiana (where I was raised) in December. I did love it there, but it was hard to find work. That, and my wife was frozen for 7 months out of the year. But if we were in different financial circumstances, at any time in our life, I'd definitely reconsider moving back. It was so beautiful there.

Welcome to the boards.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Thanks. So what do you like to smoke?
    My dailies are Opus X , Ashton VSG, and Davidoff milleniums. I'll splurge on the weekends and have a 40th or 80th padron in the mix, along with a Behike or two.

*****ALARM GOES OFF*****

I like padron, tat, JDN, DPG, etc......no flavoreds or Macadoodles.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    Not too often you hear of anyone from John Day. I used to live in Bend - moved to northwest Louisiana (where I was raised) in December. I did love it there, but it was hard to find work. That, and my wife was frozen for 7 months out of the year. But if we were in different financial circumstances, at any time in our life, I'd definitely reconsider moving back. It was so beautiful there.

Welcome to the boards.
    Ok, well........nevermind, too easy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Ok, well........nevermind, too easy.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Default Thanks everyone

Thanks everyone. I am looking at getting some sticks for a buck (bundles) and I was wondering what you thought of them? Have you had any opportunities to try? And if you have are there certain brands to stay away from? I thought buck a stick bundles would be a nice way to make a collection.

Welcome from East TN. Good luck finding a bundle cigar that's going to consistently make you happy. I'd take $100 and put it towards a newb sampler or go to a well stocked B&M and grab anything that looks appealing...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Artyman1200 View Post
    Welcome from East TN. Good luck finding a bundle cigar that's going to consistently make you happy. I'd take $100 and put it towards a newb sampler or go to a well stocked B&M and grab anything that looks appealing...
    Ditto. At first, the temptation is there. But when you are smoking your 25th dog rocket, quantity doesn't look nearly as nice as quality at that point. I know you don't have a B&M anywhere close to you. Newbie Sampler Thread.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Thanks everyone. I am looking at getting some sticks for a buck (bundles) and I was wondering what you thought of them? Have you had any opportunities to try? And if you have are there certain brands to stay away from? I thought buck a stick bundles would be a nice way to make a collection.
    Roger,

My plan of recent has been to pair a decent $box (maybe $60-$90) with a bundle of cheapies ($30-40). This has built part of my collection, and keeps me from delving into the nicer stuff all the time.

Word to the wise: One person's favorite, is undoubetly someone else's most hated.

Will

PS: Welcome to the board!
    Last edited by badwhale; 06-05-2009 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Forgot the "welcome"
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Default I think I will stick with premium samplers

That is what I kind of thought. Perhaps it would be better to stick to premium samplers, or get fiver packs from some of the sites I have been on. I have been looking a lot! But I have not been buying yet because I don't have but a small humi bag that can hold 10-12 cigars. I have tried a few different smokes, and I have liked them all, except some have been too strong. Like the on Padilla I had. And, I don't have a very developed palate when it comes to these things either because I don't smoke everyday. So what can I say. Just looking for some good advice.

Rodger please rethink the1$ bundles because your palate will change as you gain experience and you'll have a bunch of crappy cigars taking up space. i agree with brothers posts before me try the newbie sampler.find what you like then order quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    My plan of recent has been to pair a decent $box (maybe $60-$90) with a bundle of cheapies ($30-40). This has built part of my collection, and keeps me from delving into the nicer stuff all the time.
    Oh, I love delving. Don't ever resist the urge to delve! I try to delve on every cigar. Delve till you're broke...and then delve some more...

Blog Entries

Welcome from Ottawa, Canada!

Cheap bundles: Flor de Oliva is one to consider. Try the FdO Gold if you find Padilla too strong (just to check - are you inhaling? If so, consider stopping). I went through a few different bundles from Famous and CI (not all of them, but a fair number) and FdO was the only one that I bought a second time (but not a third ).

Consuegra is another bundle to consider if you like the cigars that they're 'from.' However, it does take a bit of research to figure out which numbers to get, and what you're getting.

That being said, the only bundles I buy now are from Cuba .
    Last edited by craig; 06-05-2009 at 04:05 PM.
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Artyman1200 View Post
    Oh, I love delving. Don't ever resist the urge to delve! I try to delve on every cigar. Delve till you're broke...and then delve some more...
    I see you're another corrupter.... Join the club

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Hi everyone. Very first time on the site, yep I am a newbie, but love cigars. Looking forward to getting in on one of the sampler deals after I get a coolidor setup.
    Excellent move! Good to see you're jumping right in. It's way too easy to outgrow small humis when you're a member of a cigar board.

Welcome.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Welcome from Pennsylvania. There is a lot of good information on these boards Search & read & have fun.

Don't be afraid to stock your humi with some cheapies. You may need to give them to "friends" who don't regularly smoke cigars but always want you to supply them when they show up. I use a box of La Fincas for this purpose. Works like a charm.

Thread Information