Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: avatars

Default avatars

what's the short story behind it? i know some of your avatar don't need explaining.

my girlfriend made mine on the south park website. she said its me before i go to bed.

She's just hot!

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

just a picasso painting of a dude with a cigar

A Van Gogh self portrait cropped to look like he's peeking through a window. Or looking in his mailbox. Always reminded me of Monty Python animation (now if only it would move).
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by grand cru no 2
    She's just hot!

Yep, Ray!!! Others think so as well!!!

I've always been a great fan of the Marx Brothers, especially Groucho - I have a moustache like his (although it's not painted on) - and he smokes cigars which makes it an absolute plus!!!

Besides, wouldn't you agree that my humor sometimes is cynical and off-beat like his???

Quote Originally Posted by 8-5-8
    A Van Gogh self portrait cropped to look like he's peeking through a window. Or looking in his mailbox. Always reminded me of Monty Python animation (now if only it would move).
    Monty Python - my absolute fav!!! Thinking kind of humor!!! Again, another reason I like Groucho Marx!!!

My 1985 4Runner with chains on 35 inch tires stomping through some snow in mid January
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

found the pic on a Cartoon Network site...some monkey super hero....can't remember the cartoon. I cropped it and made the eyes flash red.

monkey....labmonkey....get the connection?

Blog Entries

I signed up on CigarPass as "CoventryCat86" (see the other thread where I explain my screen name) and I thought all the canned avatars from the "community pack" were pretty lame. Since I'm not smart enough with photo imaging software, etc., I don't know how to design my own avatar. Then one day Rod (the site owner) added about 20 new avatars with the one I'm using being one of them. I figured it was very fitting for my screen name AND it looks very similar to an all white Maine Coon Cat that my ex-wife and I had when we were married (she got "custody" of the cat ). She's still alive and is now nine years old (the CAT, not the ex-wife ).

I never did ask Rod if he put this one in specifically for me, maybe he did or maybe is was just a coincidence. Since it is one of the available avatars in the "community pack" at CigarPass anyone could use this one but c'mon let's get serious, WHO WOULD?

One guy actually did start using it a couple of weeks ago and just about everyone said "Whoa, I had to do a double take since I thought you were CC86." He only posted a couple of times and we never heard from him again.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by labmonkey
    found the pic on a Cartoon Network site...some monkey super hero....can't remember the cartoon. I cropped it and made the eyes flash red.

monkey....labmonkey....get the connection?
    That's Monkey from Dexter's Laboratory! After countless tests and exposure to exotic chemicals and radiation, Dexter has observed nothing remarkable about his specimen, and assumes he will never be anything more that a "mere monkey". Little does Dexter know that monkey secretly goes out and saves the world while Dexter sleeps...

Can you tell that I watch way too many cartoons?
    Last edited by 8-5-8; 06-29-2005 at 10:44 AM.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

That's Monkey from Dexter's Laboratory! After countless tests and exposure to exotic chemicals and radiation, Dexter has observed nothing remarkable about his specimen, and assumes he will never be anything more that a "mere monkey". Little does Dexter know that monkey secretly goes out and saves the world while Dexter sleeps...

Can you tell that watch way to many cartoons?
    i thought the monkey looked familiar. i don't get cable anymore, though. so no good cartoons.

my avatar is foamy from IllWillPress.com. no real reason why i picked it, i just love the cartoons.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

Can you tell that watch way to many cartoons?
    cool....you know I used to watch Dexter's Laboratory for a while, but then had to get rid of cable. I got this avatar way after I used to watch.

Thanks...now I know exactly where he comes from.

4717 Clarendon Av. Fort Smith, Arkansas 72904

Just a photo of Hemmingway and his dog. His quotes have always intrigued me. He must have either been very intelligent or very practically minded.
    Last edited by razrbakcrzy; 06-29-2005 at 10:29 AM.
    Jim

"If Guns Cause Crime, All Mine Are Defective." -- Ted Nugent

"Sure I have a permit. it's called the Second Amendment." -- Ted Nugent

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

We already threw out all the undeseriable from our country, We sent'em back to England. -- Thomas Quigley (Tom Selleck - Quigley down Under)

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    what's the short story behind it? i know some of your avatar don't need explaining.

my girlfriend made mine on the south park website. she said its me before i go to bed.
    I love Onyx!. Actually, I change my siggy and avatar a lot, just haven't found one that I like to stay with.

15. Default

self portrait
    The older I get ,the better I was

Blog Entries

Well I started playing with photoshop last night and decided it was time for a new avatar (although the seminole head might be back in ~ a month for football season). What do you guys think of the Dogbert smoking a cigar?

I got a Dilbert Strip with Dogbert sitting on a stoole and added the cigar and smoke effect. Can you guys even tell its a cigar?
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848
    Well I started playing with photoshop last night and decided it was time for a new avatar (although the seminole head might be back in ~ a month for football season). What do you guys think of the Dogbert smoking a cigar?

I got a Dilbert Strip with Dogbert sitting on a stoole and added the cigar and smoke effect. Can you guys even tell its a cigar?
    I like it....Dogbert rocks!

hell yeah!

Mine is pretty self explanitory. I am a vol. firefighter and EMT for Twin Lakes Fire and Rescue.

I like it!
    Don't worry about the mule, just load the wagon.

Thread Information