Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CigarBid has the worst costumer service I have ever seen.

You bid.......You win...... YOU PAY.
    Sorry -Its a simple rule.
    Do we refund the folks who gamble and lose more than they can afford???

In dealing with cigarbid customer reps..........you pay peanuts, you get monkey's

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Level-headed?? You musta filed the point down some.
    lmao....that's funny.

still new around here and new to the online retailers, can someone kindly clarify something for me; is cigar bid owned or opperated by cigar international?

Thanks,

Andrew

Sorry, I was a little steamed there. To clear some things up. When I placed the bids, I was going to be able to easily clear them. Unfortunately, a very unexpected expense came up that I had to cover. I'm not going into details about it, but it just kind of blind-sided me. I understand I came off a bit whiny about the situation, I was just a bit stressed at the time.

My main gripe was that their policy clearly states that I could pay a 15% restocking fee to cancel an order. I arranged this through the customer service option on their site(the rep even said they would waive the restocking fee). A customer service rep actually confirmed that the orders were canceled, twice. What happens? They ship the order anyways. My whole problem with this is that two customer service reps blatantly lied to me. If they didn't have the cancellation policy, I would have taken my lumps like a good sport. I would have had no problems with that because it is my mistake after-all.

Just in an attempt to salvage some of my integrity here, I will tell you how this whole thing resolved.

I received the package today. It was three lots that I tried to cancel. I received only one of the lots so two had actually been canceled. So in their defense, they got it mostly right. A gross over-reaction on my part and I must apologize. I will bold this next part:

CigarBid actually refunded me the cost of the lot and told me to keep it for the inconvenience. Again a gross over-reaction and I must apologize.

So yeah, good job CigarBid and again I am sorry.
    Last edited by ibarney5; 07-16-2009 at 10:10 AM.

Blog Entries

So you actually ended up with 5 free cigars out of this deal?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ibarney5 View Post
    CigarBid actually refunded me the cost of the lot and told me to keep it for the inconvenience. Wow, now I feel like a complete fool. Again a gross over-reaction and I must apologize.[/B]

So yeah, good job CigarBid and again I am sorry.
    It may be naive of me, but I tend to believe that if you work with a company and show them respect and a good attitude, usually you will get your problem resolved and you might end up surprised. Now, I've had some bad experiences with customer service, but for the most part this strategy has worked for me.
    Smoke em' if you got em'

So you actually ended up with 5 free cigars out of this deal?
    No, I requested the charge stay on the card. I don't feel right taking something like this free when the whole thing is my fault from the start. I'm not a complete and total douchebag yet. It was a 10 pack of Gurkha Nepalese Warrior's actually.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ibarney5 View Post
    No, I requested the charge stay on the card. I don't feel right taking something like this free when the whole thing is my fault from the start. I'm not a complete and total douchebag yet. It was a 10 pack of Gurkha Nepalese Warrior's actually.
    And I hope you don't have intention to become one.

Good move paying for the cigars you actually received.

I have decided to let the point on my head grow back.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    I have decided to let the point on my head grow back.
    Good to hear. We need something to play ring toss on!

Quote Originally Posted by Shagaroo View Post
    Good to hear. We need something to play ring toss on!
    I'm yer huckleberry!

Thread Information