Thread: Occupation list

Default Occupation list

I want to use this post to start a domino effect of members posting their occupations and talents, in hopes of it possibly being beneficial to fellow S/BOTL.

Right now im a pharmacy intern at New York Methodist Hospital in NYC. In a yr i will be a pharmacist and plan on staying at the hospital. I will also try and get a job in a retail store, so i can have two jobs. My goal is to save up for a downpayment for a condo out in the city and to save up. After a few years of working as a pharmacist i want to switch to law and combine my degrees. Hopefully i will land a job as a patent lawyer or work for a drug company. Well see where life leads me.

Please keep this thread growing and and lets help eachother out.
    PS- I have no talents
    Why must i settle for just comfortable?
    I have one life to live.
    And i want to be wealthy!
    No reason i shouldnt want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Forbes View Post
    I want to use this post to start a domino effect of members posting their occupations and talents, in hopes of it possibly being beneficial to fellow S/BOTL.

Right now im a pharmacy intern at New York Methodist Hospital in NYC. In a yr i will be a pharmacist and plan on staying at the hospital. I will also try and get a job in a retail store, so i can have two jobs. My goal is to save up for a downpayment for a condo out in the city and to save up. After a few years of working as a pharmacist i want to switch to law and combine my degrees. Hopefully i will land a job as a patent lawyer or work for a drug company. Well see where life leads me.

Please keep this thread growing and and lets help eachother out.
    PS- I have no talents
    Have you given up on the Doctor of Pharmacy degree?

When life is leading you - be sure not to take the left turn at Hoboken.

Blog Entries

Déjà vu .
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Blog Entries

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there." - Lewis Carroll

We've heard the pharmacy school bit, and the getting rich bit. Now there's law school in the mix. And I, for one, encourage you, if that is truly your passion for life is to be wealthy. But I find a contradiction with all of the education you are pursuing and the desires to make money. Unless you got full scholarships to both pharmacy school and law school (which you might), you'll be drowning in student loans for years that you're pharmaceutical patent lawyer job won't be able to support. You will never get rich working for someone else. With large salaries comes tight strings. I, myself, am not rich, nor do I even know how much money would constitute being rich.

Learn these skills now, and master them over a lifetime:

1) Negotiate. It's not what you know, or even really who you know. It's what you negotiate.
    2) Set goals and timelines, then take steps (even small ones) to attain them. Sacrifice all. Even cigars, if you really want that goal.
    3) Pursue ideas and dreams. Even the wildest ones. Always. Don't listen to detractors, but know when to quit; accept defeat and move on when the time is right.

You really need some kind of talent to fall back on. What if you flunk out of pharmacy school? Then where do you go, or what do you do? Learn some kind of skill that makes you marketable while you are working on your wealth dreams.

Finally, money does not equal happiness. You won't ever find it there.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there." - Lewis Carroll

1) Negotiate. It's not what you know, or even really who you know. It's what you negotiate.
    2) Set goals and timelines, then take steps (even small ones) to attain them. Sacrifice all. Even cigars, if you really want that goal.
    3) Pursue ideas and dreams. Even the wildest ones. Always. Don't listen to detractors, but know when to quit; accept defeat and move on when the time is right.

WHAT ...are you crazy...sacrifice cigars...shouldn't you smoke them instead of throwing them into a volcano or something

We've heard the pharmacy school bit, and the getting rich bit. Now there's law school in the mix. And I, for one, encourage you, if that is truly your passion for life is to be wealthy. But I find a contradiction with all of the education you are pursuing and the desires to make money. Unless you got full scholarships to both pharmacy school and law school (which you might), you'll be drowning in student loans for years that you're pharmaceutical patent lawyer job won't be able to support. You will never get rich working for someone else. With large salaries comes tight strings. I, myself, am not rich, nor do I even know how much money would constitute being rich.

You really need some kind of talent to fall back on. What if you flunk out of pharmacy school? Then where do you go, or what do you do? Learn some kind of skill that makes you marketable while you are working on your wealth dreams.

