Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling out Artyman

Default Calling out Artyman

On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the most fucked up, you're about at a 7. You're shitting all over the board in general, and specifically the participants of the PuroPot Pass. I would say "other" participants, but that would imply that you were one of the participants and you haven't participated with any integrity, which puts you more in the category of egocentric, arrogant asshole rather than participant. Others have been pretty goddamn polite, letting your shit slide, hoping you'd pull your head out of your ass, but, for what it's worth, that's over as far I'm concerned.

The guy running the pass generously allowed you to join at a late date after you asked:

Quote Originally Posted by Artyman1200 View Post
    Make it 4. I missed the Spring Draft and I just gotta get in on something! Plus, who wouldn't want the chance to get a disgusting/perverse/hilarious sigtag
    One would think that after being given what amounts to special permission you'd be putting in the effort to reciprocate the goodwill of the other participants.

But no, you posted this on or about 6/9:

Got the package yesterday. I'll try and smoke it today or tomorrow...get that 'winner' sig tag ready to go...
    And then a week later, you insult the board with this bullshit:

Hey guys, I had to go out of town and I didn't get a chance to smoke the puro before I left. I do have it with me and I plan on smoking it tomorrow. I wasn't trying to blow anybody off, but I do have my priorities. Sorry I left everybody hanging. It wasn't my intention...
    Of course you have priorities, and having priorities is not the problem. The problem is your disregard for any kind of timely communication, and your lack of acknowledgment of the same, even after it was pointed out to you. So, leaving people hanging was exactly your intention. That's like sucker punching someone and then saying, 'whoops, I didn't mean to do that.' Action requires thought no matter how compulsive and poorly attended to, and your lameass apology holds no water.

And finally, you come up with this little gem:

Alright, the moment you've all been waiting for... blah, blah, blah . . . Sorry again for my little disappearing act...I was considering taking all those high dollar smokes and heading for the border
    More cavalier bullshit. Again, nobody cares that you "disappeared". Just give somebody a heads up. All this amounts to is you blowing another chance to apologize for zero communication.

And now, you've "disappeared" again, no doubt thinking you can come in here whenever and throw some more bullshit around and get away with it.

Fuck that. You don't get it. The only way you can fix this, IMO, is to send the cigars, hope like hell they don't get lost, apologize, and then STFU for a long while, or better, just get off the board and stay off.

I just hope the very small gap between bullshit artist and thief is a little further than you're willing to jump.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

What's his address? We should give him a call.

Screw the pooch, and then wipe your private parts off on the owners leg???

Bad move...

Purely classless
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Blog Entries

It's a fuckin' shame. Slack was given and you hung yourself with it.

What were the contents of the prize pack?

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    What were the contents of the prize pack?
    Eville was the last to win, so that leaves BWA and Mrtr33 prize sticks, plus Artyman's 3.
    "This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it." - V

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FactoredReality View Post
    Eville was the last to win, so that leaves BWA and Mrtr33 prize sticks, plus Artyman's 3.
    Actually, Eville won, but put 3. BWA put 3, I put 3, and Artyman1200 should have put 3. We're talking about a dozen sticks.

I'm disappointed this contest ended this way. Sorry to everyone who played that it ended up like this.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    Actually, Eville won, but put 3. BWA put 3, I put 3, and Artyman1200 should have put 3. We're talking about a dozen sticks.

I'm disappointed this contest ended this way. Sorry to everyone who played that it ended up like this.
    You have no reason to apologize. This was an excellent pass that was a blast for all who particpated.....and everyone else who laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    You have no reason to apologize. This was an excellent pass that was a blast for all who particpated.....and everyone else who laughed.
    Agreed
    "This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it." - V

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

phucktard

Make things right. Get those smoke out! No reason to hold on to them for this long. Takes only a few minutes to tape the box shut and label it. Then a few more to send it out. Hell the post office will pick right up if you paid online.

DG
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

I generally didn't read any of the above posts, because I can only guess...

I apologize for bad communication and for not replying to senior members of this board.
    I apologize for not doing things in a timely manner.

The sticks will go out tomorrow once I get a verification from Mark on the addy. This turned out not to be a good time for me to get involved in the pass. I should have exercised better discretion and planning. Yes, there is a total of 12 sticks. I know this has hurt my reputation, but it's not fair to write me off as some douchebag. I screwed up and I admit it.

Dan

I apologize for bad communication and for not replying to senior members of this board.
    I apologize for not doing things in a timely manner.

The sticks will go out tomorrow once I get a verification from Mark on the addy. This turned out not to be a good time for me to get involved in the pass. I should have exercised better discretion and planning. Yes, there is a total of 12 sticks. I know this has hurt my reputation, but it's not fair to write me off as some douchebag. I screwed up and I admit it.

Dan
    Big mistake x2.

That was just an admission that I already knew I screwed up, not a sign of disrespect.

I apologized. That's all I can do.

That was just an admission that I already knew I screwed up, not a sign of disrespect.

I apologized. That's all I can do.
    I don't think anyone is going to lead you where you need to go (you're a big boy and all) - but (as painful as it is) they're going to kick you in the right direction. The rest is up to you. I will say, though - if you think apologizing is all you can do - you're probably may need to look at the path you're on. You are tasked with restoring your credibility - not the other way around...

Not fair? As you've already stated - you know your reputation has been damaged. You are the only one on the board who has created for yourself a rep as a douchebag, as has been confirmed by all previous posts in this thread and a few in the pass thread.

Except for the whining about the rep you've created, and your admitted failure to examine the remarks on this thread and the ones on the pass thread as closely as the writers intended for them to be (regardless of your own reasons for merely scanning them), you've started a decent apology.

But forget about the name calling, high siding, etc. This is where you're fucked: I would not be a part of a pass in which you are a participant; i.e., you can't be trusted. Doubt if I'm alone on this count.

So stop whining. Time will tell.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Not fair? As you've already stated - you know your reputation has been damaged. You are the only one on the board who has created for yourself a rep as a douchebag, as has been confirmed by all previous posts in this thread and a few in the pass thread.

Except for the whining about the rep you've created, and your admitted failure to examine the remarks on this thread and the ones on the pass thread as closely as the writers intended for them to be (regardless of your own reasons for merely scanning them), you've started a decent apology.

But forget about the name calling, high siding, etc. This is where you're fucked: I would not be a part of a pass in which you are a participant; i.e., you can't be trusted. Doubt if I'm alone on this count.

Fair enough.

rehabilitation is not out of the question but it takes time.. and effort.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by basil

Right on the money. It takes a long time to establish a good, solid reputation, and only one second to fuck it all up. For some it's a one-strike-you're-out kinda thing, not saying that's right or wrong, it just is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    rehabilitation is not out of the question but it takes time.. and effort.
    Amen.

Guessing isn't really appropriate. Read the posts. I don't have a dog in this hunt, but people took the time to post and let you know they are upset with you so, you should at least take the time to read what they said.

I would guess that you probably have read every word. Don't know why you wouldn't or why you'd say you didn't.

This just seems like an extension of the flippant and cavalier attitude Ted is referring to in his first post.

Thread Information