Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What's for supper?

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Doing more lamb stew tonight. Always better the second round! Gotta have fresh biscuits!
    Just another day at the office!

I made Italian sausage pene pasta . . . fry up a couple of pounds of hot italian sausage, sautee mushrooms, peppers and onions, add your maranara, pour over boiled pene pasta. Serve with garlic bread or bruschetta.
    Make your enemies by choice, not by chance - Alfred Bester

Last night we had deer chili, man that's some good stuff. Followed that with a Camacho triple maduro.

Tonight we are having fresh just caught catfish stuffed with crab and crawfish, topped with a butter mushroom sauce. Then a Padron 64 Principe Maduro for dessert.

Rich

Blog Entries

Surfine 4 cheese pizza, and Yuengling Porter

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Home made french fries and hot wings (made from chicken breast as the warden won't eat "real wings")
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.”
    - George Burns

“I have to laugh when I think of the first cigar, because it was probably just a bunch of rolled up tobacco leaves”
    - Jack Handy

Just finished up some Tacos.

Thinking about a Te Amo for dessert
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

Blog Entries

Pineapple and onion pizza and garden salad.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

My youngest son turned 9 today, so he got to pick where we go for his B-day dinner. He chose Ryan's Steakhouse. I think I'm going to hurl.

Blog Entries

I had figaros pizza.meatlovers with extra cheese and mushrooms. Yum yum.

I grilled kebabs last night. Marinated beef, onion, mushroom, red bell pepper, and tomato. I was going to chase it with a Rey Del Mundo Oscuro Robusto and a Miller Porter or two, but as I was getting the kebabs off the grill the thunderstorm that had been threatening finally hit.
    I have made it a rule never to smoke more that one cigar at a time.
    Mark Twain

Blog Entries

Tonight I am having a Pollo ala crema type of meal.

1 medium onion.
    1 8 oz. Package of sliced mushrooms.
    1 Tbsp. Chicken base.
    2 Chicken breasts boneless.
    2 Cups of water.
    4 Cups of milk.
    1/2 C. Butter
    1/2 C. Flour.
    4 oz. Hard Mexican type cheese or Parmesan cheese. Grated.
    Salt and Pepper to taste.

Take the onion and mushrooms and place in Crock Pot with the 2 cups of water. Put on High.
    Cut chicken breasts into small chunks. Add to Crock Pot and stir. Let sit for 35 min. on High.
    When chicken is done reduce heat to low. Add milk.

Let this simmer for 3-4 hours.

45 minuets before serving heat butter in saucepan until melted using medium heat. Add flour and stir constantly for about 2 minuets.
    Add flour butter mixture to the crock pot and stir with heat set on high for 5 minuets.
    Set crock pot to low. Add cheese and stir. Serve.

It is a delicious recipe! I cooked rice ( a mix of brown, wild, and white rice) you can use egg noodles too, but rice seems to make it taste better. If you want to spice it up a bit, you can add some jalapenos or some crushed red pepper. YUM YUM!

Wow, Roger, can I come over for supper? What are your feelings on adopting me? Your recipes sound delicious!

I'm going out on a date tonight to an Italian restaurant that has a brick oven for their pizzas. Pretty decent place. If the date goes bad I'll at least know the food will be good.
    Each day I break my previous record of consecutive days alive.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TravPSU View Post
    Wow, Roger, can I come over for supper? What are your feelings on adopting me? Your recipes sound delicious!

I'm going out on a date tonight to an Italian restaurant that has a brick oven for their pizzas. Pretty decent place. If the date goes bad I'll at least know the food will be good.
    Sorry, my house is full! I have one lucky guy (a forest fire fighter) who is staying with me. He does like my cooking too! I consider that a bonus. LOL Well I have a bit of experience in the cooking department. What can I say? I love to cook!

Hit up the local sports bar for some wings...extra crispy & suicide sauce
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.”
    - George Burns

“I have to laugh when I think of the first cigar, because it was probably just a bunch of rolled up tobacco leaves”
    - Jack Handy

Blog Entries

I am going to do a second round on leftovers with the saucy chicken. For a variation I will add some jalapeno peppers and a tbsp. Of chilli powder to change the flavor profile a bit. I will also serve that with just white rice. Yum yum!

Roger, I think you should put out a cook book! I for one would def buy a copy
    - George Burns

- Jack Handy

Tonight we're grilling up some sausages.

Last night we grilled some chicken and zucchini. I slathered some authentic Kansas City BBQ sauce on the chicken just drizzled some olive oil over the zucchini. Turned out to be an awesome meal. Even better as leftovers today.

Blog Entries

Cooking a 9 LB. ham and making twice baked potatoes. Will be an awesome meal!

Blog Entries

Its 8:30 and my sister her teenagers and I just got back from school shopping. Now its time for pizza! My feet hurt!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Thread Information