Thread: Bringing Back Cigars from Overseas Trips

1. Default Bringing Back Cigars from Overseas Trips

About to take a trip to Europe and would love to bring some smokes back with me. Any tips for
    a) getting them through the door? Probably only have a big backpack with me, although I will be checking it.
    b) what I should be looking for at point of purchase to make sure they are real and not knockoffs?
    c) what can I expect to spend on some decent but not amazing cuban cigars?

Thanks in advance for the help.

It's illegal for a us citizen to have a cuban out of the country, even in Cuba.

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    It's illegal for a us citizen to have a cuban out of the country, even in Cuba.
    I thought the embargo made it illegal for a US citizen to support the Cuban economy in any way, not to posses Cuban items.

If while traveling overseas a kind BOTL gave a US citizen a ISOM would he not be able to smoke or bring it back?
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvin View Post
    I thought the embargo made it illegal for a US citizen to support the Cuban economy in any way, not to posses Cuban items.

If while traveling overseas a kind BOTL gave a US citizen a ISOM would he not be able to smoke or bring it back?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by biltritewave View Post
    About to take a trip to Europe and would love to bring some smokes back with me. Any tips for
    a) getting them through the door? Probably only have a big backpack with me, although I will be checking it.
    b) what I should be looking for at point of purchase to make sure they are real and not knockoffs?

...and Customs does not have a sense of humor about such things.

6. Default

I don't think we are allowed to talk about such things on this board.

We can discuss it openly as we are but answers are sent only via pm.

Blog Entries

How dedicated are you?

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by biltritewave View Post

The crop that is raised in the Vuelta Abajo section in the western part of the country is where some of the world's finest tobacco is grown. And the torcedores who roll the cigars are masters. Their trade has been passed down for generations.

S.Mani
    Cigar Matches

Thread Information