Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first humidor!!

1. Default My first humidor!!

So i am new to this site and also new to cigars. I have been enjoying them for the last year (i am just about 19). Today i got my first humidor and i am setting it up tomorrow and I am vey stoked.
    Last edited by stogienewb; 08-03-2009 at 10:00 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by stogienewb View Post
    So i am new to this site, and new to cigars but i have been enjoying them for the last year (i am just about 19) so today i got my first humidor and i am setting it up tomarow and I am stoked.
    Spell check much?
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.”
    - George Burns

“I have to laugh when I think of the first cigar, because it was probably just a bunch of rolled up tobacco leaves”
    - Jack Handy

3. Default

should be a bit better

Well, ignore the grammar policeman.
    Congrats though, I look to buy one eventually. I haven't been into the cigar thing long enough to need one though.
    Hopefully it'll be what you expected, and do a great job. :)

5. Default

hey man. have fun with it learn alot. try alot. ive been smokeing now 1 and 1/2 yrs. love it. I now have 3 humidors and about to buy me a 4th lol. im also in kuwait and going to get me some cubans soon. but have fun, also sign up for the newbie sampler.

Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnRemedy View Post
    Well, ignore the grammar policeman.
    Although an earlier post was referring to "spelling", and not "grammar", it's probably a bad idea to ignore either one. It's a stretch in expectation to want to be taken seriously when one's posts are full of misspellings, poorly structured sentences, lower case caps, etc. Spell check can take care of a lot (but not all) spelling issues, and posted errors are a sign the writer doesn't give a shit and can't be bothered with doing something correctly. Grammar, sentence structure, punctuation, and other issues require more of the writer's diligence and attention, and maybe even the effort to use a (online - it's that fucking easy) reference.

In the absence of voice inflection, facial expression, etc., of conventional communication, we all glean what clues we can that will give us some insight into the nature of the membership here. Instances of apathy, laziness, inattentiveness, and ignorance are catalogued away by readers, consciously or otherwise, and can accumulate and serve to give an overall impression of an individual as being a potential dilettante asshat fucking troll; not always, but the shoe often fits . . .

There are many exceptions of course, with leeway given usually to senior membership - folks for whom apathy, ignorance, etc., have been long ago ruled out. For good or bad, newbs don't get to enjoy that luxury until they are no longer newbs.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

7. Default

I just got my first humidor last week. Setting it up was a lot of fun, although confusing at times. You are going to love having smokes on-hand for whenever. Make sure to take your time to properly season it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Although an earlier post was referring to "spelling", and not "grammar", it's probably a bad idea to ignore either one. It's a stretch in expectation to want to be taken seriously when one's posts are full of misspellings, poorly structured sentences, lower case caps, etc. Spell check can take care of a lot (but not all) spelling issues, and posted errors are a sign the writer doesn't give a shit and can't be bothered with doing something correctly. Grammar, sentence structure, punctuation, and other issues require more of the writer's diligence and attention, and maybe even the effort to use a (online - it's that fucking easy) reference.

In the absence of voice inflection, facial expression, etc., of conventional communication, we all glean what clues we can that will give us some insight into the nature of the membership here. Instances of apathy, laziness, inattentiveness, and ignorance are catalogued away by readers, consciously or otherwise, and can accumulate and serve to give an overall impression of an individual as being a potential dilettante asshat fucking troll; not always, but the shoe often fits . . .

There are many exceptions of course, with leeway given usually to senior membership - folks for whom apathy, ignorance, etc., have been long ago ruled out. For good or bad, newbs don't get to enjoy that luxury until they are no longer newbs.
    Rut row Myownremedy I think you have been schooled! It's ok I am sure they all ready told you all this when you applied to college this fall.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

9. Default

How do you season it? I cleaned it up with distelled water and its getting the humidiy close to where it is supposed to be, its at 60% now. It is getting close.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post

o who the fuck cares. the boy is 19 i am 21 and I really don't care... this is what makes me think people like you are snobs. If you don't like how someone spells don't read any of his/her post anymore. Much like I am going to do to you now for being such a stuck up got to have it right all the time douche fyi i am pointing out all the ones you had in red also and didn't bother to fix.
    Last edited by Bama; 08-06-2009 at 06:49 PM.

Blog Entries

*grabs popcorn*

Quote Originally Posted by Bama View Post
    o who the fuck cares. the boy is 19 i am 21 and I really don't care... this is what makes me thing people like you are snobs. If you don't like how someone spells don't read any of there post anymore. Much like I am going to do to you now for being such a stuck up got to have it right all the time douche fyi i am pointing out all the ones you had in red also and didn't bother to fix.
    Each day I break my previous record of consecutive days alive.

13. Default

thanks hows it look now lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bama View Post
    Oh who the fuck cares? The boy is 19 I am 21, and I really don't care... This is what makes me think people like you are snobs. If you don't like how someone spells, don't read any of his/her post anymore. Much like I am going to do to you now for being such a stuck up, got to have it right all the time douche. FYI, I am pointing out all the ones you had in red also, and didn't bother to fix.

FAIL!

FYI, CATALOGUED is spelled correctly!
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Woo, finally someone gets their ass on their shoulders and I'm in time to watch it develop. I so hate reading over this sort of thread after the fact, wondering how I missed all the fun.
    I have made it a rule never to smoke more that one cigar at a time.
    Mark Twain

16. Default

Okay, well thank all of you kind people for the kind welcome to this (what i thought to be) helpfull forum. But as i have read over many post i have come to find that many people are more confrontational than helpfull. A great way to get more people into the hobby!
    Last edited by stogienewb; 08-06-2009 at 08:17 PM. Reason: spelling

Blog Entries

Un-welcome from Bitterville, PA

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stogienewb View Post
    Okay, well thank all of you kind people for the kind welcome to this (what i thought to be) helpfull forum. But as i have read over many post i have come to find that many people are more confrontational than helpfull. A great way to get more people into the hobby!
    Just don't be all butt-hurt, grow some skin, and try to keep your posts intelligible, and this place is VERY helpful.

Flipping the at a highly respected member, who was trying to correct HORRENDOUS grammar and spelling errors will provoke confrontation ANYWHERE!
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

19. Default

Well seeing as I am not "Butt hurt", nor was i trying to offend anyone. All I was trying to to with this tread was to express my enjoyment of the hobby and the excitement that i had about my first humidor but acouple negitve Nancys killed that. Now when I comment on how this tread has become very off putting I am agian shut down my more members. Thanks

20. Default

Also not once did i give anybody the finger. I went back tried to fix my mistakes and go on with my post but everyone has tracked off course.

Thread Information