Outstanding.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Nothing could be more true!

...and does anyone truly have a definition or "rich" or "wealthy"? I've head all kinds of definitions - from Mother Theresa's version to Malcolm Forbes' view. Best I can tell - "rich" and "wealthy" (regardless of material possessions) is a state of mind, not a destination.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Forbes View Post
    I occupy an area of around 2' x 3' x 6 1/2'. Until I move. Then I occupy a similar area, but in a different location. I have many talents.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    i occupy an area of around 2' x 3' x 6 1/2'. Until i move. Then i occupy a similar area, but in a different location. I have many talents.
    lmao
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.”
    - George Burns

“I have to laugh when I think of the first cigar, because it was probably just a bunch of rolled up tobacco leaves”
    - Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    [/COLOR][/B]

...and does anyone truly have a definition or "rich" or "wealthy"? I've head all kinds of definitions - from Mother Theresa's version to Malcolm Forbes' view. Best I can tell - "rich" and "wealthy" (regardless of material possessions) is a state of mind, not a destination.
    I don't have a definition of rich OR wealthy, but I know the difference, only because I read it somewhere.

"Shaq is rich. The guy who pays Shaq is wealthy!"

And I can echo the sentiment about money not equating to happiness. About 3 years ago, I was rebounding from a very tumultous period of life. Everything became secondary to a goal of personal growth and well-being. I ended up taking a 1/3 cut in pay that year (I'm on a bonus plan and work fell low on the priority list) and it was one of the best things that ever happened to me. I learned in that year what was REALLY important to me.
    "The world's a tough place, kid. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    [/COLOR][/B]

"Shaq is rich. The white man who signs his check is wealthy." - Chris Rock, 'Never Scared.'

NSFW clip - http://comedy.videosift.com/video/Ch...ck-The-Wealthy
    Last edited by craig; 08-25-2009 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Double post, but the correct quote.
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Blog Entries

Very true..infact thats what I do all day long Negotiate.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cinda View Post
    Very true..infact thats what I do all day long Negotiate.
    Don't you mean ARGUE?

"We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    Don't you mean ARGUE?

I wait to I get home to argue.....

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

I don't tell anyone what I know or what I can do .... at least not anymore.

I had to do a professional assessment (PA) while working for a previous employer which was on a scale of zero through six ..... zero being the basic stuff, 1 and 2 being associate, 3 being manager, and 4, 5, and 6 being senior management, principles, and partners accordingly. We were told that due to the criteria on each level we as associates shouldn't get much higher than 1's or 2's. In order to be a "1", you had to have all the experience they outlined in the "0" and in the "1" categories. In order to be a "2", you needed everything from 0, 1, and 2. And then you filled in any partial experience from higher levels.

Out of 12 different areas, I had nine which were 3's and three which were 4's, with tons of "partial" experience in the 5's and 6's. I had to explain the why's and how's for a couple hours during my review which I found out what the longest review ever done.

For that, I had to thank Uncle Sam's Moving Company and the training I had gotten from my six years on active duty.

Kris

Blog Entries

I spend all day telling college boys with imaginary doctoral degrees how to put the maximum amount of shit in a given space and keep track of it. That way, when they finally get those gazillions they will know how to efficiently store it.

17. Default

I supervise 11 refuse collectors. We get calls of where refuse might be located. They then go check it out. Sometimes we stumble upon refuse and haul it in. We take it to a large processing center where it is routed to various destinations for disposal. I make sure the collectors do their job within the guidelines mandated by state law and company policy. Guess you could say I'm in waste management.
    Last edited by cigarsarge; 08-27-2009 at 08:38 PM.

18. Default

I make pharmaceuticals in my shed
    The older I get ,the better I was

I'm retired and on a fixed income so I save lots of money by buying my drugs from Kevin.

I missed you guys! Not Dow Jones. But the rest of you are A+, or at least a B, in my book.

Thread Information