Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: End Table Band Project

Default End Table Band Project

I have an old end table which I use in the cigar room between chairs for beverages, cigar catalogs, ashtray etc. I got a creative bug a couple of weeks back and decided I would cover the table top in bands. My inspiration was HeftySmokes' bar project he posted on here some time ago.

I think it turned out alright. If I do this sort of thing again, I will be sure to coat the bands with a layer or two of clear glue so the envirotex does not seep into the bands- especially the lighter colored ones. Oh well. My mistake did result in an antiqued/distressed look I guess.

A work in progress:

After first coat of sealant:

Completed top view:
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Wow, that looks great! Nice work.
    "This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it." - V

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

thats a pretty sick table!!!

James, dude it looks great
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Blog Entries

Very cool indeed. Nice work!

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Very well done! I think it looks great that way.

Great job, I like the look also.

Rich

Awesome...I would be proud to display something like that in my house any day...now only if I could get the warden to go along...mooahhhmooahhhh

“Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.”
    - George Burns

“I have to laugh when I think of the first cigar, because it was probably just a bunch of rolled up tobacco leaves”
    - Jack Handy

Nice table . Definitely looking forward to doing something like that in the future.

Who'd you get all those bands from, we all know you smoke White Owls and Black and Milds.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Blog Entries

Kewl table ..is there something on top of the bands?

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Quote Originally Posted by cinda View Post
    You always know what to ask Cinda I was wondering that myself
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

I like it very much! Very classy!
    Just another day at the office!

I like it. Picasso would be jealous.

Looking good James.

Very nice, looks professional!

In addition to Cinda's question, how did you determine the placement? Just put 'em on any ol' way or did you plan where you wanted them at?
    Last edited by Mizicke5273; 07-27-2009 at 07:54 AM.
    Yay! Cigars!

Quote Originally Posted by cinda View Post
    Yes'm.. ..there is. After getting the bands downs and tight, I taped down the edge (blue tape in second pic) and applied a coat of Envirotex. Envirotex is a 2 part solution (resin and hardener) that when mixed together and applied, dries to a hard glass like finish on the surface sealing in whatever you pour/brush it over. After 12 hours, I applied a second coat for good measure. It is hard for the camera to pick up, but there is about a 1/8 inch layer of hard clear surface above the bands.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizicke5273 View Post
    Very nice, looks professional!

In addition to Cinda's question, how did you determine the placement? Just put 'em on any ol' way or did you plan where you wanted them at?
    Other than keeping the bands in the same direction throughout (vertical and horizontal), there were no rules for placement- just wherever certain bands seemed to fit. Also, I tried not to use the same band more than twice. It worked out nice in that a GOF label played in dead center.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Yep, nice stuff.

Thanks for the compliments all. The table looks good back in it's designated place...

--Drive-By Truckers

Very nice project. I had started doing something similar with my 20 ct humidor, but abandoned it because the thing is a piece of shit and will not hold humidity for anything.
    I have made it a rule never to smoke more that one cigar at a time.
    Mark Twain

Thread Information