Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What's for supper?

1. Default

Tacos Mexicanos...Soft tacos with beef, chicken, spicy sausage, with fresh chopped jalapenos.

Blog Entries

A bowl of Kalamata olives, plum tomatoes, really good mozzarella cheese, and a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
    "Those are like the holy grail of cigars. Indiana Jones and the search for Argenicadomipanurans"
    -Denver24

"Your telling me I need to segregate my grape flavored blunts from the sour apple ones?"
    -Mangyrat

My ol'lady is out of town for another week or so (she's been gone about a week already) so when batching it I tend to not get fancy.

Yesterday I made moose burgers on the BBQ. Yes, the moose I shot this past fall Tonight I'm gonna flash up some frozen chicken burgers (cause I'm lazy) and tomorrow, it's a moose meat pie with cranberries and steamed (fresh) asparagus.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Lamb ribs over the open fire with a sweetened curry bbq sauce
    Just another day at the office!

Blog Entries

Fresh crab and bacon wrapped beef tenderloin

I declared today Cuban day. I put some Cuban Shredded Beef in the crockpot this morning. Gonna make rice and beans to go with the beef. I have all the stuff to make mojitos to wash it all down. And, if everything goes as planned, I'll be enjoying a nice cigar afterward. Probably a cigar that fits this theme!

ETA: Here is the recipe I have for Cuban Shredded Beef

Cuban shredded beef

Ingredients

* 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
    * 1 medium-sized yellow onion, chopped
    * 2 garlic cloves, chopped
    * 1 (2-1/2- to 3-pound) bottom round roast
    * 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
    * 2 teaspoons chili powder
    * 2 teaspoons ground cumin
    * 1 teaspoon salt
    * 1 teaspoon black pepper

Instructions

1. In a slow cooker (3-1/2 quarts or larger), combine bell pepper, onion, and garlic; place roast on top of vegetables.

2. In a small bowl, combine tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper; mix well and pour over roast. Cover and cook on high setting 7 to 8 hours, or until meat pulls apart with a fork.

3. Turn off slow cooker and shred beef by pulling it apart with 2 forks. Stir beef mixture and allow to sit 5 minutes.

Serving Tip

Serve with rice and beans or on a crusty roll.
    Last edited by TravPSU; 09-10-2010 at 07:24 AM.
    Each day I break my previous record of consecutive days alive.

Shredded beef sounds awesome!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TravPSU View Post
    I declared today Cuban day. I put some Cuban Shredded Beef in the crockpot this morning. Gonna make rice and beans to go with the beef. I have all the stuff to make mojitos to wash it all down. And, if everything goes as planned, I'll be enjoying a nice cigar afterward. Probably a cigar that fits this theme!

ETA: Here is the recipe I have for Cuban Shredded Beef
    Wifey made this last night for dinner (had a certain irish visitor to impress.) Anyway, it was awesome.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

My Cuban day was almost a bust. I got home from work and went to stir the crock pot when I realized it was still cold. Apparently the outlet I plugged in to is finicky and only works when you hold pressure on the plug. So we moved Cuban day to Saturday and it turned out great. I think we're going to use the leftovers to make tacos tonight.
    Each day I break my previous record of consecutive days alive.

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Anyway, it was awesome.
    X2. A great meal to start the evening.

Doing the Cuban Shredded Beef tonight. The smell is heavenly, to the point the wife and I have felt we have been tortured for the last 7 hours! It's that, red beans and rice, and I'll finish of the evening with an Arganese Maduro Chairman Torpedo.

12. Default

I don't usually do anything fancy but tonight is the exception. I am making Chicken Lou, it is chicken breast marinated in cream of mushroom soup and lemon and mustard. I put some sage on it and cook the whole mess in the oven at 350 for about 45 minutes. I put it over some rice pilaf and serve. It will be delicious. If don't like chicken you can cook turkey instead, it will taste about the same.
    Last edited by lgabrick; 09-27-2010 at 08:38 AM.

Blog Entries

Coldcuts (turkey breast), American cheese and water. Raspberry sorbet for dessert.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Dbl cheese burger, fries, beer and Monday Night Football.

15. Default

Last night i cast iron seared some chuck eye steaks. This is the cut at the end of the ribeye loin, its the same meat just without that distinctive eye shape marbelization, and its about half the price and just as tasty, check it out. We had that with a side of roasted bliss potato's and baby bella mushrooms, both then sautéed in garlic oil, minced garlic and S&P. For drink we had a nice glass of Murphy Good cabernet from Alexander Valley. It was a fantastic meal to say the least !!!

Blog Entries

17. Default

Home made chili...Threw in a wee bit of ghost pepper to take the chill of the evening off.

Quote Originally Posted by Eville View Post
    Dude, that looks great. That thing owns the Double Down. How was it?

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    Home made chili...Threw in a wee bit of ghost pepper to take the chill of the evening off.

A few weeks ago my buddy gave me a ghost pepper from his garden. I diced it up and put it on top of some mongolian beef. Great aroma/flavors in the ghost pepper. Intense.

Blog Entries

No fava beans. No nice Chianti. Just the liver.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Liver-n-Onions.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	2199

Thread Information