Thread: Graduation smoke for a newbie

Default Graduation smoke for a newbie

Hello Cigar world,
    My name is david and im new to the cigar world, so i guess im wet behind the ears or whatever other metaphor you would like to use. Im currently a pharmacy student whose about to graduate in less than a year from st johns university. Its a grueling 6 yr doctorate program, so i have basically put a lot of hard work into it (supposedly). My question to you experts would be, what would be the best cigar for me to be buy now for humidor which is coming tomorrow to smoke on the day of my graduation? (which is may of next yr 2010). I will take all your suggestions into consideration whichever i feel is the best choice for my grad cigar , i will take a pic of as i buy it, chronicle its steps thru my blog most likely, until grad day and video tape myself on the day itself smoking your suggestion. The gravity of the situation is very important and i need you to help me do this. Feel free to message me your suggestions.
    Why must i settle for just comfortable?
    I have one life to live.
    And i want to be wealthy!
    No reason i shouldnt want to be.

Blog Entries

Some of the REAL experts here should be ones to give the actual suggestion BUT there were some cigar makers that left Cuba when Castro took over, came to this country, worked hard and RE-established themselves and went on to become famous in the world of cigars. Whoever accomplished the most and overcame the most significant obstacles along the way to cigar heaven on earth should be whose cigar you choose.
    " I did not have sex with that woman, Miss Lewinsky"

Quote Originally Posted by FranK View Post
    Some of the REAL experts here should be ones to give the actual suggestion BUT there were some cigar makers that left Cuba when Castro took over, came to this country, worked hard and RE-established themselves and went on to become famous in the world of cigars. Whoever accomplished the most and overcame the most significant obstacles along the way to cigar heaven on earth should be whose cigar you choose.
    Oh, Frank... You're so funny...

4. Default

Or maybe you could just fucking buy whatever cigars you like. I DO NOT buy into the left cuba penniless bullshit. We would be trading with Cuba again if those obnoxious fucks in south Fla would shut the fuck up. Here is a news flash,you aint getting your fucking hut back when castro croaks
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    or maybe you could just fucking buy whatever cigars you like. I do not buy into the left cuba penniless bullshit. We would be trading with cuba again if those obnoxious fucks in south fla would shut the fuck up. Here is a news flash,you aint getting your fucking hut back when castro croaks
    lol!

Frank - this is a CLASSIC example of why it's SO important to read more - post less...

...and if you ask me "why?" - you're not reading enough...

Blog Entries

.........punishment accepted.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Frank - this is a CLASSIC example of why it's SO important to read more - post less...

...and if you ask me "why?" - you're not reading enough...
    BUT...clearly the guy is looking for a symbolic cigar. I was just pointing him toward symbolism.

BUT...clearly the guy is looking for a symbolic cigar. I was just pointing him toward symbolism.
    Frank, sybolism pretty much doesn't mean shit if the stick tastes like crap.

Blog Entries

Nobody has even SUGGESTED a stick anyway. So I guess it doesn't mean shit all the way around.

FranK, the issue isn't so much the content of your post as it is the date of the original post.

After almost 4 MONTHS no one had bothered to reply, I don't think this thread was worthy of the thread-necromancy.
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

Blog Entries

After almost 4 MONTHS no one had bothered to reply.....

Oh shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvin View Post
    FranK, the issue isn't so much the content of your post as it is the date of the original post.

After almost 4 MONTHS no one had bothered to reply, I don't think this thread was worthy of the thread-necromancy.
    ...and there's a doggone good reason there were no posts in this thread...

After almost 4 MONTHS no one had bothered to reply.....

Oh shit.
    I think yer gettin' it!

...now - see if you can understand WHY there were no posts in this thread.

BIG CLUE - start by reading my sigtag and go from there...

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    ...and there's a doggone good reason there were no posts in this thread...
    I kind of wanted to see if Frank here would get it on his own
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvin View Post
    I kind of wanted to see if Frank here would get it on his own

I did think Frank got it on his own and was making a funny...

Thread Information